Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Through Stargate, I have found some awesome friends that I would never have found with out the gate.
    sigpic

Comment

stargate has effected my life in that it was the stepping stone for me to get into many different shows. it also has got me through tough times. the adventures in the shows, allowed me to escape from reality.
      sigpic

Comment

How has Stargate affected my lift? By ruining all TV for me. After 10 fantastic season of SG1 and 2 amazing SG1 movies nothing else comes close to comparing.

Comment

Besides being entertaining, it has made me think about history and our future, exactly what good science fiction should do!

Comment

My cousin, Lisa, who lives in Buffalo, NY, and an avid Stargate fan, first introduced me to Stargate. It was during a very rough patch in her life-her dad (my uncle) had just passed away. It was nice to know that we could escape from such a devastating loss by going through the Stargate every week (along with Col. O'Neill, Daniel Jackson, Major Carter, and Teal'c). Our thanks to the series actors: Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tappiing, and Christopher Judge for making the journey for us a lot easier.

Comment

As a lifelong scifi fan (think Lost in Space, Land of Giants, Star Trek) I watched this series with my sons, now 21, 25 and 27. Friday night was scifi Friday in our house. The show was smart, funny, well-written with well developed likeable characters. I have gone to a few conventions myself, but given how close the Chicago Convention is to our home in Wisconsin, I could take one of the boys. We miss the Stargate franchise and SCIFI Fridays, but love to pop in a DVD and catch a few episodes when the sons are home. We avidly follow the actors from the series, loved Sanctuary (sadly it was cancelled) and looking forward to seeing Shanks in Saving Hope. Would love to attend this last convention.

Comment

Stargate has affected my life in more ways than I could imagine! It all started out when I was just 5 or 6 and my dad always watched it when it premiered on Sci-fi, and I always watched it for a little while then got scared and left. Until I was 13 and I really started to watch and love SG1, but never saw a single episode of Atlantis. I then saw one episode of Atlantis on Syfy and went to the store and by the end of that month owned all of the series, along with my dad having all of SG1 already. I then saw a episode of Universe and dismissed it because of the drama. I eventually ended up buying that entire series too and watching season 2 new when it premiered on Syfy. Since then I have gotten into shows like Sanctuary, Heroes, Legend of the Seeker, Andromeda, and BattleStar Galactica. And none of that would have happened if Stargate SG1 never got me into sci-fi!

Comment

Stargate has quite literally saved my life. I started watching when I was 11 and Stargate became my haven. Home was not safe or happy and when I was 18 because of various events in my life I was ready to commit suicide, but Stargate, the characters, actors, writers, directors, etc, encouraged me to go on (there were also several caring friends to whom I must give credit)! I still struggle with a lot of things, and Stargate is still my safe place. I call my box of dvds my "baby". ; ) I hope that someday those involved in Stargate will know how much they have helped me. Thanks be to God for His gracious timing in introducing me to the show.

Comment

I came to the whole stargate world a bit late, not jumping on the band wagon until season 10. But don't worry, I have since gone back and bought all 10 seasons of SG1 as well as all the seasons of Atlantis! I've always loved sci fi shows, but for some reason stargate is my favorite. I am obsessed! My wife things it may be an unhealthy obsession, but I know better... My first son was just born about two months ago and I am already looking forward to introducing him to jack, daniel, sam, and teal'c. and yes, even jonas...

Comment

Stargate SG-1 is my number one TV show of all time. I made the time for 14 years to sit down and watch 10 season of SG-1, 5 season of Atlantis, and 2 seasons of Universe as they aired. I currently own every season on DVD or Blu-ray including the Movies. And every day I spend dreaming about reading the news of MGM bring back one of the series, starting a new Stargate series, or planning some more movies base off the series

Comment

Stargate has impacted my life by revealing my inner sci-fi fan. It introduced to a world where I fit in and am understood. Thank you Stargate.
                        "The last time I came face to face with myself, I ended up kicking my own ass."

Comment

Stargate opened me up to a world of creativity, in fanfic and fanart. It pushed me to get out of my comfort zone online. And has made things like writing a hobby.
                          Stargate is something that I shared with my brothers. We throw quotes around and laugh a lot together.
                          Stargate has also introduced me to the wonderfully crazy fans that I now call my friends.

Comment

My husband and I fell in love with a lot of help from Stargate. He introduced me to the show when we first met, 7 years ago. In the early stages of our relationship, we spent days in bed watching episode after episode of SG-1 and Atlantis. We own each and every episode of those two series and still watch them all the time. When SGU started, we included that in our line up as well.
                            Last year, for our first wedding anniversary, we treated each other to tickets to the Chicago convention, because our favorite Stargate actor, Christopher Judge, was going to be there. It was a great way to celebrate our anniversary with the show that really brought us together. Though we went for Chris, we fell in love with so many of the other actors that were there as well and had such an amazing weekend.
                            We'd love to spend our second anniversary doing the EXACT SAME THING! Celebrating our love for Stargate is synonymous with celebrating our love for each other and we couldn't imagine our life without these shows!

Comment

I liked the movie and I was glad when I heard that there would be a tv show. It was the first time that I was able to follow a show right from the start - via internet. The whole process boosted my creativity (writing, composing, painting); in 10 years of Stargate all the people involved seemed to be part of the family. I felt like being a part of it all. It felt like I finally belonged somewhere. I made new friends; I improved my html programming skills; I improved my English skills (second language). In 2000, I visited the city of Vancouver because of a Stargate convention (Gatecon) and I fell in love with the city. I am very sorry that Creation Entertainment made the decision to stop doing conventions in Vancouver. Never been to Chicago though...

Comment

Wow...reading over all of these ways Stargate have impacted people’s lives....it’s so amazing that a simple TV series can do so much.

I am currently heading into my Senior year at college and started watching Stargate when I was about 12 years old. I was introduced by a friend of the family after watching the original Stargate movie. I remembered watching the original movie with my father when I was much younger, but had no idea about the show that was created afterwards.

Because I started watching the show at a very young age I believe I was "molded" into a very open-minded young boy by watching Stargate. Watching many commentaries and extra features on the Stargate DVD's, many of the actors talk about how the show isn't just another science fiction show, it is a series about many problems faced by human-kind today and they address the many moral issues even though some are expressed with the teams’ interactions with aliens and other planets, they still bring to light many moral issues with today’s world. I believe it is the show Stargate that made me aware of them and have a new mindset when facing these issues.

So how has Stargate impacted my life? The creative approach to bringing many issues of what is right and wrong to do in a science fiction atmosphere has shaped me to be very open-minded and made me realize that I want to spend the rest of my life understanding others and helping them. One of my minors at college is Anthropology, I know for a fact this is based on Stargate. I find the study of people and how they interact extremely fascinating, it may be a little Dr. Jackson coming out in me. ? He was the first character I connected with right away. His geeky-ness lead me to wanting to be an Archaeologist. When I soon realized that wasn’t too probable, I decided to become an Anthropology Minor. Michael Shanks’ character is one that I truly admire, it’s fantastic he’s signed up for the Chicago Convenion!

I am from Southwest Michigan, so with the final Stargate convention in Chigago is very lucky for me so I would love the opportunity to be entered into a contest to get the best convention experience! It would not only be my first Stargate convention, but also the last chance to ever go to one.

Comment

Working...
                                X