Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not possible to put importance of Stargate to me into words. Well...I'll at least try.
    Thanks to Stargate I've met the best friends I have. That fact alone is...just HUGE life-changer. Besides that Stargate offers me great comfort whenever I need it. I just watch some of the episodes and I feel full of optimism again. Sometimes I just desperately need to watch it. It's like a drug to me. The best drug ever invented!

I could write on and on...but to sum it up. Let me quote Daniel Jackson from episode 8x19 - Moebius.
    Stargate "changed my life in more ways than I ever could have imagined."
    Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

Comment

It was a rather slow affect. I became a fan from the first time I watched an episode of SGA. After that I would look for it all over the television schedules. When our cable was turned off I would watch it on the free channels late at night. Eventually I began to buy seasons of the show, I actually bought my 5th season today. Then, the show changed my views on fandom, it made me believe that if you are a true fan you will love the object of your fadomonium no matter what form it takes because it is that. Now, a good six years later, I have branched off into Star Trek, Star Wars and Doctor Who, but Stargate will always be my home and Stargate Atlantis my living room.

Comment

I feel a bit silly saying this, but Stargate has really been one of the most important facets of my life for a very long time. I was a Stargate baby. I was only two when the film came out, and my father raised me on it and later on the television shows. It spawned my love of science fiction in general. It's how I bond with my father, and now with my brothers as well. It took awhile, but we managed to convert them.

I'm currently an art and make up student, and while that is positively killing my parents, I never would have realized my love for these things without Stargate. I definitely never would have thought about a future in it. I make prop and costume replicas, I sculpt, I make toys, I try out different alien make up prosthetics. Stargate has helped me to push myself as an artist and discover talents I never knew that I had, and I'm particularly thankful for that.

I've made some of my closest friends through a mutual interest in Stargate, too. Friends from all over the world. We're about as international as the Stargate program's expeditions, actually. We talk about Stargate, yeah, but we also found that we have so much more in common. We learn new things about each other and each other's home countries all the time. It's an exciting thing, and it's something else that Stargate has given me.

So, I'd really love to win the tickets. I'm not in any particular need of them, but my gosh would I love to win! haha Here's hoping I get lucky, or I may be forking over quite a pretty penny out of my own pocket. XD

Comment

How has Stargate affected my life?
          I have met and become very close friends with many people from all over the world because of Stargate. We met online and then met in person at various conventions. I have even discovered the most unlikely people at work who are Stargate fans.
          I remember reserving the television, in the shared common room, when living in a dorm while going to university. Soon after the first two episode there was a gather of dorm mates to watch a new episode every week. You could almost say that Stargate was the best part of going to university!

Comment

First off, i'll start by saying that i've never been to a stargate convention or any sci fi convention for that matter in my life, so I don't really know what i'm getting myself into haha. I've been following gateworld for sometime now, i've just never actually had an account oddly. So I finally made on tonight so I could respond to the question of how Stargate affected my life.

I'm only 20 years old but i've been watching Stargate for over 10 years. It started when I would drive down to our farm out in the country and watch SG-1 with my cousin. He got me into it around the time the second or third season was released, so around 2000. I started by watching every episode of SG-1 as the new seasons were released. The feeling of getting a new box set of SG-1 was so much fun.

Long story short, i've rewatched all of SG-1 several times, and Atlantis as well, and it's given me such a good view about life. The show, in my opinion was great to grow up on, because it gave me a sense of hope. I don't really know how to accurately describe the feeling, but I would have to say it changed me for the better. The characters and the story seemed very real to me. Almost as if Stargate could have actually been based on a true story. I've seen a lot of tv shows the past few years, but none of them compare to Stargate's inspiring effect on me as a child, and now as a young adult

Comment

Without Stargate I wouldn't have all (bar 1) of my friends. After falling in love with the characters I wrote a piece of fanfiction, which my now best friend reviewed. We got to talking, and 3 years later we met up - the fact she lives in America shows how the 'gate works on connecting us all .

