Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
    So...'The Secret Life of Pandas' would be in the stranded offworld thread, for instance?
    Yep. As a matter of fact, I think it's already on that list.
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
      Yep. As a matter of fact, I think it's already on that list.
      If it's not, I'll add it. It was on my original list that I used to start that thread.

Comment

Terrific work you guys are doing here. Makes looking for the type of fic you like so much easier

Comment

Does anyone know where I can find a story from many years back - I think the title was "Taken" but I can't be sure and I don't know who the author is. I used to chek on it periodically to see if it was completed but it's been so long, i can't remember the web site.

Sam and Jack are being held as prisoners and all the other female prisoners are preggers. S/J are told Sam must be pregnant by Jack within (2 months?) or she will be given to someone else. Anybody recognize this?
          sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
            Does anyone know where I can find a story from many years back - I think the title was "Taken" but I can't be sure and I don't know who the author is. I used to chek on it periodically to see if it was completed but it's been so long, i can't remember the web site.

Sam and Jack are being held as prisoners and all the other female prisoners are preggers. S/J are told Sam must be pregnant by Jack within (2 months?) or she will be given to someone else. Anybody recognize this?
            I recall three stories with a similar theme, one makes mention of her having an IUD and thus she can't get pregnant, the second one has Daniel and Teal'c (?) in it as well (with Sam and Daniel basically being forced to have sex first before she gets assigned to Jack) and the last one has the entire team put into a breeding facility where Sam and Daniel get paired up while Jack and Teal'c both get someone else, but Teal'c is the only one who actually breeds with his mate and then Sam gets paired up with Jack and I think Daniel gets Jack's former mate (and obviously they totally like each other).

But I'm terrible with names and titles and usually don't bother remembering them unless I was really impressed by the story. Anyway, just thought some of it might jog your memory on the details to make it easier for others to know which one you're talking about.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
              Hello all!

Just finished watching Descent on the Space Channel. Aside from the usual aftershocks and campfires, does anyone have good post-decscent fics to recommend??

(Descent is the one in which Sam and Jack almost drown on the Hatak they are trying to salvage.)
              Have you read annerb's No Air?

I also recall some fic by Venom 69, but I don't have time to look for it now, sorry. Will try later.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              Last night I went searching for a fic...or maybe two or three as I can't remember if it's one fic I'm thinking of or a multitude of them. Anyways, [B]basically in one of them Pete & Sam are together but he's jealous of Jack and Sam & Jack are not getting on well at work but then Pete shoots Jack, the bullet also grazing Sam and that kinda snaps her into realising her feelings for Jack...and she's all stressed out in the infirmary that they have to sedate her so they can treat her wound as well.
              That doesn't ring a bell, sorry.

Now the other thing I remember is Sam being harrassed but I'm not sure if this was the same fic or if it's Pete or someone else and Jack's car gets vandalised when they're at a park...I think it's Pete.
              This one sounds like Seldear's Secrets and Shadows.

Also there's another fic...or possibly part of one I've just described where she goes away with Jack but she doesn't want to go and she's fighting everyone and Janet sedates her so they can load her into Jacks truck and take her away from the mountain...I'm not sure if this was set after D&C or 100 days...
              It's definitely NOT S&S, but apart from that I can't help you here either...

Guys, I'm very impressed with these fic lists! Keep up good work!

Hedwig, I do have a question regarding Sam in Atlantis thread: does Sam need to be in Atlantis already, or are any fics set on Earth but telling the story of her accepting the post/preparations to go there/returning to Earth after Woolsey relieved her also permittable?
              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
              sigpic
              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                Hedwig, I do have a question regarding Sam in Atlantis thread: does Sam need to be in Atlantis already, or are any fics set on Earth but telling the story of her accepting the post/preparations to go there/returning to Earth after Woolsey relieved her also permittable?
                I believe that so far it's only stories set in SGA (or on her way over there) but maybe hedwig can categorize them in pre-SGA, SGA and back from SGA? Or we'll need another list for post Continuum stories, since she's relieved of command right before the movie and only makes a few guest appearances on SGU...
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

How about alternate universe fic? Ones that take place in a whole new universe.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    How about alternate universe fic? Ones that take place in a whole new universe.
                    Working on the thread right now, Skydiver.
                    On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post

Want to access ALL the lists?

Stories are Sam/Jack shippy unless otherwise noted.
                      I have created the AU thread as well. I'm going to play around with it a bit but have reserved all the posts I'll probably need so it's open for business.
                      On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                        That doesn't ring a bell, sorry.
                        I found one of the fics I was looking for - it's called Mistrust by Scully...I put a link to it on my original post.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          I recall three stories with a similar theme, one makes mention of her having an IUD and thus she can't get pregnant, the second one has Daniel and Teal'c (?) in it as well (with Sam and Daniel basically being forced to have sex first before she gets assigned to Jack) and the last one has the entire team put into a breeding facility where Sam and Daniel get paired up while Jack and Teal'c both get someone else, but Teal'c is the only one who actually breeds with his mate and then Sam gets paired up with Jack and I think Daniel gets Jack's former mate (and obviously they totally like each other).
                          But I'm terrible with names and titles and usually don't bother remembering them unless I was really impressed by the story. Anyway, just thought some of it might jog your memory on the details to make it easier for others to know which one you're talking about.
                          I remember this fic...had a nice ending too...but I can't find the title just yet. I'll keep looking.
                          I remember they are sent to another planet to become breeders and Jacob comes to their rescue...eventually.
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post

I remember this fic...had a nice ending too...but I can't find the title just yet. I'll keep looking.
                            I remember they are sent to another planet to become breeders and Jacob comes to their rescue...eventually.
                            Could it be Not How I Pictured This by Veep that you are referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercurial View Post
                              Could it be Not How I Pictured This by Veep that you are referring to?
                              Yes! Thank you!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yes! Thank you!
                                You're Welcome!

Also there's another fic...or possibly part of one I've just described where she goes away with Jack but she doesn't want to go and she's fighting everyone and Janet sedates her so they can load her into Jacks truck and take her away from the mountain...I'm not sure if this was set after D&C or 100 days...but anyway, these thoughts popped up and I can't for the life of me find the fics...I have way too many bookmarked but with no idea what they're about.
                                Thank you for any help in finding these fics.
                                This one sounds familiar too, though it's possible i'm mixing it up with another fic too, but from memory Jack takes a sedated Sam to a Ranch of an old friend of his to help her recuperate. Whilst there someone comes after one of them I can't remember who but Jack is knocked out in a shed or something? and a relative of the ranch owner comes to their rescue???

Comment

Working...
                                X