Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, ok. Obviously my memory is playing tricks on me.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      Am I misremembering things?

I could've sworn that in an early ep of SG-1, Daniel mentions that something in the DHD translates alien languages for you if you've been through the Stargate a few times.
      AFAIK the only sci-fi device that translate languages once you've traveled through it is the TARDIS.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
        AFAIK the only sci-fi device that translate languages once you've traveled through it is the TARDIS.
        HAHA, I was just thinking that .
        sigpic
        McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
        Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
        ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
          The gate is a TARDIS!?!?!?!
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Maybe everyone in the SGC has been implanted with a 'Babel Fish'...?
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
              Actually, I've been wanting to use that in a fic as a throwaway gag for years.

Ending a chapter with one character asking another - "Why have you got a fish in your ear?"
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I have to admit that I try to get genre references into my pieces of work.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I do it all the time, mainly just to be sure that my audience is paying attention.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                    I don't know what that means.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I don't know what that means.
                      Here you go: The Babel Fish
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

AH, Babel fish, that's where it's from, I recognised it but couldn't remember where it was from. At first I thought it was from Doctor Who. Yeah, you could totally use those as a possible explanation.
                        sigpic
                        McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
                        Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
                        ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Just imagining a crossover fic here, and Jack's reaction to being told to put a fish in his ear!

Cate
                          sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

hillarious ^^ *tear up laughing*

sorry, but the thought of Jack being his typical self in this situation is enough to get me to crack up laughing my ass off (my parents even called up here and asked what happened ^^)

so thank's for the best laugh today

greetings LAX

Comment

Yep, laughing's good, Lax, I kinda like it too!

Cate
                              sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

I'm in the early stages of working on a new story.
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X