This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I like my female characters to be strong, independant characters.

So, when Manhood becomes available - I'm sure to be hearing about it.
    Awesome. and I look forward to any ways to improve it afterwards.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Falcon Horus: You've probably already checked it out, but just in case you missed it, head to the Stargate Fic Rec LJ community and check out the tags (Atlantis, Teyla, Weir, etc) and memories.

Comment

One I really enjoyed is this Stargate/Portal crossover:
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4926800/...Computer_Games
        Maybe it just goes to show what a nerd I am, but I really enjoyed it. The first bit had me in stitches. Unfortunately, it's unfinished, but with Portal and Stargate you really can't go wrong....
        sigpic
        Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Okay well firstly HEY GUYS!!!

Wow been forever since I've been on GateWorld, and I have no excuse aside from the fact I'm still in mourning for SGA lol anyway I thought I'd pop by and recommend a fic. My friend recently discovered SGA thanks to yours truly and she's now the proud owner of the entire series which she watched one after the other.

Anyway after a lot of encouragment on my part she's started her own fic. Now she's no stranger to writing fics, or creating amazing OC's, she has a huge following on fanfiction.net, yet SGA is her first step into sci fi so I thought I'd take a chance at recruiting some of you wonderful people, hoping some of you will check out the first chapter, support her in what I promise is going to be a fab story.

Trust me...I've read the next few chapters and I'm already hooked!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6937970/1/The_Long_Way_Home

Oh my god...what could it be? We're all doomed, who's flying this thing?...Oh right that's me!"

Comment

Great Recommendations! Thanks!

Originally posted by san View Post
            Hope you don't mind,

the links for Sky stories (i also enjoy them, and Hidden one is a must for Sam fans) are

http://sgnovels.shahrazad.net/archive1/authorei.html

(Scroll down fro Gracie name)

http://sgnovels.shahrazad.net/archive1/titlevz.html

(scroll down for �the weather out side�)

the other one i cannot find, i now i rea it but can't remenber where.

San

Comment

Here's a cute series, and forgive me if it's been rec'd already:

The Barista Series by dietcokechic

Life as seen through the eyes of one particular barista at the coffee shop that Daniel likes to frequent in Colorado Springs. Pretty much covers SG-1 Seasons 1-3, in vignettes and short stories that each address events of an episode or episodes, as seen via the effects on Daniel and his friends that would be visible to an outside. There's a surprise at the end of the series!

These are cute (without being cutesy) and funny, and sometimes extremely serious and touching. Highly recommended!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
              sigpic
              now also appearing on DeviantArt
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                Here's a cute series, and forgive me if it's been rec'd already:
                Yep, way back on page one:
                Originally posted by Blue Jaffa's Girl View Post
                ...Right now, I am digging the Barista Series by dietcokechick...
                But thanks for re-reccing it anyway.

The Barista Series by dietcokechic

Life as seen through the eyes of one particular barista at the coffee shop that Daniel likes to frequent in Colorado Springs. Pretty much covers SG-1 Seasons 1-3, in vignettes and short stories that each address events of an episode or episodes, as seen via the effects on Daniel and his friends that would be visible to an outside. There's a surprise at the end of the series!

These are cute (without being cutesy) and funny, and sometimes extremely serious and touching. Highly recommended!
                I read it many years ago on ff.net, but their search engine's down so I can't look for it right now. On ff.n she started posting a sequel but I don't think she ever finished it.

Comment

Well, to be fair, she did have a baby in '08, as a single mom... so maybe that has something to do with it. But yeah, I would SO love more in that series!

(I have a habit of giving a 'nod' in my fic to other people's if I like it... so in one of my upcoming stories, Victor's is mentioned sort of in passing by a couple of characters at the SGC. )

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Anyone know of any SGU TJ/Varro fanfiction out there yet. Ive been looking for ages but can only find TJ/Varro/Young fanfic where TJ ends up with Young.
                    Ah…Colonel?
                    It's my sidearm, I swear…
                    [giggles]
                    No giggling, please…

Comment

I recommend Stargate:Return of the Ancients for those who are extremely, extremely keen-eyed nitpickers of possible unresolved logical goofs (despite the show attempting to explain the plothole as well as they think they can and think that they have) in the Stargate series plotlines.
                      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Any one know any good stories with Lorne a major character? I can't find very many

and http://keiramarcos.com has some good Stargate Atlantis fics but most have slash pairings

Comment

Just wanted to say that the 2011 GateFic Awards winners have been posted. Lots of good fics there. The nominees are worth checking out too.
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

For those of you who are suffering a severe withdrawal since SGU was cancelled, this story is one of the best well written story. You will NOT be disappointed and it's very engrossing. Warning: start reading it in the afternoon. Otherwise, you will be up all night long, unable to stop reading even as the sun come up. Enjoy!
                            http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6981202/..._over_Distance

Comment

So I would like to know are there any fanfics where the Replicators take over the Borg or the Star Trek Galaxy? I would like to know this because there is always the Ori vs the Star Wars galaxy but there never seems to be any fanfics involving the Replicators vs Star trek or anything like that.
                              http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...m/Earth001.jpg

Comment

Anyone recommend any good longish SG-1/Atlantis crossover stories. Stories featuring Shepard O'Neill Daniel would be nice. Cam as well. Am already reading Return of the Ancients but looking for primarily SG-1 and Shepards team

Comment

Working...
                                X