No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett Challenges and Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lg! I hope you have a wonder day and drive!
    M, Lol!! That means you were still awake when I woke up at 7 this morning. Bleh, way too early for me. Hope you can stay awake.

I'm off with some friends to go (window) shopping and just some generally fun stuff in a bigger town an hour away. I'm excited!!
    I'm about half way done with my songfic, maybe get it finished tomorrow. But if not...oh well. There's always next time.

Comment

Woohoo. Got the HMD update done and now I'm going to take a small nap and hope Elijah does the same.

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
        Afternoon! I stayed up til 6 reading some House MD fics and such so not exactly energetic right now.

lg - hope you have a great day but don't wear yourself out and be careful while in the mountains!

I think I may do a bit of writing today. Sadly it will be nothing for SGA so no one here will read it but there it is.
        Hiya, M!!!

It was a wonderful drive today. Got lots of pics that I likely won't get uploaded tonight simply 'cause I don't have the patience for it. Had a great time with the family, and now I'm home to ignore the rest of the world.

Originally posted by Grace View Post
        lg! I hope you have a wonder day and drive!
        M, Lol!! That means you were still awake when I woke up at 7 this morning. Bleh, way too early for me. Hope you can stay awake.

I'm off with some friends to go (window) shopping and just some generally fun stuff in a bigger town an hour away. I'm excited!!
        I'm about half way done with my songfic, maybe get it finished tomorrow. But if not...oh well. There's always next time.
        Window shopping......sounds fun

Comment

Happy Sunday everyone!! I hope you're both having a lovely day.

Still not sure what I want to do for the new challenge.

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

Hiya, M!

Comment

Hi ladies! Happy Sunday.
              Its a beautiful day, but I'm inside contemplating a nap. Not feeling the best today, but yesterday was a lot of fun.
              Don't know if I will get anything more done on my songfic...I found a good song, and started but can't figure out where I want to do. I could scrap it and actually write a death fic... But I don't know.

Comment

Hiya, Grace.

Just got home from church and planning to finish TWS Ch 21. Then, it'll be Gimp and SGA for the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                  Hiya, Grace.

Just got home from church and planning to finish TWS Ch 21. Then, it'll be Gimp and SGA for the afternoon.
                  Sounds like fun! You are really going on TWS!

Comment

Hi ladies! Happy Sunday.
                    Its a beautiful day, but I'm inside contemplating a nap. Not feeling the best today, but yesterday was a lot of fun.
                    Don't know if I will get anything more done on my songfic...I found a good song, and started but can't figure out where I want to do. I could scrap it and actually write a death fic... But I don't know.
                    *hugs* Sorry you aren't feelin' well hon.. Anything we can do to help with the fic?

Hiya, Grace.

Wow, 21 chapters already?? Time flies when your having fun.

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

Sounds like fun! You are really going on TWS!
                      I'm hoping to finish it this week. I tend to write a chapter every day or two during the biggest portion of the story. But, once I hit the last 5-7 chapters, they all come out at once. And I have a feeling that's going to hit around Thursday or Friday.

Comment

*hugs* Sorry you aren't feelin' well hon.. Anything we can do to help with the fic?

Wow, 21 chapters already?? Time flies when your having fun.
                        Yeah, it does!

Comment

Thanks M.
                          I'm not sure. I'm just stuck. It wasn't really going anywhere if you know what I mean. I'll post what I have?
                          I'm hoping to finish it this week. I tend to write a chapter every day or two during the biggest portion of the story. But, once I hit the last 5-7 chapters, they all come out at once. And I have a feeling that's going to hit around Thursday or Friday.
                          Wow!!

Songfic idea:
                          Spoiler:

Ok, I picked Loch Lomond, a Scottish song that the men of my choir sang a couple years ago. Beautiful song, look it up. So I think it could be a death fic if I chose to. But this is what I had so far with my original idea. Wasn't sure exactly how I was going to divide it up yet...
                          Spoiler:

Dr. Carson Beckett smiled as the familiar Scottish song played on his music player. It was another long night in the infirmary. He knew he would not be able to sleep, not with the sudden rush of patients in the infirmary. It had only been ten days and already one-third of the Atlantis expedition personal had come down with a virus similar to swine-flu. Carson had been run ragged with organizing and modifying the infirmary for the increased number of patients, and the research involved to find a cure.

