This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Hodkiss
    Umm... I don't know what's up with that. It seems to work fine for me.
    Me as well.
    Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by LordHart
      Well, I meant downloading the files to your computer. If I click on the link, it opens the PDF file into the same browser window... if I choose to open it in a new tab/window, then it opens in a new tab/window... and if I try to 'Save Link As', it tries to download the tracker.php file you've set up to monitor how many people have downloaded the PDF file.

The only way I can download it (unless I am missing something), is to open the file with the browser, and then save it from there. Doing this is just a bit of a hassle, and i'm lazy...
      If you right-click on the downloads link, and then click on "save target as" you should be able to download it. You don't need to open the file in order to download and safe it.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Ah, found the reason. I'm guessing you guys have been using Internet Explorer.

I'm using Firefox, which isn't evil...

Comment

What a great idea and concept!....I am just starting to read season one and find it very interesting and entertaining. I will start using the poll once I have read each episode.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

As I am reading the scripts I see "a beat" or "and just as xyz event happens, a beat" or "(beat)".

What exactly is this beat?
            Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by illuminarok
              As I am reading the scripts I see "a beat" or "and just as xyz event happens, a beat" or "(beat)".

What exactly is this beat?
              A beat is a term which is used in scripts quite a lot. However, there are two types of beats:

If there's a beat within a character's dialog, it indicates a brief pause during the dialog. So the actor would say the line, and pause briefly at that point.

Then there are character-beats, which basically stands for action and reaction between two or more characters. This can be a conversation, or sometimes just a look; any action and reaction between two or more people can be refered to as character-beats.

When you find beats being mentioned within the scene action, they mostly indicate a pause. Unless you were to read something like "there is a beat between character A and character B." If you find something like that, it indicates a brief exchange (mostly a look) between two character in context to what's going on in the scene.

I hope this was helpful. It's not at all as complicated as it sounds.

The majority of beats you'll find in the Horizon scripts are just a short pause during a scene or during a character's dialog.

Comment

Alex, thanks for the speedy response, I appreciate it. I got interested in writing a while back and even bought a copy of Final Draft 5, but I never really did anything worthwhile with it, and eventually just stopped. Now I just type my stories, thoughts and ideas out in Word. I may get back into scripts later on Thanks again!
                Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

You can download the scripts easily, Ive always done that, never read it from the browser, just right click the link to view episode and what not and save into your computer.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Is there a way to contibute ideas/scripts for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ollock
                      Is there a way to contibute ideas/scripts for this?
                      At the moment we're doing pretty good in the writing department. We have a writing staff, who's working on the episodes. Currently we've got pretty much the first half of Season Two mapped out, along with some ideas of where things might be going in the second half of the season. However, every once and a while we'll be looking out for additional writers. In that case anyone could apply to join the staff by submitting a writing sample. When we are looking for new writers there'll be an announcement for that.

Comment

What about freelancing stuff?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                          What about freelancing stuff?
                          With five and soon six staff writers there just wouldn't be anything to do for an additional writer, since all of us will be writing several episodes. For now you're the only freelancer this season.

Comment

IM very honoured!
                            sigpic

Comment

I see. mostly I was thinking some concept stuff, though you seem to have that well established with one season down and another half finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Ollock
                                I see. mostly I was thinking some concept stuff, though you seem to have that well established with one season down and another half finished.
                                Do you mean things like concept art and designs? We are still looking for people in that department; mainly 3D designers though.

Comment

Working...
                                X