No announcement yet.

Some Corner of a Foreign Field (SGA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Chapter 14 is currently in the making! I'm about 40-50 % in, and it's progressing well. There's gonna be some action, so I'm probably gonna take time to make sure it's done properly.

In the meantime: Check out this movie-style poster for SCoaFF!
    Spoiler:
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
    Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Comment

Damn. Where do I buy tickets to the premiere?
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        Damn. Where do I buy tickets to the premiere?
        Available to you soon at a Fanfic Cinema near you!
        "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."

Comment

Chapter 14's currently being betaed. Just waiting on that before I post. In the meantime, I've uploaded a new chapter banner and blurb in the first post. Check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by neela View Post
            Chapter 14's currently being betaed. Just waiting on that before I post. In the meantime, I've uploaded a new chapter banner and blurb in the first post. Check it out!
            Depending on what you take from my comments, you may want to change a few things. Should have it for you today
            Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
            Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
              Depending on what you take from my comments, you may want to change a few things.
              Sure, just send it over and I'll have a looksie.

Comment

Argh, really need to get on that. Will have it tonight, promise
                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

New chapter! Please enjoy and let me know what you think.

Chapter 14: "Let's hit the deck." Newest!
                  Spoiler:
                  The Wraith superhive has been silent...until it attacked the Coalition. Now the Coalition seeks revenge and help from Atlantis, but who will come to their aid?

Comment

Very impressive. You sure can write a mean fight scene... for a girl

I had a few minor issues with this part; some of them may be caused by the fact that I was rather sleep-deprived while reading.

Spoiler:

1) I didn't quite feel how the flashback scenes related to the main plot, to be honest.

2) Hailey firing an M4 while being slung on Ronon's back as he runs was quite funny, but the practical side of it... I have tried hard to picture it, and I think there was a disturbingly high chance of her putting a bullet into Ronon's rear end. Let's hope she had it on single shots, too.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                      Very impressive. You sure can write a mean fight scene... for a girl
                      Helps to be more than generally interested in action/warfare/martial arts/any kind of human combat... And to have a good beta reader.

I had a few minor issues with this part; some of them may be caused by the fact that I was rather sleep-deprived while reading.

Spoiler:

1) I didn't quite feel how the flashback scenes related to the main plot, to be honest.

2) Hailey firing an M4 while being slung on Ronon's back as he runs was quite funny, but the practical side of it... I have tried hard to picture it, and I think there was a disturbingly high chance of her putting a bullet into Ronon's rear end. Let's hope she had it on single shots, too.
                      Spoiler:

1) The flashback scenes are supposed to chronologically follow the last flashbacks (in chapter 13), and show a parallel to the events happening now: primarly how John's dealing with the fact that Sam's been removed from Atlantis once before by the IOA (season 5). It's related to his subplot, which is John starting to play for Sam's side again after she'd lost his trust (in chapter 5).

2) Yeah, the Hailey on Ronon's back scene might be a bit on the far side of plausibility, but I figured she'd at least be able to just keep the Wraith on a distance with some warning shots. For record's sake, let's say she only shot away from Ronon. On single shots.

Comment

Update 25th July 2011:

I've finished the first draft of chapter 15 and sent it off for beta-reading. I've also finished half of chapter 16.

However, due to this weekend's unbelievable and terrible events in Oslo and on Utøya in Norway, I've decided to put "Some Corner of a Foreign Field" on hiatus for the time being. If there's no need for massive rewriting, maybe chapter 15 will be uploaded to ff.net once it's back from beta. Beyond that, I'm not sure when I'll get back on SCoaFF. After this weekend...writing's the last thing on my mind.

Apologies to all those who've expected a new chapter soon. Eventually, I'll finish SCoaFF. I can promise you that. The themes of the story have never hit more close to home for me than now, so there will be closure.

........... (¯`v´¯)
                        ............•.¸.•´
                        .....¸.•´
                        (..

22.07.2011 - We will never forget.
                        23.07.2011. - I will never forget. <3

"If we create human worth, we create peace." - from "Til Ungdommen" by Nordahl Grieg 1936 (Translated)

tumblr_lot8txIv5J1qalcu6o1_500_large.jpg

Comment

I understand your feelings. Maybe more than most; I've lost a friend in a terrorist attack some years ago.

Hang in there.

Comment

Beta reading done, sent it back.

My thoughts are with you Neela, never easy to deal with a circumstance like that.

Comment

NEW!
                              Chapter 15 | "Righting the wrongs"
                              Prompt: a time to sew

Link

There's a time to sew...flesh, blood, bones...and friendships.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and patience. It's been a difficult four weeks, but now it's up to time to do its work. I've been greatly touched by how our society's come together here in Norway - and the rose march in Oslo is the best picture of that. By supporting each other, we'll get through this. One of the sayings that've come out of the July 22nd event, explains this very well: "If one man can show so much hate, think of how much love we can all show together."
                              Last edited by neela; 18 August 2011, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I missed this story(soon to be epic) glad to see you are back( well it's not like you where gone that long, cause the chapters are so long). The best thing I can say about this soon to be epic is, I never had to reread it when a new chapter came out, too remember what it/is about, not that I don't reread it, cause it is so good, cause I do, maybe that is why I like and remember this story so well, when ever a a new chapter comes out I reread it, because the writing and the plot is so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X