Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
    Would it be better that I hold all criticism and blow smoke up his/her ass?

Personally speaking I try to take any and all criticism from people who've read my stories.

I mean it's not like I'm popping in and shouting "you suck!" I'm not being OVERLY critical, I'm pointing out things that I believe could use a little work.
    Mainly the drastic changing of characters personalities and the brushing aside of the primary cast for an OC.

Yes, he's important to the central plot but it's turning more into StarGate: Stevenson than StarGate: Atlantis.
    But it's not Stargate Atlantis...

It's been pretty clear that Stevenson sees Pegasus and Milky Way as stepping stones to something much larger. he just need to ensure both are solid foundations for the coming struggle against the Ascended Empire mentioned previously. Just because we're only seeing bits and pieces of the larger story doesn't mean that's still not the underlying focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx
      Now you have my attension.. what information do you base this on? just curious not critical as i belive Humans are far older than the generally accepted "theory" of evolution! (yes it is A theory not fact although i belive it to be damn close to the truth and many points Darwin had makes perfect sense others do not!) also i am not a beliver in "intellegent design" witch is the politically correct term these days! just to make that clear!
      I don't remember exactly where I saw it, but I know it was a show on either the History channel or the Science Channel. Those are the two main ones I watch.

Yes, I know, I have no social life.

Comment

Except the Author said that this was his/her idea of what Season six could be had the show not ended and ignoring the Series Finale.

Which would make it, Stargate Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
          Except the Author said that this was his/her idea of what Season six could be had the show not ended and ignoring the Series Finale.

Which would make it, Stargate Atlantis.
          What I remember Aer'ki saying was that it was a new series that would be both a fresh start and a continuation to Atlantis. So it is sort of, but it's much more than that as well.

Comment

this series is aer'ki's way to fix all the 'unfinished storylines/devices/[insert word]', that writers screwed up, in a cool and amazing way. don't cry about it being sg:stevenson, because it is and will be way cooler than sg:a can ever be, plus, it's name is 'return of the ancients', and it's based on first 5 seasons of atlantis, like atlantis was based on first 7 seasons of sg-1.
            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Congrats Aer'ki, you have your first schism between fans Now just wait till you start shipping people and THEn the flak'll start flying!

Comment

Aragon101/Loneranger-1 could ya write that in english?
                if i understood you correctly - you are wrong, again (sorry) - there is only 1 guy who thinks differently, thats no schism
                ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                  Aragon101/Loneranger-1 could ya write that in english?
                  if i understood you correctly - you are wrong, again (sorry) - there is only 1 guy who thinks differently, thats no schism
                  Evidently my dry sarcasm is lost in translation across the fiberoptics of the interwebs. Alas Alack!

Here's some off the top of my head predictions;

Sheppard will become Neptune, KING OF ATLANTIS!

Weir will become Amphitrite, wife of Neptune AKA Sheppard, KING OF ATLANTIS!

Larrin will become Cleito, another wife of Neptune AKA Sheppard, KING OF ATLANTIS!

Ford will become one spoke of Trident, the weapon with which Neptune AKA Sheppard KING OF ATLANTIS will defeat the Wraith once and for all! The other two spokes are Ronon and most likely an OC.

Sam and the battlegroup will eventually find Atlantis, but seeing as they'd have to face the Traveler fleet as well as Atlantis itself, will more likely end up in a tense standoff during which Sam will let them go. OR... they succeed in invading Atlantis, but are repelled and captured by replicator guards that they weren't expecting and Stevenson and Shep (KING OF ATLANTIS!) bend her to their will I fully expect to see another Shep (KING OF ATLANTIS!) tossing Woolsey through the gate if this happens

Bra'tac will have to repel Lucian Alliance pirates and Jaffa who don't like him until the fleet can be built, and the IOA will want to join him for the technology but Bra'tac will tell Coolidge to get his head out of his ass first and then MAYBE they can have a civilized conversation.

Stevenson will leave Teyla to be the Pegasus supreme system lord once she's ready, and Daniel will likely head back to do the same with Milky Way once he (as i'm predicting) will see things Stevenson's way and decide never to ascend again as it only makes him angry with the "others"

That's it for now... can't really be arsed to think of more.

