No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used my cat for inspiration on a school assignment once - storyboarding class. But that's it I think...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm sure your cat was suitably impressed.
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
        I'm sure your cat was suitably impressed.
        Can't say... ...hard to say what she really thinks.

Comment

Perhaps, but we can imagine.

Comment

Perhaps, but we can imagine.
            I sometimes, just sometimes wish though I could read her mind and see what goes on in there... although on second thought...

Comment

Cat thoughts. You're right, they are more difficult to read. Dogs are easier; you can see what they are thinking written on their furry faces!

Comment

Cat thoughts. You're right, they are more difficult to read. Dogs are easier; you can see what they are thinking written on their furry faces!
                Cats are simpler thandogs, the reason is thus, they think the following thought mostly when you're trying otplay with her "Feed me or I'll claw your eyes out"

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Yes, true... feed me is a definite winner.

Hence why the story I wrote is about a cat who tries to catch a spider, however the piece is aptly named The One Where The Spider Got Away.

Comment

I can usually tell what my cats are thinking... and most of the time it has nothing to do with food, except for the eldest one.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Ah well, there you go.

Comment

My mother used to breed Siamese cats. We had a Seal point female who had a word for food. Her call sounded like 'NeeYang' but when there was Lamb in the oven it was 'NeeeYaanngg'. And she always used to look up at me with hope in her eyes.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Now, new question;

When you have a military type character who's been out of it for some time but knows when to take up arms and what to do to survive in a battlefield even if it is just their own home or similar. Known as Going Full Circle. How do you write it ? Do you write it in a set way that affects your character the most ? Do you write it so the readers seem to take part in the scene as well ? How real do you make it ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            Now, new question;

When you have a military type character who's been out of it for some time but knows when to take up arms and what to do to survive in a battlefield even if it is just their own home or similar. Known as Going Full Circle. How do you write it ? Do you write it in a set way that affects your character the most ? Do you write it so the readers seem to take part in the scene as well ? How real do you make it ?
                            I think all these things depend on *you*
                            Affecting your character the most would set an effective "hook", Getting the reader involved in the action creates connections. As for "realism", that depends on your target audience I would think.............
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Was that a bit "short"??
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I didn't understand the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X