No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, im going to use those 'better sources' as i wil probably never see it because its only shown on scifi benelux which i dont receive
    check my story's:
    Battlestar group 16
    and Under Siege
    and respond at:
    Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
    my newest story:
    TFS Ticonderoga
    and respond at:
    TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

the magic of google can open up a world of sources.

i could share some, but open like here is forbidden. i think anyone who can properly and legally (and easily) can get stargate should do so

Comment

I got some sources that I will use. One of them is youtube. The other one is ...*Internet shuts down?
        sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

GateWorld sits down with the cast of SG-1 for a look at their final year!
          By: Daniel Shea
          After sixteen years, 336 episodes, and countless hours of adventures, Stargate SG-1 is finally coming to an end, and what an end the cast promises it to be! We recently had the opportunity to interview the major players in the show's final season, and they all seem more excited than ever to get the show rolling and give the fans one last hurrah. Claudia Black (Vala Mal Doran) has said that "It's not quite like past seasons; the opening episode doesn't introduce some new superbaddie or kill one off or anything like that, it just sets the tone and gets things moving." In agreement, co-star Michael Shanks (Dr. Daniel Jackson) added that the premiere is "so weird" to him, in large part because it's such a departure from the past formula. "At the conclusion, you haven't met another enemy or anything, it just gets some basic plot elements in line for future episodes," he explained, "It's not that it's a dull installment or anything, it's just not your typical season premiere."

In regards to the overall season arc, actress Reiko Aylesworth (Dr. Danielle Talbot) revealed that she takes a much more visible role, a return to prominence after her character took a backseat through much of Season 15's redemption-focused story. "In S15, Talbot kind of just stood on the sides and cheered everyone else on," she said, laughing, "It was all about the survival of humanity, and she just popped in once and a while as she organized a temporary government, but that's about it." On her expanded role in the upcoming season, though, she commented that Danielle "returns to the political field, but not for Earth." This time around, her efforts are focused back on her dream first touched on in Season 14 of expanding the Alliance of Great Races to an interstellar governing body. "All throughout the twenty-odd episodes, you have SG-1 fighting the Aschen, rooting out the remaining Der'kal, rebuilding Earth, etc. But at the end of the day, the main thread that keeps coming back is Talbot and the Alliance, and the Pandora's Box of trouble she gets herself into while trying to knit the Milky Way into a cohesive being."

"The characters really come into their own this time," _____ ______, who pays Maj. Rebbecca Eaton, said. "You start to see the paths that they'll take when the show ends, you know? What they'll be doing years from now, the seeds of that begin to show up now." Building off her comment, Ben Browder (Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell) said that he found himself really feeling the same raw emotions he was portraying, especially in one episode that really pushes Mitchell to the brink of what he can take. "He's always been this strong guy, masking his fear through this can-do-cowboy attitude, but something in him broke a little while he was being tortured all that time after he crashed in Paris during the big battle for Earth," he explained, "And he's really wondering, even after coming back to his job, if he's the reason we lost that fight. It haunts him."

And chipping in last, Amanda Tapping (Col. Samantha Carter) spoke on her own character's development over the past few years, trading leadership of the SG-1 team for her dark, brooding admiral role in Season 15, when she literally lost her humanity on a vengeful crusade against the Der'kal. "That part of her that snapped, having Jack [O'Neill] back in her life helped to heal it a bit," she said, "but now she's accepting that she has a new purpose in life; not to work in the lab or lead a team on the field, but to sit in the chair of her battlecruiser and strike out to protect humanity on a larger scale. Sam feels, like Cameron, that it was her fault that Earth fell to the enemy, and she's determined to make it all right." That said, Tapping added that Carter is still the brainy, beautiful woman she's always been, and there will be one episode in particular that really brings out of the old Sam, an experience she said was like "stepping back to the old days" of the first season.

Over the past few seasons, SG-1 has seen its fair share of changes, and arguable the most dramatic moments in the entire franchise. But at its core, the show has always been about little more than the wonders of the galaxy from a human perspective, and Season 16 promises to get back to that. "The final episode," Shanks said, pausing to think, "is perfection. The final scene we leave the audience with reminds you of the incredible journey you've come with us for, and I hope everyone sees it and realizes, as we did, that this has been the adventure of a lifetime."

