Carson Beckett Challenges and Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    Looking forward to what you come up with.
    Oh it's not exciting. I'm copping out essentially.

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
      Oh it's not exciting. I'm copping out essentially.
      Not necessarily, especially if we haven't done it before.

Comment

It's a great chapter.

Spoiler:
        though I felt kinda sorry for them. Right toward the end, they're getting really steamy, and then Carson is called in to the infirmary for an injury because he's the doctor on call that night.
        Oh, lol! Poor Carson. I guess that's a good thing though....
        Hm... I think I'm going to do something with the challenge that we haven't done before. Hope it's okay.
        Ooh....interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
          Oh, lol! Poor Carson. I guess that's a good thing though....

Ooh....interesting.

Spoiler:
          His exact words (as Sarah buries her face in his chest) is "Of all the bloody times!" They didn't get very far, though. But they've been waiting for weeks because he's wanted her to be sure. Of course, they won't get to at all because all heck is about to break loose with Kindred and the clone and Last Man and. . . .

Which brings me to another odd idea I've considered a few times.....
          Spoiler:
          In Last Man, holo-Rodney puts Sheppard into the stasis chamber for seven hundred years. Are the remains of clone!Carson still in the other one? Or did he come out? What happened to him?

Comment

Carson Beckett Challenge #12

This week we as a group have decided to do something different. It's a "pick your favorite" week! Below are three different challenges from Grace, lg, and I. You're welcome to participate in more than one of more than one kind. You will have three weeks to complete your entries but please feel free to post your entries as you finish them if you like.

lg's -

Art: Autumn or Winter, your choice which one. A piece of art that portrays one of those two seasons somehow.

Fic: Kind of shippy, but very whumpy. Carson is injured off-world. His lady (of your choice) must find a way to help him.

Grace's

Fic: Write a story using 3 or more of these ideas.

1. Star Trek reference
            2. Cranberry grape juice.
            3. A riddle or tongue twister
            4. Swimming
            5. A kiss
            6. Microscopes

Art: Make a sig using one (or more) of those ideas. Can be in the pictures or in the words.

M's

Fic: Rewrite Search and Rescue to include Carson. Whether it be the CloneCarson or you feel like letting him survive and have it be the original, you pick. The entire ep does not have to be included in the fic.

*As you can see I didn't not include an Art portion for mine. That is because I simply could not think of one and so left it out. I thought the first two ladies' ideas were fantastic and limitless so didn't see the need to add one myself. *

PM all of your Art entries to lg and all your Fic entries to me by Monday, November 7th.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Spoiler:
              His exact words (as Sarah buries her face in his chest) is "Of all the bloody times!" They didn't get very far, though. But they've been waiting for weeks because he's wanted her to be sure. Of course, they won't get to at all because all heck is about to break loose with Kindred and the clone and Last Man and. . . .

Spoiler:
              In Last Man, holo-Rodney puts Sheppard into the stasis chamber for seven hundred years. Are the remains of clone!Carson still in the other one? Or did he come out? What happened to him?
              LOL!! Of all the bloody times!! LOL!

I'll have to think of that...I'm thinking they took Carson out before abandoning the city, and he eventually died. Personally, I'd rather die among friends than be stuck in stasis forever...

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                I think that truly remains up to you.
                Spoiler:
                What do you plan on doing with cloneCarson?

sigpic
                Coming January 2017

Comment

M! That looks fantastic!! I'll definitely enjoy this one.

And now I'm off to bed, or at least to read in bed. Goodnight ladies! *hugs*

Comment

LOL!! Of all the bloody times!! LOL!

I'll have to think of that...I'm thinking they took Carson out before abandoning the city, and he eventually died. Personally, I'd rather die among friends than be stuck in stasis forever...
                    Oh, agreed! I'm considering a fic about it, though. Just not sure what yet,

Comment

Agreed! Looking forward to the entries!

And dream well, Grace. I'm not too far behind you.

Comment

Thanks. I love you ladies' ideas for fics and art. I can't wait to get to work on them. Have a great hon. *hugs*

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

I think that truly remains up to you.
                          Spoiler:
                          What do you plan on doing with cloneCarson?
                          Not sure you want to know.

Spoiler:
                          He dies.

Comment

Not sure you want to know.

Spoiler:
                            He dies.
                            I figured that actually. As long as there's one Carson there then I'm good.
                            Spoiler:
                            When do you have him die? Before or after TLM? Do you plan on (somehow) leaving his consciousness inside the stasis pod? If not then I don't think you need to worry about him and Shep meeting in stasis which I'm assuming is what you were asking..

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

I figured that actually. As long as there's one Carson there then I'm good.
                              Spoiler:
                              When do you have him die? Before or after TLM? Do you plan on (somehow) leaving his consciousness inside the stasis pod? If not then I don't think you need to worry about him and Shep meeting in stasis which I'm assuming is what you were asking..
                              Him and Shepp meeting in stasis was more of a one-shot idea.

Spoiler:
                              He dies before TLM. Basically, when he and Teyla meet up in Kindred Part 2 and Michael takes the gun from him, Michael turns the weapon on him because he fights the mind control and tries to attack Michael. Sheppard and team call for Carson, who comes to his aid, of course. As he's dying, the clone says something like, "Remember when Da' used ta take us into the Applecross Mountains?" And he gives his final wishes, paving the way for a sad scene between Sarah and Carson at the end of the story.

Comment

Him and Shepp meeting in stasis was more of a one-shot idea.

Spoiler:
                                He dies before TLM. Basically, when he and Teyla meet up in Kindred Part 2 and Michael takes the gun from him, Michael turns the weapon on him because he fights the mind control and tries to attack Michael. Sheppard and team call for Carson, who comes to his aid, of course. As he's dying, the clone says something like, "Remember when Da' used ta take us into the Applecross Mountains?" And he gives his final wishes, paving the way for a sad scene between Sarah and Carson at the end of the story.
                                Ah.. Okay..
                                Spoiler:
                                Honestly.. I'm not sure I'd read that one-shot. It just doesn't sound that interesting to me. Sorry. However I love your idea for how the clone dies.

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X