Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Whoa! Way to burst my bubble!

Just kidding. It seems that there's something for everyone. I write them how I see them, and am glad when other people see it, too.
    Everyone has an interpretation. Some people have very...active...imaginations. I think you write them very well Akamai

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      This is probably the most recommended fic on this forum, but would you believe that I actually haven't read it?

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I have this saved, and don't remember it, but I probably read it a long time ago, so I'm including it here:

Another typical SG1 Christmas
      Rated G

and

Christmas in the Infirmary by SG-Fan

and

Christmas Miracles by not a zatarc

and

White Christmas
      Super! These should keep me busy. Thanks, Hedwig!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
        This is probably the most recommended fic on this forum, but would you believe that I actually haven't read it?
        I've begged and begged for a sequel to it but....hasn't happened

It's well worth the multiple recs

I have a few hours of writing to do tonight but them I'm going to re-read it for the millionth time!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          Everyone has an interpretation. Some people have very...active...imaginations. I think you write them very well Akamai

Awww. You're sweet. Thanks!

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
          Go read it. We'll wait for you. It's honestly one of the first fics that allowed me to believe that fanfic could be great fic.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          I've begged and begged for a sequel to it but....hasn't happened

It's well worth the multiple recs

I have a few hours of writing to do tonight but them I'm going to re-read it for the millionth time!
          I have a bazillion things to do before I head off to bed--but I'd rather be writing!!!!!! Darn clients and their multitudinous requests! (Just kidding! Really--I love every one of them. Especially the one that frequents this thread. . . **smooch**)
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Okay....since we are on the topic of Christmas fics...

Is there any chance someone has a cheesy, corny, fluffy Christmas fic of Sam and Jack(preferably long) ...I know I've read a few in the past, but I can't for the life of me, remember their names.
            One was where they were stuck in the infirmary or on base and ended S/J hooking up
            The other was a family fic, but in the end they were together and going to the family with one(or more) kids of their own during the holidays.
            I'm SURE they were old fics...but that's it!
            Other really fluffy fics(perferably long) are recommended too!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Is there any chance someone has a cheesy, corny, fluffy Christmas fic of Sam and Jack(preferably long) ...I know I've read a few in the past, but I can't for the life of me, remember their names.
              One was where they were stuck in the infirmary or on base and ended S/J hooking up
              The other was a family fic, but in the end they were together and going to the family with one(or more) kids of their own during the holidays.
              See my post above with a couple of Christmas fics.

Comment

I'm probably the only one here that doesn't really like Blame it on the Tinsel.

Example of how people read fic differently.

Jann - here's a Christmas fic of my own from ages past... A Kiss Is Still A Kiss

Comment

Originally posted by cdm View Post
                  Here's some to start you out
                  http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/96241.html

http://community.livejournal.com/sj_everyday/

http://community.livejournal.com/sg1_debrief/

http://community.livejournal.com/stargateficrec/

http://community.livejournal.com/sam_and_jack/

If you go to the user page on any of these sites you can find many more individual writers. I'm too lazy to link them right now but look for-
                  Nandamai
                  sjhw tolerence
                  pepperfield
                  Mrs. pollifax
                  petitestars
                  Also look for
                  day of indulgence
                  carnival of squee
                  apocalypse kree
                  sjficathon
                  Plenty more but it's 5am and my brain is melting.
                  I want to thank your for your info. I was able to access some fics because of it, though not as many as I would like. Unlike the straightforward fanfic sites, the livejournals are so cluttered. But, that's the writers' privilege, I guess, to put fics there. But again, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Sue Corkill has a few on Heliopolis and SamandJack.net. They are R rated or equivalent, so no link. Would be easy to find since they have Christmas in the title or description. Must say though they are more about Sam and Jack's "doings" than about the season. Also I remember a fic where Jack is with Sam at Mark's, Jacob is there, then later in the Springs at Janet's party. Jack's gift to Sam figures into the plot. I'll try to remember the writer. A few more are at the edge of my memory also. Edit: It's "Chistmas Flame" by Sally Reeve, with the sequel "Christmas Revelation (or maybe Resolution). I found lots of Christmas stories by searching for "Christmas" on at least one site.
                    Last edited by Gatetrixer; 29 November 2010, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                      Anyone got any good 'The Other Side' post ep recommendations? I've found one or two but I'm after something meaty. Something where Sam isn't conveyed as being completely ignorant regarding Jack's past or one dimensional character wise.
                      Okay, this is no fic, but have you read Karen Millers "Alliances"? It's one of the Fandemonium books and it deals with the events of "The Other Side". Though, if I remember it correctly it's more about the issues between Jack and Daniel; there are some shippy scenes, too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                        Okay, this is no fic, but have you read Karen Millers "Alliances"? It's one of the Fandemonium books and it deals with the events of "The Other Side". Though, if I remember it correctly it's more about the issues between Jack and Daniel; there are some shippy scenes, too.
                        I haven't but maybe I'll check it out. I've only read one of these books and I'm not sure about doing it again - fanfic seems to provide me with something that the novels don't. Which is odd considering I've liked the novels from other fandoms! Maybe this search will spur me on though!

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                          I haven't but maybe I'll check it out. I've only read one of these books and I'm not sure about doing it again - fanfic seems to provide me with something that the novels don't. Which is odd considering I've liked the novels from other fandoms! Maybe this search will spur me on though!
                          I've often found novels incredibly limited because the writer has to stick with what's considered "canon". Plus they have to focus on a lot of other things I don't care about (like other characters... oh did I say that out loud???). Well written fanfic is far more satisfying.

Comment

the novels are also subject to MGM getting a say and approval while fanfic doesn't have that
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I haven't finished this, so no idea how completely shippy it is, although one comment mentioned that it was 'too shippy for me', so please take that under advisement

http://cassievalentine.livejournal.com/778590.html

it's nice and long and in 5 parts, but the sam part that i read was really good
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Can I challenge everyone to post a link to their favorite S/J fic ever? I'm still mining all the coal and diamonds out there, lol. I've got a couple that have stuck in my head that I'll post when I get to a actual computer.

Ready, set, go!
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X