Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    I love that story. Some of it is a little out of character, but it still makes me laugh. Teal'c and the pie.
    Haha. Yeah very true. The writing is good enough that you can ignore a little of the mischaracterisation. Pie=funny
    "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
      I just read this fic this morning. "The InLaws" by Jessa4865. It's a Threads tag from the POV of Mark Carter, and has got the ship. It also features the whole team, and their interaction with Sam. And if you're wondering how the ship might have been fulfilled after Jacob's death... this is how it happened!
      I actually quite liked this. It's now on my favorites page.
      I loved this and found myself stifling my giggles at 1 in the morning...once I started reading I couldn't stop...thank you for the rec.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I just read this fic this morning. "The InLaws" by Jessa4865. It's a Threads tag from the POV of Mark Carter, and has got the ship. It also features the whole team, and their interaction with Sam. And if you're wondering how the ship might have been fulfilled after Jacob's death... this is how it happened!

Nice fic to read at 4 in the morning! Couldn't sleep so I'm glad I found this to pass my time Great to see Mark's side of the story! It's on my favorites page too
        sigpic
        Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Fabulous piece.
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I just read this fic this morning. "The InLaws" by Jessa4865. It's a Threads tag from the POV of Mark Carter, and has got the ship. It also features the whole team, and their interaction with Sam. And if you're wondering how the ship might have been fulfilled after Jacob's death... this is how it happened! I actually quite liked this. It's now on my favorites page.
            *shifty eyes* umm...selene? There's that psychic thing between us again. Scary.

Good fic, and nice from Mark's POV -he has his perspective changed by the events. I'm not one who thinks that Mark alienated Sam because her relationship with Pete didn't work out, so this one sits well with me. I did notice the slight OOC moments, but overall worth the read.
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Can someone point me to the Shippy Review for "The Curse?"

I'm trying to get some Campfire mojo flowing.
              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                I clicked on this story to read some while I was finishing off my edits to my newest story, and then, I got distracted by its awesome. I really like this story. Thanks for the rec *goes back to finish reading and refusing to feel guilty about neglecting own story* lol
                Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                I love that story. Some of it is a little out of character, but it still makes me laugh. Teal'c and the pie.
                Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                I loved this and found myself stifling my giggles at 1 in the morning...once I started reading I couldn't stop...thank you for the rec.
                Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                Nice fic to read at 4 in the morning! Couldn't sleep so I'm glad I found this to pass my time Great to see Mark's side of the story! It's on my favorites page too
                Originally posted by Pol View Post
                Fabulous piece.
                Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                *shifty eyes* umm...selene? There's that psychic thing between us again. Scary.

Good fic, and nice from Mark's POV -he has his perspective changed by the events. I'm not one who thinks that Mark alienated Sam because her relationship with Pete didn't work out, so this one sits well with me. I did notice the slight OOC moments, but overall worth the read.
                Wow! Everyone liked it as much as I did! Hee hee!

I've never really had a firm idea of how the Sam/Jack hooking up after Threads "thing" happened, and therefore never gave much thought to its credibility. I accept that they're together by the time Sam goes to Atlantis, but anything more concrete than that and I'm at a loss.

I'm no more at said loss. I fully accept that this is the way it happened. Jack had the ring for years, asked her out of the blue while remaining sensitive to the recent Pete thing, etc. :nods:

Comment

Jack had the ring for years

Aww I find that soooooooooo sweet and incredibly romantic
                  sigpic
                  Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                    Aww I find that soooooooooo sweet and incredibly romantic
                    And in the vein of the story, really sad because that means he had gotten the ring for her before Pete.
                    "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      Does anyone recall a fic set during the ep Ascension when Sam returns from the planet after Orlin sacrfices himself to save Sam, and she has to go to the briefing room and she thinks she's gonna be in HUGE trouble but Jack reassures her that it will be ok and then Hammond walks in and tells her the same thing?
                      I wouldn't mind reading this, also. I just finished watching the ep and would love to see a story with the aftermath. You'd think Carter would be in some kind of trouble, but it's never mentioned again!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                        I wouldn't mind reading this, also. I just finished watching the ep and would love to see a story with the aftermath. You'd think Carter would be in some kind of trouble, but it's never mentioned again!
                        Actually, there are a few aftermath stories, usually with Colonel Simmons trying to court martial Sam.

Comment

Guess I better go read this... it's gotten quite popular on this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Actually, there are a few aftermath stories, usually with Colonel Simmons trying to court martial Sam.
                            EEEP! Sam wouldn't give that creep the time of day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                              EEEP! Sam wouldn't give that creep the time of day!!
                              True. But he did attempt to have her court martialed, and in at least one there actually was a trial. Luckily the judge was smarter than Simmons and dismissed all but one charge (because they were ridiculous) and Sam only wound up with a little mark on her record, and even that should have been dismissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                Can someone point me to the Shippy Review for "The Curse?"

I'm trying to get some Campfire mojo flowing.
                                Here you go Pol.

The Curse

Comment

Working...
                                X