This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News Update for SG:AN

- The number of full time staff has now doubled to two, as a long time friend of mine (also a major fan of Stargate and has a lot of experience writing scripts for plays) has said she will contribute to the series, both her ideas and for scripts. Her name is Sarah Walters, and has shown me a few of her scripts she has written recently (including a great parody of the Da Vinci Code).

- Not only is she on board, but I have received PMs from Oranos, Lt Colonel Ryu Gaia, and from The Shadow to be a part of the series. Anyone else that would like some part of it (including a mention on the website - Wooo!!), please get in touch with me (and if possible, real names included, but not necessary).

- As of the 2nd of June, I will be going ahead with finishing the first two part episode opener titled "The Journey". By then, I will have finished my exams and will have four months off to work on Stargate Andromeda, where I hope to get at least the first half of the series completed (and more, of course). The first draft will be released to a select few, including those that want to get involved further, to make notes on the script for further editting.

- I am still toying with the idea of putting up the cast list onto the website, but might leave it until the first half of the season is being released before putting them up.

(Sorry for the double post)

Comment

Don't worry too much about the double post thing, as long as you actually have something meaningful to say, and it's not just a pointless bump, it's not an offense.

Anyway, yeah. Whee! I'm involved.

Comment

Ok SG:AN fans, today, my last exam was completed, and now I have several months off ready to write and get Stargate Andromeda up and running for a good while. I will get back to writing the first episode "The Journey", and get that out to everyone that wanted to read and edit.

Comment

Thats great, i cant wait to read it ( if i get a look )
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

It's not a complaint, as such, but to me the basic starting point sounds a little too much like Atlantis - "going off to another galaxy to find some big fancy weapons to beat the bad guys" (although the civil war sounds cool). Maybe you could try to put a different spin on it.

Comment

Ah, yes, I see what you mean. The blurb ( I'm guessing that's the right thing to call it) was written before I had actually written any of the first script, and was just from the basic stuff I had written down. Essentially, the reason for going to this new place isn't to find weapons to protect Earth, and in fact is something different, which everyone will see once it is done.

Short version, I should really update the blurb

Comment

Do i know about the reason? i think i do...the 'teaser' stuff?? right...
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Yeah, the teaser stuff.

Comment

I'm intrigued...
                    If I ever have any story ideas, I'll mention it. Probably won't be writing scripts, though - not exactly my forté...

Comment

That is totally ok Naonak, any contribution is good contribution.

Comment

This has really gotten almost most of the major SG virtual series so far for contributers. So I'll throw my hat in as well from Stargate Nexus. I wouldn't mind writing a script or two for you. Btw nice idea and I'm sending you a PM after I post this.

Thanks Sandyer-Jern
                        I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

Yeah, it does seem alot of people are interested in the project, which is great, I coul have only dreamt that it would have got so much support over the last month or so.

Like I said to the others sandyer, I'll get the first two part opening episode done, before sending it out to everyone that was interested to read the first draft. Then, if you like what you see, then I will give you all the notes I have written down about what episodes there will be, along with the notes on the characters.

(Also, the first episode is taking longer than expected, I can barely stay ten minutes in my room and on my computer without boiling in my own skin)

Comment

Don't worry all the people here pretty much now how hard it is to start a script. One you get the first act done then it will get really easy as you get to know how you will use each character better.

Comment

Oh, I've started it, infact I'm upto the fourth act I think. The trouble is, my computer is in my room, which gets incredibly hot in the day. Plus it doesn't help when the World Cup is on aswell.

Comment

Oh right.
                                World Cup+ you being from England= major soccer (I mean foot ball) fanatic most likely

Comment

Working...
                                X