Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently reread an couple of fanfic - goodies saved on my kindle ...
    I recommend "The Fire Still Burns" by Flatkatsi. It's major Jack wump after his encounter with Hathor and (important for me ) lots of Janet Fraiser in it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Libero View Post
      I recommend "The Fire Still Burns" by Flatkatsi. It's major Jack wump after his encounter with Hathor and (important for me ) lots of Janet Fraiser in it.
      and the link for anyone that's interested The Fire Still Burns by Flatkatsi

Summary: Being implanted with a Goa'uld is not as easily forgotten as Jack would like. Episode tag to 'Into the Fire'.

sigpic
      Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3151681/...nd_Lt_Colonels

"Of Coloring Books and Lt. Colonels" by Stealth Dragon

Don't read if you can't stand major Shep whump but this is a very nice piece of strong Shep/McKay friendship.
        Brought me to tears ...

Summary: After a week and a half of horrible torture, Sheppard becomes obsessed with a coloring book, and Rodney doesn't get it.
        Last edited by Libero; 10 September 2010, 02:37 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Stories by my Dad, PuddlejumperOZ. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2114399/PuddlejumperOZ

I especially would recommend the last four chapters written by guest writers Aragon101, Garrowan5th (now Stewart5), Skydiver and Akamaimom. The last is epecailly beautiful for me as I play Cate on my RPG.

Comment

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3151681/...nd_Lt_Colonels

"Of Coloring Books and Lt. Colonels" by Stealth Dragon

Don't read of you can't stand major Shep whump but this is a very nice piece of strong Shep/McKay friendship.
            Brought me to tears ...

Summary: After a week and a half of horrible torture, Sheppard becomes obsessed with a coloring book, and Rodney doesn't get it.
            Ohh i've read that, that's a good one Warning indeed
            Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
            Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Just wanted to stop in and say that I have been loving all the fic recs. I've found a lot to keep me busy.

I have a rec. Not so much as a fic but a site. There is a ton of SgC stuff on here. Do pay attention to the tags and warnings as slash and adult fics are mixed together.

http://archiveofourown.org/media

Comment

I miss Janet. i may have to go check that out.
                sigpic
                Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by DJsGirl View Post
                  I miss Janet. i may have to go check that out.
                  Yeah, miss her too

Now I just finished and highly recommend:
                  "Exhuming McCarthy" by Kristen999 Fanfiction
                  Kristen does the self-doubt-Sheppard soooo very well - he's held accountable for a jumper crash and his team ... oh wow, moved me to tears!
                  But there is humor too (Sheppard reading and discussing a book I knew great) and lots of whumping of course.
                  sigpic

Comment

Way to Go, Science Girl as nice little Cassie/Sam oneshot.
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Fortnight

What Sam does if the events of Hathor turned out just a little differently.
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Amusing little gen team fic that pokes fun at the goings on at the SGC:
                        Dear SGC Advisor...

Comment

Great Sam/Cassie fic: Growing Up Tau'ri
                          Summary: Sam is there for Cassandra growing up. Over the years, she does some growing up of her own.

And by the same author, a fab team fic featuring banter in the commissary: Love is...

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                            Great Sam/Cassie fic: Growing Up Tau'ri
                            Summary: Sam is there for Cassandra growing up. Over the years, she does some growing up of her own.

And by the same author, a fab team fic featuring banter in the commissary: Love is...
                            Thank you, these were terrific rec's.
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Because I love the character of Frank Cromwell, I'm recommending these (all of them are set prior to the original Stargate movie), written by an author named Flora:

A Light In Dark Places
                              During the attempted Goa’uld invasion of Serpent’s Lair/Serpent’s Grasp, nobody outside the SGC had any idea of the threat facing Earth. Or did they? Stationed in Germany and preparing for war in Kosovo, Frank Cromwell hears some strange rumors, and wonders what kind of trouble Jack has gotten himself into this time. Plus--memories of a happier Christmas, a brave teddy bear, and why it’s NOT a good idea to drive across the Rocky Mountains in a snowstorm...

All Go Down Together
                              Sometimes, in combat, you have two seconds to make a call. Sometimes you make the wrong call. And then you have to live with that, for the rest of your life.

What Love Remains
                              Sara never really got any explanation of the events of Cold Lazarus. And when an old friend of Jack’s shows up unexpectedly, she is determined to get some answers. Later, certain events lead her and Jack both to reexamine their feelings for one another.

So Builds An Absolute Trust
                              (writing with Gallagater)
                              Jack O’Neill and Frank Cromwell run into some trouble, when Frank is wounded on a top secret mission to Nicaragua and Jack is captured by government forces. And that’s just the beginning of their problems...

High Speed Dirt
                              What could possibly go wrong?

I'll also pimp one of Gallagater's stories:

Stray Thoughts
                              Comfort comes in many sizes and shapes as Jack and Frank plot a mission of their own in the middle of a war with a life hanging in the balance.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Are we allowed to recommend our own? I didn't see a rule either way about that, but I may have missed it.
                                Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Working...
                                X