No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pleased to report that the mention of cinnamon rolls did NOT incite cravings on my part. Wow, the dietary change I made around this time last year seems to have really taken hold. 80% of the time I don't even want stuff that's bad for me now.

In other news... Word count? Yeah, not so much lately. I think I need a couple of 36-hour days. Where are the Doctor and the Tardis when I need them?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

RL has got in the way of my various on going writing projects.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
        I am pleased to report that the mention of cinnamon rolls did NOT incite cravings on my part. Wow, the dietary change I made around this time last year seems to have really taken hold. 80% of the time I don't even want stuff that's bad for me now.

In other news... Word count? Yeah, not so much lately. I think I need a couple of 36-hour days. Where are the Doctor and the Tardis when I need them?
        I am pleased to report that I not only fought off the cravings, but I actually LOST weight while visiting with my folks (whose house makes the one in Hansel & Gretel look lame).

I, too, could use those 36 hour days. Or less to do.

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
        RL has got in the way of my various on going writing projects.
        Don't you just hate when that happens? I got behind in my NaNo writing yesterday because I was so busy with RL stuff involved with getting ready to leave my parents' house. Today, getting back into the swing of things at home and getting caught up on work and mom/wife stuff is making the idea of writing seem like just that--an idea.
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

RL is a bit of a pain at the moment. I seem to be spending a lot of time at work...
          Which in turn means I'm getting ear ache from my neices... As they don't see me as often as I want to see them.

Writing... writing... Oh how I wish I could get back to my writing.
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I said "screw the laundry!" (and the job, mostly). Wrote a total of 3352 words today.
            sigpic
            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
              I said "screw the laundry!" (and the job, mostly). Wrote a total of 3352 words today.
              *keep it PG, keep it PG*

*waves*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Isn't that PG-13? A screw is a little piece of metal, used to hang the laundry and the job from the wall until I'm ready to take them down.
                sigpic

Comment

Isn't that PG-13? A screw is a little piece of metal, used to hang the laundry and the job from the wall until I'm ready to take them down.
                  No I was thinking something completely NC17..... Don't ask

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

*confetti*

huzzah and congrats.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                      No I was thinking something completely NC17..... Don't ask
                      Princess has been reading too much 50 shades...........
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                        *confetti*

huzzah and congrats.
                        THANK YOU for noticing the important part! Might not be much by some people's standards, but for me, with my life, it was a lot.

Were you at the chat, Sara?

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        Princess has been reading too much 50 shades...........
                        That would more explain thoughts of wanting to tear your eyes out with a spoon or to go to therapy for showing poor judgement. Poorly written erotica is still poorly written. It makes me weep that she not only had such success with that tripe, but that she actually wrote--and got published--two more! I love erotica. I hate poorly written anything. **looks around furtively as she steps down from soap-box**
                        sigpic

Comment

That would more explain thoughts of wanting to tear your eyes out with a spoon or to go to therapy for showing poor judgement. Poorly written erotica is still poorly written. It makes me weep that she not only had such success with that tripe, but that she actually wrote--and got published--two more! I love erotica. I hate poorly written anything. **looks around furtively as she steps down from soap-box**
                          I've only just stumbled upon this thread and either at the best or worst time - I totally can't stand that book and my friends/family are probably bored to tears with my rant about it too!

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                            I've only just stumbled upon this thread and either at the best or worst time - I totally can't stand that book and my friends/family are probably bored to tears with my rant about it too!
                            Welcome, Kate! Pull up a little paper cup and help yourself if there are any cinnamon buns left.

The problem I have with the book is not that it is erotica. I write erotica. I've read good erotica (Anne Roquelaure, Elle Saint James). Therein lies the problem. Well, that and the fact that I am one of a dying breed that still considers little niggly things like spelling and grammar to be important in a published work, along with plot, research, believable characters that we care about... Whoops! Who put that soap box back there? **glares around the water cooler, looking for the culprit**
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh I'm with you. Not that I write erotica, but I don't have a problem with it - like you said it's simply badly written. You may have seen this review already, but if you haven't, check it out - made my stomach hurt from laughing so much...

Maybe a cinnamon bun will help

Comment

Oh my... (joke intended). I think I wet myself. I had never read those reviews. I should have been writing, but I just couldn't stop--the gifs truly punctuate the sarcasm perfectly.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X