Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
    you could make it fit although you would just need to add another function for the ninth chevron plus all we want is a reference
    If I were to consider doing that, then I'd have to reconcile things like...if the seeder ships went to Pegasus first, why does Pegasus have blue gates instead of white? And why is there a problem with those blue gates so they don't connect with the rest of the network the way Ida gates do?

Little details like that cause HUGE problems with the storyline. SGU is a RETCON...square peg, round hole. It can't be done. Sorry....wait, no I'm not.

I hate SGU.
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
      If I were to consider doing that, then I'd have to reconcile things like...if the seeder ships went to Pegasus first, why does Pegasus have blue gates instead of white? And why is there a problem with those blue gates so they don't connect with the rest of the network the way Ida gates do?

Little details like that cause HUGE problems with the storyline. SGU is a RETCON...square peg, round hole. It can't be done. Sorry....wait, no I'm not.

I hate SGU.
      Well I can join you in that, I am not interested in SGU, just has not got the same feel to it.
      Re-reading your story while waiting for next chapter to be released, it is driving me mad.
      sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Alx
        personally i dont hate
        well thje PG gates could have been switched or changed to the blue ones due to the plague locking out the rest of the network to contain the outbreak, they could also have been updated as destinys gates are old as **** and evidence indicates that the Ancients were in pegasus for a very very long time after leaving avalon so an updated faster dial gate makes sence to me anyway.
        also i belive the seedership only seeds a handfull of habitable planets in the galaxies they visit and in the case of pegasus the seeder ship might have seeded a handfull and once the ancient packed up and moved to pegasus they started building a brand new network and terraforming planets and keeping that network seperate from avalon to protect against another plague outbreak.

and "Ida gates?" plural? i know that in your fic you stated ida has a full network but in the show only one has been seen and that was in the fifth race and i allways assumed it was a gift to the asgard from the ancients so trvel between galaxies would be easier and faster then traveling by ship i also asumed this was the one and only gate in ida as there is no canon evidence of any kind to the contrary.
        First off, if you're going to seed a galaxy with stargates...might you actually use them? Replacing them makes no sense. Also, if you were only putting a few per galaxy what's the point? Yes, they could use them to travel there...only wait, they're using a ship for that. It just doesn't add up.

And what were the Lanteans doing when Destiny 'visited' Pegasus after launch? Maybe a Wraith ship got its crew onboard and they're hybernating in statis ready to jump out and eat the crew...again, things don't add up.

As for Ida having more than one gate...yes it does. First, the function of the stargate and the individual chevron for the Ida galaxy suggests more than just one location. Remember, all the gates have 9 chevrons, so this is unlikely to be just a 'gift' of one gate to the Asgard.

Now, the Replicators infested Ida...but they came from the Milky Way through the stargate. Do you really think they popped out on the Asgard homeworld and survived? Or maybe they took them over, no wait, the homeworld was still secure later. So, they have to have other gates for the replicators to scurry through.

Maybe the reason they went there had to do with the 'advanced technology' they possesed and the Milky Way didn't at that time.

It takes some digging, but there is a lot of evidence for a lot of things I've added to ROTA that might sound like pure speculation.

Comment

Actually didn't it stated that the Asgard found the replicator took it back to IDA to study it, but it broke through the security and started replicating.

Comment

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
            Actually didn't it stated that the Asgard found the replicator took it back to IDA to study it, but it broke through the security and started replicating.
            Yes, that's how the replicators got their hands on Asgard tech in the first place, but Thor made it clear that the enemy was in their galaxy. If the replicators started doing their thing in the MW then we'd be overrun. Several episodes directly stated that they were in jeopardy of bringing the replicators here...the one with Apophis finally dying and the one when they did come with 5th and repli-sam.

The replicators were not here first, save for the Reese planet and then they left, presumeably through the gate to another galaxy, which they would have known how to connect with since it seems like the creator of Reese was an Asuran...which got their knowledge from the Ancients...who knew where the Asgard were.

Otherwise there would be no stargate show and this galaxy would be replicator land.

Comment

Yes, that's how the replicators got their hands on Asgard tech in the first place, but Thor made it clear that the enemy was in their galaxy. If the replicators started doing their thing in the MW then we'd be overrun. Several episodes directly stated that they were in jeopardy of bringing the replicators here...the one with Apophis finally dying and the one when they did come with 5th and repli-sam.

