No announcement yet.

Some Corner of a Foreign Field (SGA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read it last night. Excellent as usual. Great information management really; feeding us by the teaspoon.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Wow, I just read all the posted chapters of this story, and all I can say is...WOW. I really hate the IOA now hahaha. Not like I didn't before, but still... Very good story though, your writing is excellent. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Comment

Some news: I'm working on a timeline for the chapters in case anyone's confused about the dates in the story and would like an overview of sorts. Should turn up in one of the posts here on the forum, so stay tuned.

Originally posted by Burns View Post
        I missed this story(soon to be epic) glad to see you are back( well it's not like you where gone that long, cause the chapters are so long). The best thing I can say about this soon to be epic is, I never had to reread it when a new chapter came out, too remember what it/is about, not that I don't reread it, cause it is so good, cause I do, maybe that is why I like and remember this story so well, when ever a a new chapter comes out I reread it, because the writing and the plot is so good.
        I love the word "epic". Got a nice ring to it. It might get to my head. I always try to make the continuity as fluent as possible - both for my sake and you the readers - so it's nice to get some feedback on it. The chapters just keep getting longer and packed with information, so even I get lost in the details sometimes and have to reread stuff, especially about the progress of both Sam&John's relationship and the issues with the IOA...

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        Read it last night. Excellent as usual. Great information management really; feeding us by the teaspoon.
        Beware, you'll get a tablespoon soon. Or two. Maybe even a whole plate! You might complain afterward.

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
        Wow, I just read all the posted chapters of this story, and all I can say is...WOW. I really hate the IOA now hahaha. Not like I didn't before, but still... Very good story though, your writing is excellent. Can't wait to see what happens next!
        Thanks and welcome! All stories need to have a bad guy, right? Both out in the galaxy and back home, that's the good ol' Stargate receipe. Add to that good doses of action, adventure and a sprinkling of friendship and romance. Could be SCoaFF in a nutshell. So far.
        "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
        Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by neela View Post
          Thanks and welcome! All stories need to have a bad guy, right? Both out in the galaxy and back home, that's the good ol' Stargate receipe. Add to that good doses of action, adventure and a sprinkling of friendship and romance. Could be SCoaFF in a nutshell. So far.
          Well it's a recipe for success if you ask me.

Comment

For those who'd like to follow the timeline of Some Corner of a Foreign Field, I've made this nice little overview with links and all on a site called Dipity. I've also included the dates of the future chapters, but other than that there shouldn't be any spoilers. So to all those confused about "Day 123 and so forth", or those who are merely curious, check it out.

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
            Well it's a recipe for success if you ask me.
            Thanks.
            "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."

Comment

The site won't open for me...
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

The site won't open for me...
                No?

*insert stereotypical technical advisor* Did you try to restart your computer? *end stereotype*

Hmm, it's an open domain and not password-protected, so it should in theory work fine... I've got others that've managed to open it. Could it be your browser? Internet connection? Perhaps there's someone much more able in technical advice out there? I'm not exactly a tech genius.

If you want, I could send off just a text overview of the timeline. Just let me know.

Comment

Looks like I've been having some weird internet disruptions last night.

And wow at the energy you've put into that thing!

Comment

Chapter 16 is up! Finally, if I say so myself.

Link is here.

Blurb: When one of the people under her command is seriously injured on an off-world mission with the Genii, Sam must risk exposure to make sure he’ll survive.

Comment

Thanks neela!! I have been looking forward to reading more of this story. I can't wait to see where this is going. Keep up the good work!!

Comment

Dreadfully sorry i never got back to you Neela on a true beta. Holiday Season has me completely wrapped up and you know more about what's going on for me right now. I'm lucky to even get time for my own fics recently sadly.

I love how the story is evolving now, a great pacing to the plot with solid characters Can't wait till your next update
                        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                          Thanks neela!! I have been looking forward to reading more of this story. I can't wait to see where this is going. Keep up the good work!!
                          I'll try, of course. I've planned out much of the future chapters, seeing as the story's built up carefully to this point, so I hope to have the chapters out quicker than before. Can't guarantee for RL, though. But I hope at least the direction of the story from chapter 16 on will excite and perhaps surprise you.

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                          Dreadfully sorry i never got back to you Neela on a true beta. Holiday Season has me completely wrapped up and you know more about what's going on for me right now. I'm lucky to even get time for my own fics recently sadly.

I love how the story is evolving now, a great pacing to the plot with solid characters Can't wait till your next update
                          I know, mate. No worries. I've got some of your advice in mind as I'm working on the next chapter, and I might shoot you an e-mail about it one of these days. Might also be some questions about scientific plausibility in there.

Comment

Nice new chapter

Spoiler:
                            I didn't entirely understand what that "Wraith beast" was, though, and what the Genii interest was in capturing it. Somehow I don't see much benefit for the Wraith to breed such a thing, or for the Genii to see it as being of any importance to the war...

Comment

An update of sorts: I'm still here! Chapter 17 is currently in progress, and I hope to have it out soon. There's probably a lot of things I could say as to why updates have been so scarce lately, and why they might keep that way in the future, but I won't get into that. All I can say is that I'm staying true to my promise: this story will get closure.

That said, there are two new cover arts for chapter 15 and 16 in the first post for anyone who's interested, and the timeline has also been updated.

Nice new chapter

Spoiler:
                              I didn't entirely understand what that "Wraith beast" was, though, and what the Genii interest was in capturing it. Somehow I don't see much benefit for the Wraith to breed such a thing, or for the Genii to see it as being of any importance to the war...
                              Spoiler:
                              In my mind, the "Wraith beast" as it's so aptly called, came from an inspiration that there was the "Wraith bug" and there are the Wraiths themselves in canon, but we never got to see anything else related to them. So I came up with the Wraith beast, as a part of the evolutionary ladder. I asked myself: if humans can have hunting dogs, could not the Wraith have something similar, either by their own accord or by chance of nature?

I'll go a bit into it in chapter 17 as to why the Genii were interested in the beast, but it all comes down to knowing what makes your enemy tick and find a way to defend yourself against it. They held Todd captive for a while, but did that help them any? Not that we know of, and I've taken that into account. The Genii want to find some way to defend themselves, both weaponswise and biologically, and they thought that one of those beasts would help them in that respect. Does that clear it up a little?

Comment

Expect chapter 17 to mysterious appear by way of the Easter bunny this weekend... In the meantime, enjoy the newest chapter cover and blurb in the first post.

Comment

Working...
                                X