X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeee-Haaaw, MP!
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
      It is a day of celebration.

For the first time in months, I actually finished a story. Many have been started, but this one actually got finished.

It's not a long story, and I don't think it's a particularly good story, but it is a complete story.
      Congrats mp! I know that completing a story can have a big sense of accomplishment. I have a lot of impetus to complete my current fanfic as this is my first foray into fiction writing in about 13 years.

I hope you have a link when you're ready.

Edit: 11 hours of writing today and I'm now physically and mentally unable to continue.
      Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 24 October 2011, 11:14 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Way to Go MP...!
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

A belated hello to Cold Fuzz and congrats to MP!
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Thank you all so much.

The story is for another forum's Halloween challenge, and I'm not sure I will enter it. I shall mull it over for a few more days and see if I can improve it.

I've started many stories lately but not completed them. I'm trying to get my mojo back!
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

wow cold fuzz i wish i could write for 11 hours straight i'd be able to finish a story
              sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
                wow cold fuzz i wish i could write for 11 hours straight i'd be able to finish a story
                I did that once. I nearly passed out afterwards.
                Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I almost passed out reading this. LOL. I wish I had 11 straight, uninterrupted hours to write *jealous*
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

haha even if i went on vacation i wouldnt have that much time
                    sigpic

Comment

I've had a few occasions when I could write for that long uninterrupted. They're few and far between nowadays, though.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                      sigpic
                      now also appearing on DeviantArt
                      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Earlier this month, I had a lot of work days but in this part of the month, I had more downtime coming. When I saw that I had 4 straight days of downtime coming, starting on Sunday, I told myself that I wouldn't let anything disrupt that block of time for writing. I'm glad I've held to it too as I got a lot work done.

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                        I did that once. I nearly passed out afterwards.
                        I had no problem getting to sleep last night. I think I fell asleep literally within 10 minutes of going to bed because I was so mentally tired.

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                        I almost passed out reading this. LOL. I wish I had 11 straight, uninterrupted hours to write *jealous*
                        My work life runs on a very strict schedule so when there's free time, any kind of free time, I try to make good use of it for the writing. After the story is finished, which will likely be in another 4-5 weeks, I'm taking a break from writing a little bit.

haha even if i went on vacation i wouldnt have that much time
                        If I were on vacation for an extended period of time, I'd very likely use almost all that time to finish the story. As it stands, I have to divide my time between so many things, I'm just heartily thankful that I have any free time whatsoever right now.

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                        I've had a few occasions when I could write for that long uninterrupted. They're few and far between nowadays, though.
                        I'm definitely not going full tilt like that again tonight. I'd been writing for about 3 hours then went on a dinner break, took a shower, and then listened to some music to re-inspire and recharge me. Hopefully I'll be competing the final two scenes tonight.
                        sigpic

Comment

hey cold do you have any links to your stories? i'd love to read them and see how someone who has been writing or so long does it, i just basically started and only have 4 stories out there
                          sigpic

Comment

hey cold do you have any links to your stories? i'd love to read them and see how someone who has been writing or so long does it, i just basically started and only have 4 stories out there
                            This is a link to the two chapters I've posted so far. If you've seen Doctor Who, series 5 and 6, the story will make a lot of sense. If you haven't though, you might get lost in the plot. It takes place after series 6's "The Wedding of River Song."

A lot of it is how the radio traffic I deal with at work really sounds. As for the dialogue between the characters, I use a technique that Stephen King uses in his own writing. He writes all of the dialogue out first, pseudo screenplay style. He then constructs the prose around the dialogue. The writing process is lengthened considerably using this technique but, in my opinion, the final product will be big on the realism because of the dialogue choices.
                            sigpic

Comment

thanks cold. if you could would you read my stories and comment on them. i know i need to add more emotion and drama as well as some grammar errors but any help would be appreciated
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, NANOWRIMO is right around the corner for me. However my muse is currently focused {thank goodness!} On working on a story I have currently in progress. Hopefully I'll have this chapter {chapter six of Project Icegate, Project One, titled Respecting One's Elders} finished and up by tonight. I hope

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X