No announcement yet.

Stargate/ Babylon 5 Crossover: The Addition Into The Circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not even part of space battles, there are some I have noticd however not from gateworld, that actually like the story, so I suiggest counting the n8umber of peopel that say, they like it, then count how many that don;t like it, and see how even it comes up.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

4 like

6 dislike

I counted. I think I am just going to not use the boards any longer.
      sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

i think the fic is good you have not done a bad one yet

Comment

Originally posted by guppy338 View Post
          i think the fic is good you have not done a bad one yet
          certainly isn't enjoyable on space battles, where they troll and nitpick every single last thing. The geeks there even say stuff the Ancients had infinite energy tech, that modern warfare tactics are useless in competent SG used teched. That is fracking BS. Modern Warfare tactics is what SG-1 to kick so much ***.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
            certainly isn't enjoyable on space battles, where they troll and nitpick every single last thing. The geeks there even say stuff the Ancients had infinite energy tech, that modern warfare tactics are useless in competent SG used teched. That is fracking BS. Modern Warfare tactics is what SG-1 to kick so much ***.
            Dude, Horizon is a GIGATON level weapon. Who needs tactics if you can liquify an entire continent? And remember, the Asgard beams are supposed to be EVEN STRONGER since they can get through the almighty shields

It's like Fry said in Futurama Season six when Leela says his comic sucks. "I"m sick and tired of being criticized by nitpicky nerds! I'm taking this to.. A COMIC BOOK CONVENTION!"

Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
            Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
              Dude, Horizon is a GIGATON level weapon. Who needs tactics if you can liquify an entire continent? And remember, the Asgard beams are supposed to be EVEN STRONGER since they can get through the almighty shields
              It only destroyed the building fleet, and barely damaged the Asurans themselves, since obviously they rebuilt a fleet in short order and the SG team had to go back and destroy them. That does not discard the need for tactics.

And what if your goal is pacification? Quelling an armed rebellion? I doubt the good races or the Tau'ri would ever do such a thing as drastic as utter destruction of all life on a planet, including civilians.

What if your goal is the capture of an enemy city, rather than obliteration?

What if the planet is strategically viable?

This is where dues ex machina fall out of the picture and we fall into good old dependable tactics. Anyone who thinks all problems can be overcome with tech needs to stop watching Star Trek and read more Sun Tzu. As much as I love Star Trek, it falls into wall banger territory when it comes to tactics. I love TOS, hate TNG and VOY, liked DS9, and avoided ENT.
              sigpic

Comment

OMFG, wow. Check this **** out.

Originally Posted by hyzmarca View Post
                The Ancients did laugh off the Wraith in the war. They stopped fighting because they got bored. It is explicitly sated that the Ancients could have won every single battle indefinitely if they wanted to but they felt that it wasn't worth the effort. At the time losing an entire galaxy just wasn't a big deal to them.
                NO! THE ANCIENTS LOST!

They didn't get bored and fled back to Earth with a few hundred or a few thousand people when they once had a galactic population. They got utterly destroyed! Unless you want to say their entire population was only a few thousand to start with, which is utterly stupid!

Their last ships were destroyed over Lantea, their population was utterly decimated down to 99.99%, they lost their ability to make more ships in sufficient numbers to fight the war against the Wraith. They failed to protect the human populations. They failed in all the objectives of war. They could not rebuild their civilization back on Earth. They were low on morale and their spirit was broken. The Wraith achieved the ultimate victory over the Ancients, since the remaining Ancients ascended, and won't do anything to fight or destroy them, essentially making them bystanders that lost the soccer game!
                sigpic

Comment

not only that they lost by stupidity they send one or 2 ship against entire fleets and got destroyed when they should have held a perimeter and let the wrath starve and kill each other

Comment

I personally like your story in and of itself, and hope that you would continue.

That being said, while some of the sb members can get heated, I've generally found most of them to be rather reasonable.

I don't enjoy seeing you Amann using this website to troll with your own personal soapbox. Sometimes people will give negative critisism, and if you are so pathetic that you would attack another website just because they don't bow to every whim, then that says more about your own character than anything.

I will still read and enjoy your story, but you sir strike me as quite a hypocrite

Comment

Originally posted by SG-4MarineLeader View Post
                      I personally like your story in and of itself, and hope that you would continue.

That being said, while some of the sb members can get heated, I've generally found most of them to be rather reasonable.

I don't enjoy seeing you Amann using this website to troll with your own personal soapbox. Sometimes people will give negative critisism, and if you are so pathetic that you would attack another website just because they don't bow to every whim, then that says more about your own character than anything.

I will still read and enjoy your story, but you sir strike me as quite a hypocrite
                      My answer will be in your pm box.
                      sigpic

Comment

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5779872/...nto_The_Circle

Finally got done with the chapter. It took me a while, school was busy and all, and I was doing some revisions to Golden Dawn. But I hope the chapter was adequete. I probably rushed it though......let me know what you think
                        sigpic

Comment

So happy I got some fan fic plz let it continue

Comment

I hope that the first glimpses of Amann's building fleet was a good teaser
                            sigpic

Comment

I think Amann went at it the wrong way, he is building his Angellan fleet directly, which seems to me to be an error in judgement. One should start with smaller ships, besides it all goes far to easy for Amann

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

I guess the counter argument is that he's an Ancient named Amann...

*shifty eyes*
                                Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                                Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Working...
                                X