KING OF ATLANTIS!!!11

Comment

yes that's one outcome, but it will never come true because you said it aloud (congratz) ...it's like that thing with alternate universes - you make a decision and you create a new one
                    larrin and weir and telya and ronon will stay in pg after wraith are toast.
                    ...from what i have heard about sheppard, you are definitely right about him, but every1 else is still in flux , specially ford - they were like the best friends, stevenson might want to keep him as a pet (ouch). daniel could stay as his ethical councilor

btw, you are too good in mythologies
                    Last edited by NIMBUS; 20 August 2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

yes that's one outcome, but it will never come true because you said it aloud (congratz) ...it's like that thing with alternate universes - you make a decision and you create a new one
                      larria and weir and telya will stay in pg after wraith are toast.
                      ...from what i have heard about sheppard, you are definitely right about him, but every1 else is still in flux , specially ford - they were like the best friends, stevenson might want to keep him as a pet (ouch). daniel could stay as his ethical councilor

btw, you are too good in mythologies
                      lol well seeing as Aer'ki got into the whole "Titan" idea with the dinos, it makes sense he'd continue mythology.

also i think Aer'ki has like multiple seasons already storyboarded. makes perfect sense to me!

Comment

little off topic
                        about the future - got to say this ...one thing i don't like about this fan-fic is that we won't ever see the rebirth of the alterrans or stevensons failure (if aer'ki won't skip huge time periods)
                        it will take thousands of years of evolution for stevenson to be able to fight the ascended, it will take many years to rebuild previous empire, it will take many years to [inset few words]... only thing we can hope seeing is 'alterrianisation' of mw and pg which will take pretty long time (few seasons)... and aer'ki will preobably get bored of writing by that time and this will die without ending

it may be pessimistic, but it is the only realistic outcome

btw, do you think stevenson could figure out how to put rubics cube together in a short time assuming he didn't know how to do it before(my english FTW)
                        Last edited by NIMBUS; 20 August 2009, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx
                          there is no shame in seeking knowledge i also have no social life unemployment sucks! but i found a way to pass the time ---viva la internet!
                          Yeah, true, that just means I'll be smarter than all the other stupid teenagers when school starts. Unemployment? Ouch...

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
                          Evidently my dry sarcasm is lost in translation across the fiberoptics of the interwebs. Alas Alack!

Here's some off the top of my head predictions;

Sheppard will become Neptune, KING OF ATLANTIS!

Weir will become Amphitrite, wife of Neptune AKA Sheppard, KING OF ATLANTIS!

Larrin will become Cleito, another wife of Neptune AKA Sheppard, KING OF ATLANTIS!

Ford will become one spoke of Trident, the weapon with which Neptune AKA Sheppard KING OF ATLANTIS will defeat the Wraith once and for all! The other two spokes are Ronon and most likely an OC.

Sam and the battlegroup will eventually find Atlantis, but seeing as they'd have to face the Traveler fleet as well as Atlantis itself, will more likely end up in a tense standoff during which Sam will let them go. OR... they succeed in invading Atlantis, but are repelled and captured by replicator guards that they weren't expecting and Stevenson and Shep (KING OF ATLANTIS!) bend her to their will I fully expect to see another Shep (KING OF ATLANTIS!) tossing Woolsey through the gate if this happens

Bra'tac will have to repel Lucian Alliance pirates and Jaffa who don't like him until the fleet can be built, and the IOA will want to join him for the technology but Bra'tac will tell Coolidge to get his head out of his ass first and then MAYBE they can have a civilized conversation.

Stevenson will leave Teyla to be the Pegasus supreme system lord once she's ready, and Daniel will likely head back to do the same with Milky Way once he (as i'm predicting) will see things Stevenson's way and decide never to ascend again as it only makes him angry with the "others"

That's it for now... can't really be arsed to think of more.

KING OF ATLANTIS!!!11

Okay, you get green for that.

little off topic
                          about the future - got to say this ...one thing i don't like about this fan-fic is that we won't ever see the rebirth of the alterrans or stevensons failure (if aer'ki won't skip huge time periods)
                          it will take thousands of years of evolution for stevenson to be able to fight the ascended, it will take many years to rebuild previous empire, it will take many years to [inset few words]... only thing we can hope seeing is 'alterrianisation' of mw and pg which will take pretty long time (few seasons)... and aer'ki will preobably get bored of writing by that time and this will die without ending

it may be pessimistic, but it is the only realistic outcome

btw, do you think stevenson could figure out how to put rubics cube together in a short time assuming he didn't know how to do it before(my english FTW)
                          Who knows, it might happen. For all we know Aer'ki could skip a few thousand years than start up a new series where the Alterra civilization is finally amlost rebuilt. It could happen, but who knows. Surprise us, Aer'ki.

Comment

ch5 is out.... i'm off ...reading...
                            *minutes later*
                            ...i smiled the whole time i was reading it YEAH, ford is fixed!

EDIT: oh and yeah, they've got one extra potentia - *in cartman style* "sweet"
                            Last edited by NIMBUS; 20 August 2009, 12:57 PM.

Comment

All right! Ford is kicking again!

Members of the F.O.R.D. should all come here and read up on this fanfic!

Truly a great serial!

Comment

very good, looking forward to the next episode

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Working...
                                X