No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys, as I am most likely the oldest posting on this thread (and probably the oldest on the forum) a peice of advice. Whilst I totally agree we've had enough of the boozy stories now, we're getting way off topic.
    It was fun, but yes, the younger ones will be turned off by all this. (Though drunk stories can be very funny) Let's get back to the thread, god I've almost forgotten what it was.
    Now my advice. Go out, have fun, but if you must drink, do so in moderation, because in hindsight (and I've got a lot of that, check my profile), when I look back on my wild and crazy Navy days, I feel like a total jerk. Not good. The best fun I had when I was younger, was when I wasn't drunk and just enjoyed the company of friends and family, doing prehaps at times, stupid things, but NO booze. (Like doing burnouts in front of the local Diner at 2 am, until the cops come, then you all tear off in a thousand directions, and the Boy's in blue just shake their heads in dismissal).
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

maybe s09's pc is broken... again

hope not
      check my story's:
      Battlestar group 16
      and Under Siege
      and respond at:
      Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
      my newest story:
      TFS Ticonderoga
      and respond at:
      TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

It shouldnt matter to you guys how long it takes s09 to get out the next episode. yes they are enjoyable to read, but he is not getting paid to write, and its summer time so there are plenty of better things he could be doing right now. dont u guys think you should find something to do while the weather is actually nice?

And i no that some of you are against getting drunk, but that is just because you are too young to have tried it, although i had my first beer when i was 12 and my first hangover when i was 14 so maybe ur not too young. alcohol helps you forget your problems, even if it is only temporary, like for the night. It does feel good to get drunk with your friends and laugh at each others stupidity. makes for some real fun times.
        sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by cuttingedgex23 View Post
          It shouldnt matter to you guys how long it takes s09 to get out the next episode. yes they are enjoyable to read, but he is not getting paid to write, and its summer time so there are plenty of better things he could be doing right now. dont u guys think you should find something to do while the weather is actually nice?

And i no that some of you are against getting drunk, but that is just because you are too young to have tried it, although i had my first beer when i was 12 and my first hangover when i was 14 so maybe ur not too young. alcohol helps you forget your problems, even if it is only temporary, like for the night. It does feel good to get drunk with your friends and laugh at each others stupidity. makes for some real fun times.

Talk to me when you get to my age. I't no fun to see a group of young guys turn up for duty after a night out and your ship is under sailing orders and these guys just screw everything up for everybody else, and can't pull their weight. Like I said, booze is fine in moderation, there are better things to do with your life than getting wiped out on grog (or other things).
          As for doing something while the weather is nice? God's man what planet are you on. Not all of us live in the Northern Hemisphere, it's currently 11 deg C here in Sydney, and though we don't get winters like you in Europe or North America, it's uncomfortable enough if you have to work in a non aircon environment. Not all of us forum members are school kids, some of us actually work.

Comment

I agree with you pjOZ.

Comment

same.

but im still guna get drunk cause im not enlisting for another 2 years
              sigpic

Comment

lol

Just be careful when you do get drunk when you join.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                  Talk to me when you get to my age. I't no fun to see a group of young guys turn up for duty after a night out and your ship is under sailing orders and these guys just screw everything up for everybody else, and can't pull their weight. Like I said, booze is fine in moderation, there are better things to do with your life than getting wiped out on grog (or other things).
                  Is that really the alcohol's fault or the sailor's?

Comment

That's my point. The bottle or can can't help what gets done to it, it's the idiot holding it who's responsible.

Comment

which i'm no idiot. at first i tried to get drunk but i have too strong a metabolism for it to be quick. so now i just have social drinks.

but my first aid skills and sobernes have comeine handy in more than one occasion lemme tell yo that
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                        which i'm no idiot. at first i tried to get drunk but i have too strong a metabolism for it to be quick. so now i just have social drinks.

but my first aid skills and sobernes have comeine handy in more than one occasion lemme tell yo that
                        Take it from me Thor, no matter how good your metabolism is, I could get you ****faced in less than ten minutes. If you haven't done it, you ain't really tried. Now lets forget about the boozy stories kids, it getting boring.

New thread. I'm not perfect and I realise we are from different backgrounds and countries, but when you post, try at least to use the little 'abc' spell checker in the top right hand corner.

Re-done
                        I'm not an idiot. At first I tried to get drunk but, I have a very strong metabolism for it to be quick. So now I just settle for social drinks.

But my first aid skills and soberness have come in handy on more than one occasion let me tell you that.

Comment

give me a break it was late and i was tired
                          sigpic

Comment

Now lets forget about the boozy stories kids, it getting boring.
                            I totally agree.

Dr. D
                            God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                            Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Re-done
                              I'm not an idiot. At first I tried to get drunk but, I have a very strong metabolism for it to be quick. So now I just settle for social drinks.

But my first aid skills and soberness have come in handy on more than one occasion let me tell you that.
                              Re-re-done
                              I'm not an idiot. At first I tried to get drunk (comma optional here) but I have a very strong metabolism for it to happen quickly. Now I just settle for social drinks.

However let me tell you that my first aid and soberness skills have come in handy on more than one occasion.

Comment

either you have a metabolism disease/ anomaly or you dont drink fast enough

Comment

Working...
                                X