Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Not a fan of fic awards... *shrug*
    I often find the nominees list handy for some good fics that I've never come across before because it wasn't posted on one of the sites I regularly check or some other reason. Plus, I think it's a nice way for readers to show they appreciate all the time and effort some people put into their work.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'll be checking out the 2011 nod list on the Gatefic site soon.

But for now I'm going to crawl into a hole and cry for a bit. No more Sanctuary...

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
        I think of Xanadu.

Me, too. And I had a chick crush on ONJ--wanted to be her. **blushes with Starfist**
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
          But for now I'm going to crawl into a hole and cry for a bit. No more Sanctuary...
          It was looking that way when no news was being sent out in the world... so I'm not that surprised to say the least. However, I am saddened nonetheless. I really enjoyed watching that show.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

No more Sanctuary...

These things are sent to try us...!
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

US viewing habits are sent to try us
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                No more Sanctuary...

These things are sent to try us...!
                This only shows us two things, two things that are good and bad

Good because this shows up just what kind oif morons run the TV stations that they axe really good shows, and bad because they axe really good shows, Now, I'm not much of a AT fan, but I must admit, Sanctuary was pretty good.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                  This only shows us two things, two things that are good and bad

Good because this shows up just what kind oif morons run the TV stations that they axe really good shows, and bad because they axe really good shows, Now, I'm not much of a AT fan, but I must admit, Sanctuary was pretty good.
                  Nope, says nothing about the morons running the stations, has alot to say about the morons watching it.
                  The morons in charge program what sells, the morons watching determine what sells. I know US audiences hate hearing that, but it is true. You (the US) tend to watch "reality junk" live, thereby pushing up its numbers, and DVR quality shows to watch later. Problem is, DVR pretty much means squat. Syfy TOLD the M.A.D. crew thier L+7 numbers were awesome, yet they make nothing for syfy, same as SGU. Did the "fans" listen............. NO.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Nope, says nothing about the morons running the stations, has alot to say about the morons watching it.
                    The morons in charge program what sells, the morons watching determine what sells. I know US audiences hate hearing that, but it is true. You (the US) tend to watch "reality junk" live, thereby pushing up its numbers, and DVR quality shows to watch later. Problem is, DVR pretty much means squat. Syfy TOLD the M.A.D. crew thier L+7 numbers were awesome, yet they make nothing for syfy, same as SGU. Did the "fans" listen............. NO.
                    The reality junk is what generally gets aired at times convenient for viewers, probably. I personally gave up watching most television a few years ago, with the occasional exception for documentaries or travelogues that happen to catch my interest in the rare moment when I can't find anything else to do or when I walk through the room and notice my roommate watching something intriguing, so I can't really speak to the scheduling issue other than to speculate. I hate the "reality" genre with a blinding passion, and have a hectic enough schedule that the only way I could really manage to watch quality programming would be on DVR, Hulu or Netflix unless I wanted to give up most of the other activities in my life in order to watch every week at airtime, and I'm not willing to do that. As much as I love good scifi, I derive even more enjoyment from time spent on truly interactive things I can get out of the house and do.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I have to admit it. I'm not a big fan of reality shows. But I do watch the shows I like and make time to do things that don't inculde sitting front of a monitor or Television. :: Makes mental note to start buliding the model of a Viper MkII bought a few months ago ::

Comment

Most of the time if I actually like a show, it winds up being aired on a night when I need to be someplace other than home in front of a television. Between historical re-creation, musical and/or theatrical activities and volunteer work, what downtime I get to spend at home often gets scrunched up into odd hours -- and some of those obviously are devoted to writing. (And next year I get to add school back into the mix! )

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                          Most of the time if I actually like a show, it winds up being aired on a night when I need to be someplace other than home in front of a television. Between historical re-creation, musical and/or theatrical activities and volunteer work, what downtime I get to spend at home often gets scrunched up into odd hours -- and some of those obviously are devoted to writing. (And next year I get to add school back into the mix! )
                          Say bye bye to online/free life...
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            only one problem there I am not US I am Asia

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                              only one problem there I am not US I am Asia
                              Well then we are both in the same boat then Princess
                              sigpic

Comment

If we are talking about free time I often say to some of my friends... "What's a Weekend?"

I am often told off by my neices because they don't see me as often as they would like to see me. To quote Priye the youngest, "Uncle Michael you work too much!"
                                But I do try to make some time for myself. If I don't I'm sure I'll go crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X