This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    I looked up the transcript, but apparently I imagined the sex of Jack's supposed sibling.

YOUNG JACK
    Yeah, Harlan Beck. You served in Operation Proven Force out of Incirlik, right?
    BECK
    Yeah, during the Gulf. How'd you know that, kid?
    YOUNG JACK
    What? Are you kidding? I ran—
    (He stops himself as he sees the questioning look on Beck's face. He scratches his cheek and tries another tack)
    I mean, uh, my uncle knew a Lt. Beck from the war. Yeah, said he was a stand up guy. Flew an AC-130 gunship over Baghdad.
    HARLAN
    Well, then, you're uncle had to be in the Special Ops.
    YOUNG JACK
    Yeah, he was. Colonel Jack O'Neill?
    BECK
    You're Jack O'Neill's nephew? I didn't know he had a sibling.
    YOUNG JACK
    Well, used to. Uh, yeah, Uncle Jack's been like a father to me. You know, since my folks died.
    Thanks, fems! Above & beyond, that is. This transcript has got my BS detector's bells going wild, though. I think that was when Jack kept getting younger & younger for some unremembered reason. I very vaguely remember the ep now, seeing the transcript. I'm gonna go with Jack being the last of his family. Since it is fan fic, I could always introduce a "love child" sibling or offspring, but I'm not sure I want to go that route. Hmmm... You've given me a lot to think about.

ETA: Duh, you said it was Jack's clone, so disregard my "memory" of the ep.

ETA2: LOOK! I'M A CAPTAIN NOW!
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Okay, I never watched the last couple of seasons, nor SGA and SGU. Did Jack actually marry Sam on the show, or is this speculation? I was always under the impression that it never actually is 100% confirmed to have occurred in canon.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
        Okay, I never watched the last couple of seasons, nor SGA and SGU. Did Jack actually marry Sam on the show, or is this speculation? I was always under the impression that it never actually is 100% confirmed to have occurred in canon.
        It never was 100% confirmed.

I won't go into my speculation in this venue (but I don't have to -you know where I stand on this).
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

there had never been a mention of jack's family. and i interpret that stuff about his uncle being BS to cover his slip.

sam has an uncle, Irving...who seems to be quite a character (he's mentioned in Urgo as being kinda like Urgo)
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
            It never was 100% confirmed.

I won't go into my speculation in this venue (but I don't have to -you know where I stand on this).
            Sure, and it's no problem. I just wanted to clarify what was canon and what was not, since it appeared to me that Whytewytch was seeking canon material.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Yeah well, Sam and Jack aren't the base commanders so I figured that info didn't have to be necessarily canon It's never been shown/told in the show that they're married, no.

And yeah, I totally forgot about Sam's uncle Irvin.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Jack was the base commander for a while, though.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Yeah well, Sam and Jack aren't the base commanders so I figured that info didn't have to be necessarily canon It's never been shown/told in the show that they're married, no. And yeah, I totally forgot about Sam's uncle Irvin.
                  I love the idea of Sam's Uncle Irving...has anyone written him into fic? I wonder if he is Jacob's brother or her mom's brother?

Wouldn't that be a kicker if he's Jacob's brother? He seems like a polar opposite to Jacob.
                  *thinks about incorporating him into fic*
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                    Jack was the base commander for a while, though.
                    True, but only Hammond and Landry were mentioned. I figured they were the important ones and Jack fell under the etcetera; if he was important he should have been mentioned between Hammond and Landry, in my opinion.
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I've always been under the impression that Irving is jacob's brother, but that's my fanon interpretation. I think just because it'd be great to have stiff as a board jacob with a free spirit for a brother.

sigpic

Comment

True, but only Hammond and Landry were mentioned. I figured they were the important ones and Jack fell under the etcetera; if he was important he should have been mentioned between Hammond and Landry, in my opinion.
                        She was asking about base commanders, and mentioned two; the etcetera seemed to be there to avoid typing a longer sentence.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          I've always been under the impression that Irving is jacob's brother, but that's my fanon interpretation. I think just because it'd be great to have stiff as a board jacob with a free spirit for a brother.
                          I think it was the brother of Sam's mother. It makes it easier to explain why she only mentions him once, it's easier to lose contact after her death than Jacob just not keeping in touch with his own brother. Considering Selmak nagged him about Mark, I'd assume she'd do something similar if Jacob had more siblings.
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I think it was the brother of Sam's mother. It makes it easier to explain why she only mentions him once, it's easier to lose contact after her death than Jacob just not keeping in touch with his own brother. Considering Selmak nagged him about Mark, I'd assume she'd do something similar if Jacob had more siblings.
                            That makes a certain amount of sense. And for ficcers, it still sets the stage for possible interactions between Jacob and his free-spirit brother-in-law, either in flashback to Sam's childhood years, or later on. Also, might it indicate that Sam's mother herself was something of a free spirit who balanced Jacob during their marriage?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Irving could have also died years ago, thus explaining his lack of mention before. or he could have not been a blood uncle but a good friend of jacob's that set himself up to be 'uncle' to two orphaned kids.

with nothing more than the line in the episode
                              TEAL'C: If we are to remain in the service of this world, Urgo
                              must
                              be removed.

URGO: Sam. Sammy. You like me. I remind you of your Uncle Irving.
                              Bubelah! [pop] Remember?

CARTER: Yeah, I guess you do a little.

O'NEILL: Carter.

CARTER: Sorry. Sorry…. I guess I say we go.

sigpic

Comment

You're missing a commander! Mind you, he commanded for less than a whole episode and there was certainly no mention of any of family for him whatsoever.

General Bauer, who crashed and burned at the SGC.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X