The replicators were not here first, save for the Reese planet and then they left, presumeably through the gate to another galaxy, which they would have known how to connect with since it seems like the creator of Reese was an Asuran...which got their knowledge from the Ancients...who knew where the Asgard were.

Otherwise there would be no stargate show and this galaxy would be replicator land.
              In the episode that we see Reese in it shows that a scientist creat reese and reese created the replicators as toys at first then something happened, i think the people on that planet turned against Reese or it was that she told her toys to preserve their life or something like that.

I will have to check again on that episode as I cannot remember if they went through the gate or the Asgard found that planet with the replicators on.

Comment

found it Season 5 Episode 19 menace
                Reese taught her toys how to make more of themselves and how to protect themselves and her. The people of her world believed her father -- her creator -- had built her wrong, and wanted to destroy her. But soon, she lost control of the Replicators when they became too numerous. They wiped out her world and killed her father, and there was nothing she could do about it. Then, they left -- and, alone, Reese went to sleep.

It does not state how the replicators left so it could be by stargate or ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx
                  it was also never stated in witch galaxy the replicators were found and brought back for study by the asgard. and if they left through the gate to ida they would have needed to know that there was advanced tech there and there is no canon evidence towards that end as the asgard had no knowledge of reese or her planet. also if they'd left through the gate i'd asume thw MW would be the first target not ida.
                  When the Asurans first popped up in SGA it was assumed that they were the first evolution of the replicators. Then, by reasoning, Reese's creator was probably an Assuran. This is how it was played off in SGA, which is what I'm working on.

If it was an Asuran, and they had the Lanteans knowledge, and imparted that to Reese as an 'offspring', then they would have known what the Ancients knew...including Ida and the technologically advanced Asgard.

For the Asgard, it was said they brought one back for study...not hundreds of them. If they got loose in MW then they would have conquered it.

I agree there are several gaps here...like how the Asuran got to the MW and how the replicators ended up meeting the Asgard in Ida or another galaxy (it was suggested the Asgard had business in several galaxies).

But above everything else, TPTB made it clear that there was a connection between the replicators and the Asurans...they even use the same name.

Comment

When the Asurans first popped up in SGA it was assumed that they were the first evolution of the replicators. Then, by reasoning, Reese's creator was probably an Assuran. This is how it was played off in SGA, which is what I'm working on.
                    Isn't it more likely that Reese's creator was one of the Lanteans that came back with the rest of their kind? The Asurans are never shown as having any activity outside their own star system after they were neutered by the Wraith.
                    sigpic
                    Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
                    Episode III: Phantasm.
                    "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

Originally posted by Lantean General View Post
                      Isn't it more likely that Reese's creator was one of the Lanteans that came back with the rest of their kind? The Asurans are never shown as having any activity outside their own star system after they were neutered by the Wraith.
                      Actually, that's a good point. That would make more sense. That maintains the link between the technologies and doesn't have the Asurans leaving.

Green for that!

Comment

I hate SGU.
                        just think about using it because u can have so many more plot lines with the introduction of destiny also u can explain the majority of hte inconsistenceis with a few lines of text i think some on this thread proposed that only a few planets could have been seeded right there half the inconsistencies are gone.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alx
                          thank you for noticing! and that was my point with that particular statement.
                          lol np the only problem that aerki would need to think on would be the ninth chevron address u can reason that if a large enough power source is pumped into the gate it triggers the "return" protocol in the gate at which point the gate almost opens up an old file in its computer (if it has one) which allows for connection to the destiny and only destiny.
                          sigpic

Comment

Just noticed something. When did 302's get energy weapons?

If you meant the glowing shots, odds are what we're seeing are just tracers, usually one every five in the load.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post

If you meant the glowing shots, odds are what we're seeing are just tracers, usually one every five in the load.
                              yup, every 5 round.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post

That's an extrapolation, given that this episode is happening a few years after SGA season 5. We saw in SG-1 that they had developed a hand-held plasma weapon that they then 'introduced' to the public with all the made up problems to make it look like new technology.

Putting something similar on the 302s is a logical upgrade, especially since O'Neill is basically in charge and we know he originally wanted 'phasers'.

The 302s haven't been seen to be upgraded or replaced with a new model, so this small upgrade makes sense to me, perhaps even overdue.

Anyone else think the same? Or disagree?

Comment

Working...
                                X