The final season of Stargate SG-1 is set to premiere within a week.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Cool. I am looking forward to it.

Dr. D

P. S. Your stories should be the ones on T.V. The pilot for Universe was awful in my opinion. It crammed almost all the information into 20 minutes and spent the next hour in "character moments." Watching paint dry would have been more interesting than those "character moments."
            God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
            Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
              Cool. I am looking forward to it.

Dr. D

P. S. Your stories should be the ones on T.V. The pilot for Universe was awful in my opinion. It crammed almost all the information into 20 minutes and spent the next hour in "character moments." Watching paint dry would have been more interesting than those "character moments."
              Awful? Really? I vastly preferred it to "Children of the Gods" and it tied "Rising" for me. Besides, the show is about the people trying to survive, and for me, that's getting back to basics; early Stargate was about the team, not the explosions and spaceships, and I'm glad to see the focus shifting back to that.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                Awful? Really? I vastly preferred it to "Children of the Gods" and it tied "Rising" for me. Besides, the show is about the people trying to survive, and for me, that's getting back to basics; early Stargate was about the team, not the explosions and spaceships, and I'm glad to see the focus shifting back to that.
                Yes it was awful. I have no problem with the show being about the team but spending an hour on "character moments" is a bit overboard. It made it unrealistic and monotonous.
                Spoiler:
                The life support is not working but everyone is sitting around moping rather than trying to fix it. Also the flashbacks were poorly done and the sex scene lasted longer than the space battle.
                I agree that Stargate is not just about explosions and spaceships but they are an intergral part. They make the show entertaining.

Dr. D
                God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I agree that Stargate is not just about explosions and spaceships but they are an intergral part. They make the show entertaining.
                  that is BS. stargate did not need explosions to make it interesting. yes, in the end it was integral because the plot started to suck. the only reason i'll ever watch EATG again, is for the visuals. BAMSR too. atlantis was too much of an action in the end.

i'm still watching it. but i can already say, this is the stargate i have been waiting for.

regarding the life support: do you happen to have any knowledge on how to fix the lifesupport? i dont. i require lots of water and DC current, but water is scarce. so that will not help. calcium hydroxide can work, but do you have any?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    that is BS. stargate did not need explosions to make it interesting. yes, in the end it was integral because the plot started to suck. the only reason i'll ever watch EATG again, is for the visuals. BAMSR too. atlantis was too much of an action in the end.

i'm still watching it. but i can already say, this is the stargate i have been waiting for.

regarding the life support: do you happen to have any knowledge on how to fix the lifesupport? i dont. i require lots of water and DC current, but water is scarce. so that will not help. calcium hydroxide can work, but do you have any?
                    I agree with you completely!
                    sigpic

Comment

I liked the first episode, but if the rest of the season is like this, we're going to have the battlestar galactica of stargate on our hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Fettucchini View Post
                        I liked the first episode, but if the rest of the season is like this, we're going to have the battlestar galactica of stargate on our hands.
                        See, that's what I don't get; I watched BSG for all four seasons, and this show is nothing like it. In Battlestar, there was this sense of complete hopelessness from Day 1, whereas in SGU, the characters are refusing to give in to their fears. Also, Galactica had far more than a 10 second sex scene in its pilot (gratuitous as I found this one), so it's not "Sex in Space" like some people claim. And finally, I mean, come on... so it's a bit darker than normal and no one's running around making jokes in the bad guy's faces and getting away with it. Is a little more realism really that bad?

Comment

I agree. SGU has the one thing BSG was always just missing: hope.
                          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                            Exactly! By the way, where have you been lately, Mcoy? I haven't seen you around in a while.

Comment

So when are you posting the next eppy? I believe within the next few days, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                                Uhhhh... where did you see hope? Besides from that incredibly enticing desert planet. The only thing I saw was that they all believed they could get home, except for Dr. Rush. Although I'm sure that there will eventually be hope and all that jazz.

Right now they are a) stuck on a ship b) stuck on an old ship with a bunch of problems c) outta food and supplies d)looking for a way to Earth e) having a bunch of flashbacks. That just made me think of BSG

Comment

Working...
                                X