No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. Some of the earlier chapters were rather odd.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
      I agree. Some of the earlier chapters were rather odd.
      Not really. After the third "death" it was pretty obvious that someone was ****ing with Johns head, and the "Learn a lesson or keep dying" aspect drove home the point that it was a test.

Though I have to say, Johns father issues would have made the use of the "Dark Side Tree" in Yodas back yard more symbolically relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
        alx made the columnar, but he went bonkers and no1 has seen him or his ships ever again ...some1 should write a fic about that mysterious story L.O.L.
        I am hoping to see more artwork in the future. I was starting to get some perspective on the visual front.

Comment

to me, it looked like a pipe bomb
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

yea, it did. We need some awesome looking ships to be part of this series

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

no new year update aerki?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                no new year update aerki?
                That's a no, sorry. Been taking a break over the holidays.

As for the renders of ships...ALX quit suddenly without stating a reason, and since I don't have the materials to do any renders there won't be any more coming.

As for the design of the Columnar...that was mine. Function comes first, and to get it through the gate with maximum mass it had to be a 'pipe', though once the pods are deployed it loses that shape. There was also supposed to be a small sphere on the front that never got put in that houses the main weapon, but the design that was made gets the idea across.

And yes, more designs would be helpful, especially for future episodes, but the best I can do is a quick sketch on 'Paint'.

Spoiler:
                It would have been helpful to have one particular design before the end of season 1, but unless someone with the skills and programming jumps onboard I'm afraid it won't happen. It's a...well, let's just say it's an Asgard design.
                Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

New Asgard supership built by newly-reborn Asgard civilisation???

Also, on that new civilisation..(yet to be reborn i think..)..will it be a "blank slate" race with tech given to them by stevenson?

OR..will it be (what I hope is the case ) that their minds were stored in the Odessey and they will be back in the new bodies and can design their own technology independent of the new Alterra civilisation???

Comment

it has got to be the 2nd... it would be idiotic to bring back a technologically retarded race which has such great physical bodies
                    Last edited by NIMBUS; 06 January 2010, 12:55 AM.
                    ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

it has got to be the 2nd... it would be idiotic to bring back a technologically retarded race which has such great physical bodies
                      yet seeding the asgard race on other uninhabited planets would be a good thing in the long run I think, like also has been done with the humans. Make a repository for the Asgard and that way the Asgard race can get allot better in the long run. But I do hope the second option will happen

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

without any intelligence physical form determines chances of survival... things aren't looking too bright for the asgard in this department, and it doesn't matter how big changes one makes to their dna, if they still look anything like asgard did they are lacking...

btw aer'ki, it has been 2 weeks... "ME WANTS MORE EPPS!" ...my best 'unevolved' impression.
                        ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

btw aer'ki, it has been 2 weeks... "ME WANTS MORE EPPS!" ...my best 'unevolved' impression.
                          I agree but with better grammar.
                          http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

the grammar was a part of the "unevolvedness"

Comment

i hope its the latter also aerki can u go in depth about the Asgard history and alliances history that would be an awesome chapter (well for me at least) can you make a scale for technological advancement we could prob do that on this thread tho
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah Aerki I think everybody wants Asgard with Adgard technology and ideas/strategies,
                                rather than Asgard with Alterran technology and ideas/ strategies.

Its also just my opinion, but i think should be "reborn" back in Ida shouldn't they? Not the Ori galaxy???
                                It's not like they need protection...they're the drone-deflecting, Ori-shield-penetrating ASGARD!!
                                This arc is going to be good...

Comment

Working...
                                X