2014 Stargate Chicago Creation Convention Aug 15-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
    About 2/3rds of the silver tickets are sold out.
    I bought one and it is disappointing to pay 300 bucks and not much is included. And I tried to buy photo ops but can't find where to do it. I wonder if that means they are sold out.

donamac (not crazy about creation cons--but it's the last one so I sprung for a ticket anyway.)

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
      *whispers* RDA, RDA, RDA oh please let it be RDA on Sunday!
      doubtful.I don't think RDA likes the commercial cons. he does cons to raise money for Sea Shepherd and other charities. But you never know. He will be at the Emerald City Comicon in Seattle.

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        You'd think they would do something as a nice memento of the last ever Stargate convention. The poster would have been a nice thing. That's disappointing.

I can't see anything about a cocktail party on the website. There's only the Karaoke party other than the Dessert Party, or I can't see for looking! I got the gold pass for the dessert party mainly as I've enjoyed the ones I've been to at the Vancouver cons. How yummy are the desserts at the Chicago one?

I think the only autograph I don't have yet is David Nykl's, I can get the complimentary photo op I got with him on the Atlantis set during the final set tour at Bridge Studios signed which will complete that nicely. Those were the days when you got some nice extra surprises at the cons!

It's great that Michael and Cliff are there as I can get the Michael and Cliff 'sandwich' photo op I have with both of them signed and we can all try and remember how long ago that was taken!
        Well I got a silver ticket as there were no more gold ones. Hope it is worth it.

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
          doubtful.I don't think RDA likes the commercial cons. he does cons to raise money for Sea Shepherd and other charities. But you never know. He will be at the Emerald City Comicon in Seattle.

donamac

Are you going?...we're flying up from LA to spend 5 nights up in Seattle...we had such a blast at ECCC last year with Michael and Lexa that as soon as RDA was announced we bought tickets immediately....can't wait to see him again....

I also agree with you....I very much doubt RDA will go to a Creation event - not enough emphasis on Sea Shepherd and charitable stuff imho...

Deeds xx
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I can totally understand how you feel - even with a Gold ticket I am not getting as many autographs as expected and things like the breakfast have been cancelled and the dessert party have been scaled back over the last few years, while prices have increased, including the premium for a front-row seat. Although I have to admit that prices for Creation's SG cons are not as crazy compared with their other cons.
            sigpic

Comment

I may have to settle for GA tix and picking either Sat or Sun...still not convinced to shell out the $.
              sigpic

----------
              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Donamac;

Just go to the same page you used to pick your ticket, scroll down some and you'll see choices for autographs and photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                  I can totally understand how you feel - even with a Gold ticket I am not getting as many autographs as expected and things like the breakfast have been cancelled and the dessert party have been scaled back over the last few years, while prices have increased, including the premium for a front-row seat. Although I have to admit that prices for Creation's SG cons are not as crazy compared with their other cons.
                  *cough* SPN Cons *cough*
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                    I bought one and it is disappointing to pay 300 bucks and not much is included. And I tried to buy photo ops but can't find where to do it. I wonder if that means they are sold out.

donamac (not crazy about creation cons--but it's the last one so I sprung for a ticket anyway.)
                    I'd wait and buy photo ops at the con - I've never known them to sell out, plus you save Creation's ridiculous shipping and handling fee.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! It's been a few years since I've been to Chicon, but we had a blast in 2007 with a great group that we met here on Gateworld so I'm hoping that can happen again! Anyone here that was there in '07?

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                        Teryl Rothery has been added to the guest list! And she'll be there Saturday and Sunday.
                        Great news! I have always wanted to meet her!
                        sigpic

Comment

Gary Jones is now on the guest list.

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgchi.htm
                          John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
                          sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
                          Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                            Gary Jones is now on the guest list.

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgchi.htm
                            He was enjoyable last year

Comment

Who's Gary Jones?
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                Who's Gary Jones?
                                Walter in SG-1.
                                John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
                                sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
                                Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Working...
                                X