No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the hull is made of replicators, and I think Columnar class was designed for the Jaffa.
    http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity000 View Post
      I think the hull is made of replicators, and I think Columnar class was designed for the Jaffa.
      yeah i read it was made of replicators, they would be possible to form the design though.
      and i thought Columnar was for Stevenson/Alterrans and the H'tel for Jaffa.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgified View Post
        yeah i read it was made of replicators, they would be possible to form the design though.
        and i thought Columnar was for Stevenson/Alterrans and the H'tel for Jaffa.
        I think the Columnar will be shared and the H'tel is exclusively Jaffa. Also I got curious and looked up Columnar and it has to do with mucus
        http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

This new ship design of the aschen really intrigues me. I really like the redundancy, reconfigurability, low profiles of individual blocks, multiple capabilities (generator/weapon). I think that Stevenson should get lots of information and use that to help him build a bigger better ship design. Certainly will be needed in the future when the wars with the reptiles begins...

Comment

It was a great chapter. I so loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by jmullins View Post
              This new ship design of the aschen really intrigues me. I really like the redundancy, reconfigurability, low profiles of individual blocks, multiple capabilities (generator/weapon). I think that Stevenson should get lots of information and use that to help him build a bigger better ship design. Certainly will be needed in the future when the wars with the reptiles begins...

Great action in the last chapter.

I agree with the modular configurations of the Aschen ships.

Comment

Quick power question about the Columnar with all that size and fire power does it only use 1 potentia, or is there only one put on the ship now because the primary weapon is not installed yet?

and looking at all the hunger bays that this ship has I can't wait to see what the sopport ships look like and can an Alket fit in one of the bays?

Comment

as i understand it, it doesn't matter how many potentia it has, because potentia supplies as much power as one needs, in columnars case it would only empty faster (comairing to its use on the odessy).
                  ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

is the primary weapon a beam weapon like the lantean defense satellite only bigger and badder.
                    Spoiler:
                    It is a thin cutting beam, pushing a massive amount of energy into a few square meters...this is so the Columnar can attack enemies with shield technology greater than their own. It will point overload their shields and let part of the beam through, causing damage.

Also, the beam duration is around 2.5 seconds...halfway through that green beam a large pulse is released. It travels along the beam and causes a lot of damage on impact, whereas the beam merely cuts through whatever it hits.

So, in theory, against a massive target the primary weapon fires, its beam point overloads the shields causing a minor gap in the coverage, the pulse slips through and WHAM!

It is what you call a first and last strike weapon. Hopefully a one shot kill or at least a massive, disabling wound.

Against a Hive ship the beam should slice right through the hull(no shields to breach, so less effective) then the pulse should tear up enough hull to cripple the Hive ship. One shot and it's down(not exploded, just busted up)...and if you have a fleet of five Columnars with charged weapons you can take out a lot of big targets within the first 30 seconds of a fight.

The Columnar class, when theres a big enough fleet of them and after the jaffa have taken protection of MW on, will they get one or two columnar's to complement their own H'Tel?
                    Also the design of them, as they kind of look like jumpers, will they have the same texture on the hull? I was just wondering if that's what the lines were meant to signify.
                    The Columnar-class warship is an Alterran vessel...and Alterran only. Bra'tac is Alterran, which is why he has access to the ship. The Jaffa will not have Columnars, they will have H'tels, Alkets, and whatever else Bra'tac wants to build...but the Alterra need to keep an edge over their allies just in case anyone in the ranks gets some funny ideas.
                    The Jaffa have access to Ancient technology, but they have to build everything themselves...so while the H'tel may resemble a Ha'tak, it's a very different ship.

The hull of the Columnar is obscured by the replicator block armor, so you never see it. The ridges in the armor will be extra layers of blocks than can 'move' to damaged areas when needed. Also, the blocks move apart when the plasma cannons deploy, so the ridges are where the cannons are located, for the most part, but in the picture they also give some definition to the design...however, as the armor is 'moveable' the outer hull can be configured into any pattern or design. What you see is one of them.

think the Columnar will be shared and the H'tel is exclusively Jaffa. Also I got curious and looked up Columnar and it has to do with mucus
                    Haha...try looking it up in latin, or just take off the 'ar' and that should explain it.

Quick power question about the Columnar with all that size and fire power does it only use 1 potentia, or is there only one put on the ship now because the primary weapon is not installed yet?

and looking at all the hunger bays that this ship has I can't wait to see what the sopport ships look like and can an Alket fit in one of the bays?
                    It is designed to utilize ONE potentia, and has power conduits sufficient to the task. It also has two auxilliary kieron induction power generators that can power the ship in a limited fashion without a potentia.

As for the recharge times...this isn't about available power, it's about converting the power in the potentia to the TYPE needed in the weapon and filling the weapon buffer with the proper charge. Not all energy is the same.

An Alket is smaller than a 304, so yes, they can fit inside.
                    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
                      The Columnar-class warship is an Alterran vessel...and Alterran only. Bra'tac is Alterran, which is why he has access to the ship. The Jaffa will not have Columnars, they will have H'tels, Alkets, and whatever else Bra'tac wants to build...but the Alterra need to keep an edge over their allies just in case anyone in the ranks gets some funny ideas.
                      The Jaffa have access to Ancient technology, but they have to build everything themselves...so while the H'tel may resemble a Ha'tak, it's a very different ship.
                      So if MW is under attack by some big and powerful foe that can do decent damage to a H'tel Bra'tac could run off get a few columnars and be back to win a battle or two?

The hull of the Columnar is obscured by the replicator block armor, so you never see it. The ridges in the armor will be extra layers of blocks than can 'move' to damaged areas when needed. Also, the blocks move apart when the plasma cannons deploy, so the ridges are where the cannons are located, for the most part, but in the picture they also give some definition to the design...however, as the armor is 'moveable' the outer hull can be configured into any pattern or design. What you see is one of them.
                      So if an enemy has a weapon like the primary on a columnar the armour could move to the point where they're hitting to reinforce the ship if they get through the shields.

Haha...try looking it up in latin, or just take off the 'ar' and that should explain it.
                      pillar, because it looks like a giant pillar.

Comment

Aer'ki would steenson just remove the nuke tubes and replace with them with just one drone silo and drone storage.

i rule startegic games

Comment

Was it mentioned somewhere that the alterrans have perfected the weapon that pulled energy from vacuum? If so this ship should be utilizing this source instead. Potentias are more or less old school with this in mind. Sorry if I mixed it up with another fan fic.

Comment

The Alterra will be there to back up the Jaffa and other allies if necessary with the Columnars...but for there being a few lying around...probably not. Eventually they'll all have crews and deployments, but until then, yeah, Bra'tac can grab one if needed.

Yes, the Armor can move if you know where you are going to get hit. Also the shields can be adjusted in the same way.

Was it mentioned somewhere that the alterrans have perfected the weapon that pulled energy from vacuum? If so this ship should be utilizing this source instead. Potentias are more or less old school with this in mind. Sorry if I mixed it up with another fan fic.
                            From my POV, the Lanteans were trying to develop a technology that the Alterra didn't...and failed. So no, you're not thinking of this story.

Aer'ki would steenson just remove the nuke tubes and replace with them with just one drone silo and drone storage.
                            I'm not going there...yet.
                            Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

so what the next ep is going to be about??? i think this is the first time there isn't a teaser in the end of previous ep... ok probably not the 1st, but this is definitely rare...
                              ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                                so what the next ep is going to be about??? i think this is the first time there isn't a teaser in the end of previous ep... ok probably not the 1st, but this is definitely rare...
                                Hopefully stevenson is back.
                                sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X