We went to a convention last year and made some awesome new friends, and then it has just snowballed from there - FaceBook, Twitter, email, penpals.

Yeah, so second most important thing that has happened because of Stargate, my writing improved. First important? All my friends xx

Comment

When I was about 11 years old my dad passed away unexpectedly in 1997. I was really crushed emotionally as one could expect. My dad and I used to enjoy watching Star Trek and various types of science fiction shows. Then one day I was flipping though the channels and the show Stargate SG-1 was on.

Stargate really was a saving grace for me during that time and only continued to bring enjoyment for me throughout the years. I have seen every episode of every series and am just hoping and praying that the MGM decides to bring the franchise back in some form.

Thank you Stargate for the many years of enjoyment that you have provided me.

Comment

Stargate, and especially SG1 and Atlantis, has meant a great deal to me. It is a way to discover new worlds and civilizations through the members of SG1 and the other teams. As a family friendly show it is something my whole family can all enjoy. We own all of the DVDs for SG1 and Atlantis and watch them on a regular basis. It would be great to have a chance to meet the actors that feel like family to our family.

Comment

The best part of Stargate has been the amazing friendships I've made, friendships that have lasted even with the show's (unfortunate) demise. It has also buried me in videotapes, which I can't seem to part with (nobody wants VHS!), even though I have the series on DVD.

Comment

It was actually a very close friend that introduced me to Stargate, and although I've never been a fan science fiction I've come to likeStargate. It's not what i imagined a science fiction show being, it has a interesting way to have great stories and characters. It made me give hope for other science fiction shows to follow-suit!

Comment

Stargate was originally introduced to me by my best friend, and ever since, I've been hooked. I was participating in Stargate Rewatch and found myself going to fast through all of the seasons. I ended up finishing every single season again, for about the 3rd time way before Rewatch has ended. It hasn't even ended yet! I'm only 20, but I feel like Stargate has been part of my life since it started.

I truly hope that the show gets resurrected, and we get to see some more of this amazing series!

Comment

Stargate has made a fantastic impact on my life. I got hooked on SG-1 after it was only showing a few episodes here or there late at night. It had been running a few years but we didn't get the channel it was showing new episodes on and I was crushed. Fast forward a few years and Sci-fi Friday is in full swing. My college buddies of mine and my then new girlfriend would play poker and watch Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis back to back. In all those crazy college years, those nights watching stargate are still very fondly remembered. I've since gone on to marry that girl and have re-watched the series all the way through while travelling for work. There are few things in my life that bring a smile to my face quite the way that bringing an episode of stargate up and drifting away to that world can.

Comment

The Stargate fandom opened a whole world of science fiction love I never thought I'd know. I only got into Stargate a couple years back (I knew the movie long before however) but I plowed though SG1 and SGA within a very short amount of time and I got all five seasons of SGA before I'd even finished watching it!

My favorite character is Todd the Wraith, I love him so much that I even had a plush maker I know make one of him for me! http://pheleon.deviantart.com/art/Dr...Todd-277595907 And while Christopher Heyerdahl won't be attending the convention, I wouldn't miss seeing any of the SG1 and SGA crew if I could help it.

I love the amount of mythology and culture and fun the series brought and its always depressing to think that there won't be any more.

I rewatch it all as often as I can, even managed to hook my parents and sister into it and its hard imagine life before I stepped through the gate C:

Comment

Stargate? Oh, nothing...nothing at all. My life has not been changed in any way by Stargate. I just hold StarGate Fan parties, act as con agent to very cool Stargate actors, write for WormholeRiders....Nope, no change whatsoever.
                              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Love, friendship, loyalty and support......from the wonderful true lifelong friends I made through Stargate and Conventions....that's all I have, had or ever will, need...

Deeds xx
                                Last edited by discodiva; 04 June 2012, 01:25 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                                X