No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrapping up writing for tonight and getting ready to go sing karaoke! But first, I'm going to have a beverage...

*digs around in quantum fridge and finds a bottle of Theakston's Old Peculier* (yes that name's spelled correctly)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
      What's goin' on on this side?
      Woken up... Trying to get motivated for the day :/

*digs through fridge*

nope no motivation in here.
      And is that a science experiment or colslaw?
      [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post

*digs through fridge*

Ah, sorry, wondered where I'd put that. Bioweapons are so expensive nowadays you just have to go organic and raise your own.

It's Armed Forces Day here in the UK, and I just missed the local parade. Very annoyed by this, but I have to wonder - which genius MP decided that the end of June was the ideal time to have service personnel parading and standing to attention for hours on end in thick dress uniforms. Three guys passed out last year, and it wasn't as hot as it is today.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it was Armed Forces Day yesterday, they're just doing the parade today. Can't have cool weather and grey skies for our lads (and ladies)...
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post

*digs through fridge*

You can have mine. I have to be Dr. Nick for the Simpsons to everyone I meet, no matter how evil they are and no matter how few fingers I can feel.

I'll trade you for sleep. I'm really starting to envy the wraith right now. I'd love to hibernate and I'm sure San Francisco wouldn't miss a few people...

Also, 10% of 'food' found in a fridge, even a quantum one, is biochemical warfare material. 30% if it's my parents' fridge.
          Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
            Ah, sorry, wondered where I'd put that. Bioweapons are so expensive nowadays you just have to go organic and raise your own.
            Why the fridge is it "100% Fat Free" though?

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
            I'll trade you for sleep. I'm really starting to envy the wraith right now. I'd love to hibernate and I'm sure San Francisco wouldn't miss a few people..
            Good night sleep is easy. But lame.
            -Go to bed early. (bah!)
            -Drink a nice hot drink (non alcoholic? no caffinee? Bah!)
            -Sit back, relax, try and have some 'quiet time'. Maybe write down your worries, or plan what you could do tomorrow (Cleaning!?! Oh joy!)
            -And come to the understanding that it can all be done tomorrow AFTER a good nights sleep
            -Read that book you've been avoiding/stopped for so long (egh! But its so bor-) ESPECIALLY if its boring!! (oh.)
            -Don't set your alarm clock if you don't have too, and let yourself wake up natuarally. (If possible)
            -Oh, and closing your eyes usually helps!
            [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

there is also nothing wrong with chamomile tea or even OTC sleeping aids. I'll take benadryl pills if I can't sleep.

sometimes, if insomnia goes on too long, your body can be programmed to stay awake. I had insomnia bad once and a friend suggested that i drug myself to sleep for a week or so, then stop...and it worked.

the nice thing with benadryl - and i only take the half dose - it just allows your brain to shut down and turn off. you can still wake up if you need to (it's not like narcotics)
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It's Armed Forces Day here in the UK, and I just missed the local parade. Very annoyed by this, but I have to wonder - which genius MP decided that the end of June was the ideal time to have service personnel parading and standing to attention for hours on end in thick dress uniforms. Three guys passed out last year, and it wasn't as hot as it is today.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it was Armed Forces Day yesterday, they're just doing the parade today. Can't have cool weather and grey skies for our lads (and ladies)...
                Thank you! Wait. That wasn't a compliment.

I didn't know I had this kind of power in the UK.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                there is also nothing wrong with chamomile tea or even OTC sleeping aids. I'll take benadryl pills if I can't sleep.

sometimes, if insomnia goes on too long, your body can be programmed to stay awake. I had insomnia bad once and a friend suggested that i drug myself to sleep for a week or so, then stop...and it worked.

the nice thing with benadryl - and i only take the half dose - it just allows your brain to shut down and turn off. you can still wake up if you need to (it's not like narcotics)
                Absolutely. That's what I do. If I'm not sleeping for several nights in a row, I take one Tylenol PM to break the cycle.
                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

it's like hitting 'control/alt/delete' for your serotonin.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                    Thank you! Wait. That wasn't a compliment.

I didn't know I had this kind of power in the UK.
                    Might I suggest a 'tax breaks and automatic employment for Stargate fans' initiative?
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Melatonin pills can help with sleep. So does benadryl, as has been noted. Passionflower and valerian also help, and chamomile (again, already noted). Hops, too. A dab or spritz of lavender essential oil on the pillowcase can also be helpful, as the aroma of lavender has been shown to be calming and even soporific.

Alternatively, if I've really been having trouble, on occasion I just force myself to stay up for an entire day/night cycle, essentially skipping a night's sleep and then going to bed at a reasonable time the following night, when I'm utterly exhausted. That can break the insomnia cycle for me sometimes.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                        *Peeks into thread. Taking a break from a research session*

I think I've got a lot on my plate.
                        Researching for a fic inspired by the programme I saw on Egypt's lost cities...
                        A planned re-write of a fic I started a few years ago...
                        And research for a fic based in the Battletech universe...
                        *Sticks head in door*

Did someone say Battletech??
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Welcome to the party!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                            Welcome to the party!
                            Thanks
                            I don't write myself, but I have been told I should by many people considering how much I tend to read.
                            I have had a few idea's rattling around my skull for awhile but can never seem to make that first step.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Might I suggest a 'tax breaks and automatic employment for Stargate fans' initiative?
                              I shall do my best. *thinks hard* Has it worked yet?

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              *Sticks head in door*

Did someone say Battletech??
                              Welcome to the fun!
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Thanks
                                I don't write myself, but I have been told I should by many people considering how much I tend to read.
                                I have had a few idea's rattling around my skull for awhile but can never seem to make that first step.
                                Give it a shot. The first step is to simply sit down, open a blank document, and then start putting in whatever comes to mind. Eventually, you'll find the story or at least the story idea flowing out of you, and you'll wonder why you didn't try this sooner. We've all been at that same point, just before beginning. It's a lot like the split second just before you decide to jump into the pool.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X