• Show
Clear All

Wow you are fast, M! *runs off to read*

Comment

Will read later this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
        Wow you are fast, M! *runs off to read*
        Well it helped that I already had an idea of where I was going when I began it today.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

Ya lot made a thunk/whump challenge thread for my fave Scottis doc?!! *is uber excited* I'm a true blue whumper so this thread'll be perfect for whumping Carson. *rubs hands gleefully* I'll see what I can come up with. Woohoo!! }:O
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome, CRW! Yep, this thread is all about challenges related to thunking/whumping our favorite Scott!

Comment

YAY!!!! Glad you could join us, Crimson!

Comment

*scuffs toe in the dirt* Aw shucks guys thanks. I gotta question about the challenge...could I post my whumpy Carson chapter from a story I'm still writing (it's posted on Jason Momoa's fansite The Alpha Site)? Yup,I'm an equal opportunity whumper and Ronon just whumps so prettily (as does our fave Scottish doc). Woohoo!! }:O

P.S. I also enjoy whumping Radek too. hehe
                sigpic

Comment

I don't mind, but the current one is based on a pic Grace posted a page or two back. The next challenge starts at 3PM Mountain time on Sunday, Aug. 14th.

Btw, Grace, M said she'd take that challenge.

Comment

Thanks Ladygris. So should my ficlet be based on the episode (remember,fans were never told how or when Michael cloned Carson so I'm guessing when Michael captured Carson during whatever episode,he took samples of the "real" Carson Beckett)? *tries to shake off plot bunny,watches it latch onto my ankle* hehe }:O
                    sigpic

Comment

It can be based on the episode or simply use the pic as a spring-board. I'm three chapters into my story. I can tell a bit, if you'd like.

The challenges will change, though. They'll be writing/art challenges as two of us also like to Gimp. Sometimes a pic, sometimes a prompt, sometimes a theme, etc.

Comment

I'd love to hear (or read as the case may be) what you've come up with Ladygris. I like the idea of different kinds of challenges for our fave Scots doc...I'll do my best to participate or cheerlead or dangle Carson shaped cookies to encourage others to enjoy whumping/thunking Carson. Woohoo!! }:O
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm not finished, and the first chapter will be posted on Sunday. But the idea is.......

Spoiler:
                          I'm writing clone!Carson's time in Michael's custody. It'll time-lapse a lot, but there's emotional and physical whump involved. For example........

*Michael has brought a twenty year old young woman to Carson's cell*
                          Michael regarded Carson with calculating eyes. “I have learned something about you, Dr. Beckett.” The Wraith lifted his chin. “You care nothing for yourself. Your repeated attempts to escape, as well as your continued resistance to my terms, has given me no choice.” He pulled out a wicked-looking knife and pressed the tip to the girl's neck. A drop of blood appeared, and the girl's eyes filled with tears.

“No!” Carson surged to his feet, but two Wraith drones were there to hold him back.

Michael turned, not removing the knife from her neck. “What did you say, Dr. Beckett?”

Carson glared. “I'll not be party to your attempts to terrorize the humans of this galaxy.” He found the words and issued an ultimatum. “You'll have to kill me first.”

“You misunderstand me, Dr. Beckett.” Michael narrowed his eyes slightly. He moved quickly, and slipped the knife between the young lady's ribs. She fell to her knees as blood stained her once-beautiful gown. The Wraith calmly pulled the knife from her body and turned to face Carson. “You will do the research I have asked. Or, I will do this to another human tomorrow. And the next day. And every day you refuse.”

He took the two drones and left, locking the door behind him.

Carson stared at the young woman, who still had some life left. Ignoring the blood, he pulled off his Atlantis jacket and pressed it to her wound, carefully brushing her hair from her eyes. Blood dripped from the corner of her mouth, and he knew there was nothing he could do to help her.

“I'm so sorry, lass,” he whispered. Her hazel eyes found his, and she reached for his hand. Carson held it as she slipped from this world, and he held her gaze, trying to comfort her in spite of the tears in his own eyes. When the light in her eyes went out, he closed them and sat back on his heels to cry.

Comment

*sniff* Wow....that's really good! Can't wait for the rest.

Comment

Thank you.

Spoiler:
                              I figured the greater torture for Carson would not be physical torture himself, but to be prevented from helping someone else after they've been tortured. Hence, why I went the way I did.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                                Thank you.

Spoiler:
                                I figured the greater torture for Carson would not be physical torture himself, but to be prevented from helping someone else after they've been tortured. Hence, why I went the way I did.
                                Oh, I definitely agree with you there. Wow...I'm just kinda really excited now.

Comment

Working...
                                X