Carson Beckett Challenges and Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that idea!

Since we're asking about stories....... (Spoilered for anyone wanting to wait until they read the story)
    Spoiler:
    My challenge entry is trying to cover some of the highlights of while clone!Carson was a prisoner of Michael. Starts with him waking up and leads through to him being rescued. I'll end there. My question is this: I have it where the first month he refuses to do the work Michael asks him to do and winds up being stunned/beaten/etc. Though I don't really go into all that as I only have 5-7 chapters to cover around 19 months. Should I have more physical whump later in the story? There'll be plenty of emotional whump as it is. If so, ideas???

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
      Carson Beckett Thunk/Whump Challenge #2
      This challenge is a written challenge. Use this pic to write a fic. Can be based on the episode (his thoughts during what Michael did to him), or can be something totally original. Can be any length, whatever you can do in a week's time. Post on or before Sunday, Aug 14. 3PM Mountain Time.
      Links to the fanfics will be posted here after the deadline on Aug. 14th. Enjoy!
      Pic:
      Spoiler:

Woot Woot!! It's official!!! *dances* Thanks Grace!

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

Speaking of being official, do we want to post a link on the Carson Beckett Thunk thread here? I know it doesn't get a lot of traffic, but who knows.......

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post

I love that idea!

Since we're asking about stories....... (Spoilered for anyone wanting to wait until they read the story)
          Spoiler:
          My challenge entry is trying to cover some of the highlights of while clone!Carson was a prisoner of Michael. Starts with him waking up and leads through to him being rescued. I'll end there. My question is this: I have it where the first month he refuses to do the work Michael asks him to do and winds up being stunned/beaten/etc. Though I don't really go into all that as I only have 5-7 chapters to cover around 19 months. Should I have more physical whump later in the story? There'll be plenty of emotional whump as it is. If so, ideas???
          I would
          Spoiler:
          Make it physical heavy in the beginning when he's being, essentially, tortured for not cooperating then have lingering aches and/or pains from badly healed injuries or barely healed injuries throughout up to a chapter (or half one) before he's rescued since he wasn't showing any signs of pain when Shep shows up. What do you think?

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

Speaking of being official, do we want to post a link on the Carson Beckett Thunk thread here? I know it doesn't get a lot of traffic, but who knows.......
            Go for it!

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

I love that idea!

Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              I'd have physical whump at the very beginning, (maybe as Michael is experimenting on medical doses or Carson trying to escape, in addition to the punishment you mentioned) and then at the end again (maybe Carson tries to escape again, or maybe he had to be moved to another facility and things didn't go well... ) Does that make sense?

Comment

That could work.

Spoiler:
                Action isn't my thing, so I glossed over his second, third, fourth, fifth, etc, escape attempt up until the girl was killed right in front of him. That's going to be very emotional. He's a doctor, and he was prevented from helping her. I could extend the escape attempts, too.

Another problem is that my normal beta is having some RL issues, so she hasn't been able to read through the two chapters I have written already.

Comment

That could work.

Spoiler:
                  Action isn't my thing, so I glossed over his second, third, fourth, fifth, etc, escape attempt up until the girl was killed right in front of him. That's going to be very emotional. He's a doctor, and he was prevented from helping her. I could extend the escape attempts, too.

Another problem is that my normal beta is having some RL issues, so she hasn't been able to read through the two chapters I have written already.
                  *jumps up and down* I'll Beta, I'll Beta!!!

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

If you'd like! I can set up a DocX through ff.net or however you'd like to do it.

I'm good with grammar and such, so that's not a big thing. But the whump part......not so much.

Comment

And I know I made it, but I go *thud* every time I see my siggie! It's such a great pic. Thanks for finding it, Grace!

Comment

If you'd like! I can set up a DocX through ff.net or however you'd like to do it.

I'm good with grammar and such, so that's not a big thing. But the whump part......not so much.
                        about going *thud*

Do you use Word? I could give you my email and you can send it to me that way? I find it easier than DocX or posting it through PM here..

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

And I know I made it, but I go *thud* every time I see my siggie! It's such a great pic. Thanks for finding it, Grace!
                          I've said that too! You are welcome...love those random finds.

Comment

I use OpenOffice. But I save it as a Word document.

I also use DropBox, which is really easy once you get used to it.

Comment

I use OpenOffice. But I save it as a Word document.

I also use DropBox, which is really easy once you get used to it.
                              Well we can try one of those. my email is.. [email protected]

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
                                Carson Beckett Thunk/Whump Challenge #2
                                This challenge is a written challenge. Use this pic to write a fic. Can be based on the episode (his thoughts during what Michael did to him), or can be something totally original. Can be any length, whatever you can do in a week's time. Post on or before Sunday, Aug 14. 3PM Mountain Time.
                                Links to the fanfics will be posted here after the deadline on Aug. 14th. Enjoy!
                                Pic:
                                Spoiler:

Here's my entry.

Rescue
                                - FF

Rescue
                                - LJ

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X