No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh thank god, i needed an ancient story again, i cant stand the earth stuff now that we have this empire crossing dozens of galaxys and tech galore. kinda makes little earth stuff insignificant.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post
      I do agree with you too. As for the guy shooting himself..they round ricocheted off of things and hit him.
      No i got that i just think that it only emphasized the uselessness of the assault which i think was the point Aer'ki is trying to make. MY point is that the assault need not be useless.
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
        No i got that i just think that it only emphasized the uselessness of the assault which i think was the point Aer'ki is trying to make. MY point is that the assault need not be useless.
        lol Ah, I get you now. Hes making the bad guys look like they dont know what they are doing.

Would green you, but I need to spread some around first.

Comment

Well, I went ahead and greened you.

The story is getting quite a nice direction, I believe.

Comment

Honestly the part that bothered me the most (in the show and the fic) is that anyone could cut or gain acess into one of the most secure bases in the world. But then agian there was those two that got into the whitehouse dinner with out an invite.

Comment

Aragon101 - it did state in ROTA that Earth was the Alterran homeworld as they were there for million of years. I remember Stevenson saying it to Sheppard. I will have a look to find the chapter that states that after work.
              sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
                Aragon101 - it did state in ROTA that Earth was the Alterran homeworld as they were there for million of years. I remember Stevenson saying it to Sheppard. I will have a look to find the chapter that states that after work.
                It was when Sheppard was talking with Stevenson a few episodes back. I know. But wouldn't it just be shocking if they ended up going somewhere else first? just to get reinforcements or someone to look out for Earth while Stevenson deals with teh "bigger" fish?

It's been quite clear that Earth is basically in a fragile balance that a butterfly could upset. I'm thinking something similar to that episode where Hammond has to defend the SGC to the politicisns and Thor comes and berates Kinsey.

I can see Stevenson showing up and berating Earth's politicians, maybe he'll 'force' them to see the error of their ways too like he did Carter. All those things we as humanity think are "taboo" are nothing to Stevenson so i wouldn't be surprised one bit. Also remember, SG1 is doing something, it'll end up being a big part of the story or else it wouldn't be there.
                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                  I can see Stevenson showing up and berating Earth's politicians, maybe he'll 'force' them to see the error of their ways too like he did Carter. All those things we as humanity think are "taboo" are nothing to Stevenson so i wouldn't be surprised one bit. Also remember, SG1 is doing something, it'll end up being a big part of the story or else it wouldn't be there.
                  yes but I think it will be shep that does it cause Stevenson may had been the first 'mesisa' but bratac "saved" earth from the first attack on earth in a past eppy, which could show how the acients come into there own, now it shep that will show up and talk to jack and sam, and sam will be the one to make Jack see the good that Stevenson will do for earth... But then that will be a cross/fic (d**m need to stop posting from my phone after a bithday party)

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
                    yes but I think it will be shep that does it cause Stevenson may had been the first 'mesisa' but bratac "saved" earth from the first attack on earth in a past eppy, which could show how the acients come into there own, now it shep that will show up and talk to jack and sam, and sam will be the one to make Jack see the good that Stevenson will do for earth... But then that will be a cross/fic (d**m need to stop posting from my phone after a bithday party)
                    Then it's not really humanity evolving. it's the Ancients subjugating humanity in their effort to survive and not giving humanity the chance to do so on its own. Humanity becomes the ancients not out of destiny or choice, but rather are subjugated to that order.I like to think of it this way, at the end of nBSG, we're told that humanity is the product of Cylon/Human interbreeding. Replace cylon with ancient, and you've got the ancient gene in 2% of our population (remember? very few people have it naturally?) by saying that Humanity IS the ancients, you're focusing on that 2% while ignoring the 98% left.

Because they ARE different you know? The Ancients may have "given birth" to us, but eveb Thor said it when he called humanity the "fifth" race instead of the "Ancient's Legacy".

S story about humanity isn't about how we can evolve ourselves into Jedi-Like beings, It's not even about the progress of humanity and where we're going. A humanity story is pretty much our ability to overcome our stupidity and survive despite the odds. Look at SG1's first few seasons for that underdog feel. The Season finale 2 parters typically had SG1 and co fighting an insurmountable enemy in underdog tactics.

Yet, the precedent in ROTA is that Humanity can't overcome its stupidity and only exists as a fluke in the cosmic nature of things. If we can't survive without outside assistance (i.e. Intervention) then what does thta say about humans? That's not a hopeful story like SG1 and SGA were, if anything, that's depressing.

I'm never going to be an ancient, but i AM human so that's who i can relate to. Why else did Anakin fall in love and have all those EMO feelings if he's supposed to be this uber powered Jedi?

Comment

last 2 chapters up peoplee

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if making almost every major character an Alteran was a good decision. None of them seem to care about Earth or its people at all at this point, it's just a battle that needs to be fought and happens to be at their homeworld. They all just have this attitude that Earth's nothing special, and it's really jarring when you consider how dedicated they all were to protecting it in the 5 seasons of Atlantis. The characters just don't come off as human anymore, and I think that while part of that's intended, it's not really for the better. Alterans are cool, but as a human, I connect with my own kind.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

@s09119 i'm pretty sure they don't know whats happening on earth... plus "atlanteans" could fix all that egypt sgc thing by bringing one stargate to earth and making it the main one... plus i got a feeling that alterran sensors could see through the jammers and resteal it and install a better anti-beaming 'thingy'...
                          lol 2nd thought - all stargates can prob be shut down form the control center

about the 19/20th ep... honestly i'm a little disappointed. yes, it's cool that jack got some front-line action and cleared his schedule for more, and that the war was started, but sad drama thing isn't my kind of thing, ok, i might be dead inside, but "zzZZzzZZzZzzzz" (too streched out)... yes, jack's very important to stargate as series, but come on, 8 chapters? they initiated a war with the wraith in 20 sentences and it included moving of a city and wier's moment with the "it".

btw are'ki how's the next ep. coming? is there gonna be a brake? (even longer one ) ...do i have to do what cartman did when he couldn't stand the waiting for wii to come out?
                          Last edited by NIMBUS; 06 April 2010, 06:56 AM.
                          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

*pacing back and forth outside*

Come on..... come onnnn!

Eric, it's time to come home.

Comment

It's seems from the episode that the alterans are not aware of what has happened on earth, as they are more interested in there plan for the wraith. I beilve that they have landed back on Lantea, and are planning to wipe out the wraith in one mighty blow.

Yes the episode may have been slow but it did have some very interesting ideas that may be linked.

Spoiler:
                              The Goa'uld are back, it seems that they have infilltrated the chinese (possibly through the Trust, Which goes in part to explain there actions) and it is also possible they have footholds in various other governments (Including the President). It IMO explains why the gate was moved to Egypt and could also explain why it looks like Earth is screwing itself over (Goa'uld infilltrate and gain key postions. They set in motion a plan that will cause earth to screw itself over. They gain Earths advanced weaponary, although not as advanced as the Altera, and start to build a massive fleet. With that the will go about to regain there lost empire. However I dont think they know about Stevenson and the Asgard being back

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

wow bradly08 +1 green for you (if i won't have to spread around... hate that system) awesome theory and it totally fits... why didn't i think of it?

...lol i didn't even think goa'uld when i read this "finishing the last word off with a very familiar eye flash"...
                                Last edited by NIMBUS; 06 April 2010, 08:04 AM.
                                ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Working...
                                X