• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Hey, it could be a Sith academy
    That is what I am afraid of.....

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

So, I can't figure out a good place to post this, and it's not worth creating its own thread---

At Disneyland last Tuesday, I rode the elevator in the Grand Californian with Lou Diamond Phillips.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        So, I can't figure out a good place to post this, and it's not worth creating its own thread---

At Disneyland last Tuesday, I rode the elevator in the Grand Californian with Lou Diamond Phillips.

Seaboe
        Wha ? He's the one guy that plays that one guy on SGU right ? the bad guy ? you know ,the double agent guy ? or is he Young ? *never could get them straight*

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          Seaboe
          The Watercooler is the perfect place for sharing such tidbits!

Congrats.

I've always thought he was handsome...like a few other actors I could name, age has only enhanced that.
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
            Wha ? He's the one guy that plays that one guy on SGU right ?
            He played Telford.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

If we're sharing little tid-bits...

I used to go to the same school as Eric Idle from the Monty Python team.
              But not at the same time.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

He went to a rather large uni as I recall...

Which school are you speaking of, and how many years apart were you? I mean, my mother went to the same high school as George C. Scott, but we're talking a high school with over 4,000 students. She didn't find out he was there until I was in high school myself.

Seaboe

Comment

Hi all,
                  I was speaking of The Royal Wolverhampton School. And I was there in the 1980's. So about 20 years apart.

Comment

Waited on Rob Thomas once. I was not impressed. Not positively, anyway.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Oh, and hubby went to school with Dwayne Johnson (aka: The Rock). And the Van Der Beek family lived in my "home" town (the one where I graduated high school); Dad saw James (of Dawson's Creek) every day at lunch (Dad was the cafeteria manager). Said he was a nice kid.
                      Last edited by Whytewytch; 18 December 2012, 12:25 PM. Reason: forgot to say who "he" was. :D
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Here's something for you all to ponder and think on.
                        I was asked today 'What is the best Christmas present you've received?'

I had to think about this as I have received some great gifts over the years. But my answer was... My youngest sister, as she was born a few days before Christmas.

Comment

I have no answer for your question - we've never done the whole christmas gift giving thing.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post

I had to think about this as I have received some great gifts over the years. But my answer was... My youngest sister, as she was born a few days before Christmas.
                            I have a similar answer, in this case the best gift ever was a little black and white ball of fluff I named Princess Awinita, after she died I kept her name in my memory by using it here on Gateworld and elsewhere, got her two days before christmas in 2007, though she died two years and four days later. She was so much fun

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                              I know this sounds really dorky, but the best Christmas present was when my parents framed my signed photograph of Amanda Tapping. I mean, I asked for it and everything, but I didn't think they'd really take it seriously, but when I got it, I saw that my mother had chosen all the background colors to match what she was wearing in the photograph, and it's got special "museum" glass so that it almost looks like its just the photograph by itself.

It's hanging up on my wall now as inspiration in my quest to find a career that makes my vocation a vacation. And it's one of those rare moments where my mom didn't poke fun at my fangirliness. She acknowledged that it was important to me, and made it really special. I've gotten good presents before, but this is the only one I can say will follow me the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                The Watercooler is the perfect place for sharing such tidbits!
                                Hmmm. Okay. Mind you, I've had a considerable number of years in which to have all these things take place...

The band called the 10,000 Maniacs were from my hometown, and at one time played at local bars where I was able to see them for $2 at the door. Natalie Merchant's brother Chris was a college classmate of mine, and her stepfather was my journalism professor.

Lucille Ball was also from my hometown, and my grandfather knew her when they were kids.

Also from my hometown: Brad Anderson (creator of the comic strip "Marmaduke"), actor Greg Mullavey, and comedienne Laura Kightlinger. Laura and I went to school together from kindergarten through 7th grade, and I used to braid her hair occasionally during filmstrip time in the school library. (Does anyone here even remember the existence of filmstrips?)

I have shared a stage with Canadian singer-songwriter Rik Emmett (formerly of the prog-rock trio Triumph) -- he let me sing backup for him on one song in an intimate, small-venue show here in Cleveland. I've also talked lyric-writing with him. Nice guy.

I once shook hands with James Doohan (Star Trek's "Scotty"), and talked scifi writing at length with Walter Koenig ("Chekov") who very kindly offered to beta the novel I was working on at the time. I was an eighteen-year-old college freshman, and he was very encouraging.

I've met chef Michael Symon, comedians Dom Irrera and Pauly Shore (a friend of mine used to be the latter's road manager; I've driven around downtown Cleveland in the middle of the night with Pauly being completely insane in the back seat of my car), and musician Eddie Money (with whom I again talked songwriting).

More recently, about a year ago I ran into Congressman Dennis Kucinich (most of the Americans here will likely know who I mean) in the grocery store. Not terribly surprising, given that I live in his district and about a stone's throw from his office. Decent guy; very friendly.
                                Last edited by SF_and_Coffee; 19 December 2012, 09:15 AM. Reason: Context

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                                sigpic
                                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Working...
                                X