No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm torn on this one... the first 2 halves were incredibly amusing, what with Sheppard recruiting the old team one by one. I laughed out loud at a few of the interactions, especially Rodney and Jennifer.

The second half, though, was back to the annoyingness of the other battle scene we had. It would still take a few minutes for ships to go from the moon to Earth, and that gave the human fleet and Bra'tac plenty of time to rip them apart with railguns, plasma beams, missiles, etc. While I liked that we weren't able to stop them all, it was frankly pretty stupid that for all the power and accuracy of our starships, we couldn't shoot down this big, unshielded targets.

Still don't like the Bra'tac/System Lord plotline, but the whole "getting the band back together" stuff is great. I just wondered if any of the other men working with Novak sounded the alarm that someone was beaming personnel on and offworld.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Who knows who else Stevenson would have kidnapped.

Comment

I wonder if Weir makes them all into Lanteans (the people they got from Earth)?
        sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
          I wonder if Weir makes them all into Lanteans (the people they got from Earth)?
          i'm sure of it, i even think that she wont wait, at leaSt as long as steve would.
          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

I am beginning to wonder what level of conformity Stevenson will impose on all parties.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
              I am beginning to wonder what level of conformity Stevenson will impose on all parties.
              Well hopefully it will be upto Weir as Stevenson has stated that Weir and Daniel will be in charge of Pegasus/Atlantis/hoth etc

ps I am dying to find out what happens next.

Comment

Rodney and Jennifer are concerned.

Why?

They're not Alteran, the Alteran views don't apply to them, besides Stevenson has used his humanity more than once, so even if Shepard isn't joking I doubt Stevenson would pull the dick move John implied he would.

Also, anyone else get a chapter four update message from FF.net only for the story to not be there?

EDIT: good to see I'm not the only one.

Comment

Yeah it said that chapter 4 is up for about 5 minutes, but I couldn't read it. I guess Aer must have put it up, then decided to take it off for some reason. Hopefully he'll put it back up tonight.

Comment

I can read it...

Comment

Interesting. Hopefully we'll be lucky enough to get a CG rendering of the new class of ship like we did with the Al'ket.

Because right now I'm just picturing a big dark more symmetrical Aurora class design.

Comment

Wow what a chapter now the next one should be even more interesting, we will see
                        Spoiler:
                        The Columnar, what firepower it has, I wonder what Earth will think once that ship drops out of hyperspace, also I thought that this ship could not fit through the Purple gates, May have to re-read that chapter again once I find it.

Comment

cool episode! say aerki are u gonna put the destiny into ur fanfic or you still gonna wait?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
                            Wow what a chapter now the next one should be even more interesting, we will see
                            Spoiler:
                            The Columnar, what firepower it has, I wonder what Earth will think once that ship drops out of hyperspace, also I thought that this ship could not fit through the Purple gates, May have to re-read that chapter again once I find it.
                            The purple gates had "a few dozen feet clearance on each side of the Tria" if I recall correctly. It was tight but manageable.

Since it's a new class it makes sense that they'd be designed with the purple gates in mind, That or the Wormhole drive. lol

Given the Ancient penchant for ship LENGTH though the thing is probably long as the day.

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                            cool episode! say aerki are u gonna put the destiny into ur fanfic or you still gonna wait?

Mentioning it would at least be cool. Stevenson goes over some more of Atlantis' database and finds the notations on the Destiny project, mumbles to himself, "It's been a million years, it can wait a bit longer, I'm a little busy."

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
                              The purple gates had "a few dozen feet clearance on each side of the Tria" if I recall correctly. It was tight but manageable.

Since it's a new class it makes sense that they'd be designed with the purple gates in mind, That or the Wormhole drive. lol

Given the Ancient penchant for ship LENGTH though the thing is probably long as the day.

Mentioning it would at least be cool. Stevenson goes over some more of Atlantis' database and finds the notations on the Destiny project, mumbles to himself, "It's been a million years, it can wait a bit longer, I'm a little busy."
                              If I remember correctly, Aer'ki said "Wormhole drive my ass."

Comment

Originally posted by Alx
                                lol great to see some intrest in the ship from you people so here goes

Spoiler:

this is only a first look at her and i think youll be surprised once you see what she can do but that chapter hasnt arrived yet
                                Note: these renders features the unfinished main weapon!
                                It's a Giant Puddlejumper! I'm sorry I mean it makes sense but I just couldn't help laughing.

I mean the design makes sense, I just wasn't expecting it. I was thinking it would be something along the lines of other Ancient designs but then Stevenson DID say he was going to make things different.

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                                If I remember correctly, Aer'ki said "Wormhole drive my ***."
                                That was the joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X