Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And i would be involved in Destiny. PM me if ya have any questions!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Will we ever met Colonel Grant's father?

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
        Will we ever met Colonel Grant's father?
        There's a pretty big chance that could happen at some point.
        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Hi guys thank you once again for a terrific first season. Right now, I have one question that I can't seem to figure out and I would appreciate it if somebody could answer it. I would like to know a little more about the Spacegates. Does the Valiant, and other vessels, contain a DHD that is used to dial the gate (similar to the Puddle Jumpers) or does it just open by itself? I don't think that I came across the answer in the scripts, but I might be wrong since I read so many scripts in one day. Furthermore, I think in one of the very first episodes there is a ship that is in need of repairs and manages to reach a Spacegate which connects to Horizon's Spacegate. This confused me because it relates to my previous question. If a device is needed to open the Spacegates, then how would an alien vessel posses Horizon's address? This gave me the impression that the distressed ship simply passed through one of the gates and "by accident" reached Horizon. I know I babbled on too much and I hope that this hasn't confused the person who will attempt to answer me! Thanks for the show and for reading my question
          Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
          ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
          <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Yes, I had to ask that question when writing Valiant. There is like a min-DHD onboard the Valiant, on the helm which contains all the symbols.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks EAG for the answer! However I still dont know how the messed up ship knew the Horizon's gate. Oh well!

Comment

I don't think that was actually answered...hey...Alex...
                sigpic

Comment

A question!!! Okay, here I am.

Originally posted by StevetheWraith!
                  Thanks EAG for the answer! However I still dont know how the messed up ship knew the Horizon's gate. Oh well!
                  As EAG said, the Valiant as well as the glider ships all have their own little DHDs. They were designed by the Vorians, based on the original DHD they found with their gate.

With regard to the ship in "Other Cultures..." that wasn't actually addressed in the episode itself. However, the idea was that the Ventorians did have their own version of DHD as well, which is why they were able to pass through the gate. The Ventorian homeworld is in the Milky Way Galaxy, and because of their ship damage, they were trying to get back home more quickly, which is why they used the gate. They only reached Horizon by accident.

I'm glad you've really been enjoying the episodes, by the way.

Comment

Thanks Alex and EAG for enlightening me! Its great how quickly you guys answer your fans. I wish that some producers out there would be as enthusiastic and open about their shows as your are! I am currently reading the making of episode 114 and I am loving it. I can't wait for the Season 2 ones to come out. This one is so good and full of interesting tid-bits of info. Keep up the great work man.

Comment

This thread has been kind of quiet lately. Well, since it is a sticky thread, I think it's time to remind people that you can ask any kinds of questions you have. You're looking for some more hints with regard to upcoming episodes, feel free to mention it. The worst that could happen is that we can't really answer the question because it would give away too much of a spoiler. But all questions are okay. You ever wonder if we're ever going to resolve that General Williams storyline? What about Yusuf? I can guarantee you, we haven't forgotten about any of those things. We have plans for everyone.

No one's asked about this yet, but I think it's something I should let you know: we'll also be releasing the episode release schedule for the rest of November and December pretty soon. The plan is that the first part of the mid-season two parter will be airing in December, right before Christmas (guess we could call it the Christmas Finale). The second half of the season will start airing episodes early 2006, with the season finale scheduled for a May release. And, yes, for those who don't know yet, it's 24 episode season.

So, still lots of episodes to go before the season wraps. The next few weeks will be bringing you some episodes that will include one or two intersting developments, and perhaps some surprises down the road. Tok'ra, Enoly, Draque, Kih'Andari, Felger, Arina, something of which I believe is a unique comedy episode, a major development on Earth following a surprising discovery...somewhere. Just a few of the things featured in upcoming episodes. Not exactly in that particular order though.

Comment

Is their some sort of Specail Relationship going on between Grant and Sivea, like a Carter and O'Neill and a Sheppard and Weir or Telya relationship?

Proud Supporter of:
                        - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                        - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Originally posted by Futura
                          Is their some sort of Specail Relationship going on between Grant and Sivea, like a Carter and O'Neill and a Sheppard and Weir or Telya relationship?
                          There's definitely a special relationship between Grant and Sivea. We'll see a bit more on that in episode 2.10 actually, which is called "The Cold and Distant Stars" and which will be released in December.

It's a close friendship relationship, perhaps with the potential for more one day. Who knows?

Comment

I still think Bay'lar and Sivea had something in the past, it might complicate things between Grant and Sivea.
                            sigpic

Comment

Um, already thought of: John Grant/Sivea Ve'nal Ship Discussion Thread. I'm going to make a post soon, hopefully.

(PS: I've never gotten the Shep/Weir idea. Where do those people come from??? On second thought, don't answer.)
                              This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

That thing with Grant and Sivea is intentional, by the way. I had always intended that to be there between the two. In fact, in my mind I have an idea of where I can see them eventually ending up. The same goes for some of the other characters actually. I'm afraid I can't discuss that publically, though. You'd have to join the staff to find out.

And, yeah, Bay'lar will come into play in some way eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X