No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did they find the second if it had no black hole? That's what they were monitoring for, after all.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Sounds daring s09!

And SG-18.
      I said the exact same thing earlier...
      The ancient hyperdrives in thoose age could have been like the Goa'ulds hyperdrive
      sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

I agree with Rasunda. The Ancient hyperdrives were not as fast when they left the Ori Galaxy. However, given that the Ori needed to use a Supergate to get here I believe that their galaxy is at least years away at our hyperdrive speed.

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
        Spoiler:
        Yes, I agree with you. My comment wasn't based on personal offense - how could I take offense at the truth when the Lord Jesus Christ has said he is truth? - but was rather a warning. in our post-modern culture, when you say "terrible things have been done in the name of religion," people will hear that, and nod and say to themselves "yes, religion is evil!" I know that's not what you said, and in this instance I sincerely believe it's not what you meant; I'm saying that's what people hear. You may protest that you followed with "it does have its fair share of good, too," but people won't hear that. It'll be drowned out by the sound of their cultural preconceptions chowing down on new fodder. (The words "fair share" and "too" don't help either.)

Secondly, my objection was not to the "religions have caused terrible things," as such, but mainly to reference to the Crusade(s). The Crusades are quite possibly the most misrepresented historical events in modern time. Most people don't even know why they were fighting. Now, I could launch at this point into a detailed summary (and rebuttal) of Crusade history, but I'm sure you'd rather I didn't in this thread. So then, suffice to say that the Ori "crusade" bears little-to-no resemblance to the actual Crusades, politically or motivationally (the Crusades were not proselytory). In fact, they bear much more in common with the thousand year Jihad, but I know we must be sensitive with that word nowadays.

In conclusion, I'd just like to say that the above commentary in no way infringes on my enjoyment of your writing. I simply like to warn people when I'm able. Keep up the excellent work!
        Quite correct Mcoy.

Dr. D
        God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
        Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Yes, I agree with you. My comment wasn't based on personal offense - how could I take offense at the truth when the Lord Jesus Christ has said he is truth? - but was rather a warning. in our post-modern culture, when you say "terrible things have been done in the name of religion," people will hear that, and nod and say to themselves "yes, religion is evil!" I know that's not what you said, and in this instance I sincerely believe it's not what you meant; I'm saying that's what people hear. You may protest that you followed with "it does have its fair share of good, too," but people won't hear that. It'll be drowned out by the sound of their cultural preconceptions chowing down on new fodder. (The words "fair share" and "too" don't help either.)

Secondly, my objection was not to the "religions have caused terrible things," as such, but mainly to reference to the Crusade(s). The Crusades are quite possibly the most misrepresented historical events in modern time. Most people don't even know why they were fighting. Now, I could launch at this point into a detailed summary (and rebuttal) of Crusade history, but I'm sure you'd rather I didn't in this thread. So then, suffice to say that the Ori "crusade" bears little-to-no resemblance to the actual Crusades, politically or motivationally (the Crusades were not proselytory). In fact, they bear much more in common with the thousand year Jihad, but I know we must be sensitive with that word nowadays.

In conclusion, I'd just like to say that the above commentary in no way infringes on my enjoyment of your writing. I simply like to warn people when I'm able. Keep up the excellent work!
          Mitchell's point was to contrast the Ori followers' crusade with that of the people of Earth, to show Vala that just because you do something like that for your god doesn't make you evil; she would hardly think to call the Tau'ri mass-murdering monsters, after all.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Just saying, it's apt to be misconstrued.
            sigpic

Comment

Dearest allies, and Teal'c is in. Don't kill Teal'c! or the Jaffa! Kill someone else! Lya, the Nox, urr who else is in the alliance? the Tok'ra! I would say the Venii but they aren't really our dearest allies.
              Well, the episode description says that this ally is going to risk it all, not necessarily sacrifice him/herself. If it's Teal'c, how often have he risked everything?

Comment

The state of the galaxy as of the episode "Desperate Times":

Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Wow, if the Venii were to allow the alliance access to their Relay network, they could come out and hit the Der'Kal right in the rear where their more vulnerable.

Comment

yes..

the other end of the Virgo supercluster takes the deadalus 3 years to reach

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      Wow, if the Venii were to allow the alliance access to their Relay network, they could come out and hit the Der'Kal right in the rear where their more vulnerable.
                      If I actually put in all the dozens of relay sites, they'd actually allow the Alliance to hit practically anywhere in the galaxy whenever they wanted. But putting in all those dots would probably drive me to suicide xD

Comment

Hey s09. Great work so far. Have you decided yet if you're going to write another season of Sg-1 yet or are you going to work an Atlantis after this season is finished. (Hopefully you won't just retire after this season is over, that would be sad.)

Comment

How did they find the second if it had no black hole? That's what they were monitoring for, after all.
                          the second (if you mean in each Head) was created by sinking the planet to a singularity creating the BH.

if you mean where did they find the second one that the crusade started on then...i have no idea. they couldn't have sent ships through if it was powere by a BH...guess they use their equivalent to ZPMs.

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          If I actually put in all the dozens of relay sites, they'd actually allow the Alliance to hit practically anywhere in the galaxy whenever they wanted. But putting in all those dots would probably drive me to suicide xD
                          don't do it yet then. do it when you have finished with this. then you can do it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                            if you mean where did they find the second one that the crusade started on then...i have no idea. they couldn't have sent ships through if it was powere by a BH...guess they use their equivalent to ZPMs.
                            The black hole wouldn't be right next to it. Just near enough to power it.
                            sigpic

Comment

The black hole wouldn't be right next to it. Just near enough to power it.
                              Um... yes it would be right next to it. You watched "Beachhead," right? The singularity would have been directly behind the Supergate, and we have no reason to assume it would drastically different for the second one. But either way, we got a 360 degree view of the area near the second one during the battle, and what did we see? Nothing. And since black holes are made visible for us in Stargate, it can be assumed that there wasn't one nearby.

Comment

where is anise?
                                Continuing Stargate
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50813

Stargate Universal Sin

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67861

Stargate Dark Frontier
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71213

Uttara Kuru- Afterimage (proper theme for stargate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPYc1boma8

Comment

Working...
                                X