The song continued playing, bringing back a memory of his father and other brothers singing in harmony as they would work on their small family farm. His father’s bass voice, the baritone and tenor of his brothers. Once and a while the soft alto voice of his mother would join, but she usually was just content with humming. Carson smiled as he lost himself in the fond memories.

Lyrics to Loch Lomond
                          Spoiler:
                          By yon bonnie banks and by yon bonnie braes,
                          Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond
                          Where me and my true love were ever wont to gae,
                          On the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.

Oh! Ye'll take the high road, and I'll take the low road,
                          And I'll be in Scotland afore ye,
                          But me and my true love will never meet again,
                          On the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.

'Twas then that we parted, In yon shady glen,
                          On the steep, steep side of Ben Lomond,
                          Where, in purple hue, The highland hills we view,
                          And the moon coming out in the gloaming.

The wee birdies sing, And the wild flowers spring,
                          And in sunshine the waters sleeping.
                          But the broken heart it kens, Nae second spring again,
                          Though the waeful may cease frae their greeting.

Comment

Thanks M.
                            I'm not sure. I'm just stuck. It wasn't really going anywhere if you know what I mean. I'll post what I have?

Wow!!

Songfic idea:
                            Spoiler:

Ok, I picked Loch Lomond, a Scottish song that the men of my choir sang a couple years ago. Beautiful song, look it up. So I think it could be a death fic if I chose to. But this is what I had so far with my original idea. Wasn't sure exactly how I was going to divide it up yet...
                            Spoiler:

Dr. Carson Beckett smiled as the familiar Scottish song played on his music player. It was another long night in the infirmary. He knew he would not be able to sleep, not with the sudden rush of patients in the infirmary. It had only been ten days and already one-third of the Atlantis expedition personal had come down with a virus similar to swine-flu. Carson had been run ragged with organizing and modifying the infirmary for the increased number of patients, and the research involved to find a cure.

The song continued playing, bringing back a memory of his father and other brothers singing in harmony as they would work on their small family farm. His father’s bass voice, the baritone and tenor of his brothers. Once and a while the soft alto voice of his mother would join, but she usually was just content with humming. Carson smiled as he lost himself in the fond memories.

Lyrics to Loch Lomond
                            Spoiler:
                            By yon bonnie banks and by yon bonnie braes,
                            Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond
                            Where me and my true love were ever wont to gae,
                            On the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.

Oh! Ye'll take the high road, and I'll take the low road,
                            And I'll be in Scotland afore ye,
                            But me and my true love will never meet again,
                            On the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.

'Twas then that we parted, In yon shady glen,
                            On the steep, steep side of Ben Lomond,
                            Where, in purple hue, The highland hills we view,
                            And the moon coming out in the gloaming.

The wee birdies sing, And the wild flowers spring,
                            And in sunshine the waters sleeping.
                            But the broken heart it kens, Nae second spring again,
                            Though the waeful may cease frae their greeting.

I like the idea of the story.
                            Spoiler:
                            Death fic? Like Carson's death? 'Cause you could make it a death fic that Carson has to endure. Maybe a friend on Atlantis who succumbs to this swine flu.

Ooh! Maybe it's CADMAN who succumbs.....She and Carson never worked out, but it could be an emotional moment for him.

Comment

I like the idea of the story.
                              Spoiler:
                              Death fic? Like Carson's death? 'Cause you could make it a death fic that Carson has to endure. Maybe a friend on Atlantis who succumbs to this swine flu.

Ooh! Maybe it's CADMAN who succumbs.....She and Carson never worked out, but it could be an emotional moment for him.
                              Spoiler:
                              See, I don't want to make it a long story, just a short happening in the moment thing. For this one I was going to have Teyla come and ask him about his homeland or something like that.
                              I was thinking Carson's death actually, but I'd have to start from scratch. What I have now is almost too light hearted to change into a death fic.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                See, I don't want to make it a long story, just a short happening in the moment thing. For this one I was going to have Teyla come and ask him about his homeland or something like that.
                                I was thinking Carson's death actually, but I'd have to start from scratch. What I have now is almost too light hearted to change into a death fic.
                                FYI
                                Spoiler:
                                I don't read death fics as a rule. Especially not Carson death fics 'cause I'll wind up crying for days.

You're right, though. It is lighthearted.

Spoiler:
                                I like the idea of Carson and Teyla talking about his homeland in a quiet moment when he's able to grab some coffee. Maybe, you could end it with Teyla helping in the infirmary after they've cemented their friendship?

Comment

Working...
                                X