Shore Leave 36 Aug 1-3 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem!

Wasn't it a couple of years ago that Kess said she'd been trying to pin down a "pie in the sky" guest, and we were all speculating it was RDA? Glad she got him for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by kimberlyrose View Post
      No problem!

Wasn't it a couple of years ago that Kess said she'd been trying to pin down a "pie in the sky" guest, and we were all speculating it was RDA? Glad she got him for this year.
      Kett! And I guess so. Aren't we lucky?
      sigpic

Comment

got the email about RDA

Comment

Erg. Yes, Kett, not Kess. Sorry, Kett, if you're reading--nothing personal, I really stink at remembering names.

Comment

Is so stoked about RDA coming to the con. Is still hoping for Joe as well.
            Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Bought mine and my mom's seat for RDA on Saturday! So excited to see him again. I already have a photo op and autograph. VeryAngryStargateFan and I are going to do an photo op with him together. I am going to wear my Dr. Danielle Jackson of SG-1 costume for it!

Comment

I am bringing my Stargate magazine with SG-1 on the cover. AT, MS, and CJ already signed it. Now RDA Then it will be framed!

I was hoping for Joe F this year and would have been a happy camper. When I learned that RDA was coming I was ecstatic! I still hope for Joe.
                sigpic

Comment

I passed along the SL 36 guest news to Darren via Skydiver so it will be posted on the Con thread for the general GW population. Hope to see more GWers at this con. I remember in 2006 that Amanda drew a big GW contingent. It was great fun to meet folks that I otherwise only know through GW.
                  sigpic

Comment

There will be stargate fans out in force for Shore Leave this year! It will be the 20th Anniversary of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
                      There will be stargate fans out in force for Shore Leave this year! It will be the 20th Anniversary of Stargate!
                      I had to check dates and realized that this is the 20th anniversary of Stargate the Movie. I remember seeing The Movie when it was released in 1994. I thought it was OK but it did not lead me to watch the TV series. I was an avid fan of other shows and Lord of the Rings at that time.

After the release of LotR Return of the King in late 2003, I was needing something new and that's when I discovered Stargate SG-1. The chemistry of the team was compelling and RDA was a far better Jack O'Neill than The Movie version. I regret not "discovering" this show earlier.
                      sigpic

Comment

New Guests!!!

Silas Weir Mitchell
                        Grimm's Monroe; Prison Break's Charles 'Haywire' Patoshik; 24's Eli Stram

and
                        Michael Welch
                        The Twilight series' Mike Newton; SG1's Clone O'Neill; ST:Insurrection's Artim; Joan of Arcadia's Luke Girardi

Photo Opts Singles

Richard Dean Anderson ($85) Robert Picardo ($45)
                        Silas Weir Mitchell (45) Michael Welch ($45)

Combo Photo Opts
                        Richard Dean Anderson and Robert Picardo combo: $120
                        Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Welch combo: $110

All prices are per photo.

Comment

Still hoping for Joe
                          sigpic

Comment

So am I

Comment

VeryAngryStargateFan and I stayed overnight at the Hunt Valley Inn on Tuesday. Behind the front desk are boards showing the finishes and fabrics that will be used in the renovation that is starting this month. The person at the front desk said it would take a year to complete the renovation but the best thing is we are saying bye bye to the hideous carpet. The colors for the renovation are modern but more neutral. So I am hoping that they start with the convention area this month and work their way back through the rest of the hotel

Comment

Good news about the renovation. Now I'm hoping for more guest announcements. You'd think I'd be satisfied knowing RDA is coming but I want more guests!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X