No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett Challenges and Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is good. Got to a really emotional part of the story, and it's turning out a LOT darker than I tend to write.

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
      It's my only form.

*clears throat* Ahem - back to the topic... How's your entry for this week shaping up??
      Yes, on topic now. Sorry for the chatting. *smacks self*

Its blossomed to two sentences now. But I think I know where I want to go with it. I just need the gumption to start writing furiously.
      Is yours "Delegation"?

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
        Mine is good. Got to a really emotional part of the story, and it's turning out a LOT darker than I tend to write.
        That happens to me ALL the time. Usually it ends with a predator preying on the main character and getting rough.. I don't know where it comes from.

Originally posted by Grace View Post
        Yes, on topic now. Sorry for the chatting. *smacks self*

Its blossomed to two sentences now. But I think I know where I want to go with it. I just need the gumption to start writing furiously.
        Is yours "Delegation"?
        No. Delegation is what Machines and Thunderstorms used to be. I just changed the title and summary because it seemed right since the story switched focus from Shep (for a shep whump challenge) to Carson.

I have a paragraph for mine.. Apparently I'm more interested in chatting than I am in writing.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

That happens to me ALL the time. Usually it ends with a predator preying on the main character and getting rough.. I don't know where it comes from.

No. Delegation is what Machines and Thunderstorms used to be. I just changed the title and summary because it seemed right since the story switched focus from Shep (for a shep whump challenge) to Carson.

I have a paragraph for mine.. Apparently I'm more interested in chatting than I am in writing.
          Like I've said, shippy stories tend to be my forte, so writing whump is a HUGE stretch.

And, btw, chatting often produces some of the best ideas for me.

Comment

Like I've said, shippy stories tend to be my forte, so writing whump is a HUGE stretch.

You didn't have to do a whumping story.. Or did we decide that's what this week's would be??

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

We didn't decide this week's story would be whump. I decided to challenge myself.

Btw, with all this chat about this week's challenge, Grace, do you want to go ahead and post that?

Comment

Oh ok...I was a bit confused. Like I said, brain not working.
                And yes, me too. Chatty Cathies.

Well if you need any advice for writing whump, just let me know.

Comment

We didn't decide this week's story would be whump. I decided to challenge myself.

Btw, with all this chat about this week's challenge, Grace, do you want to go ahead and post that?
                  A challenge is always a good idea. I'm challenging myself by a) writing it; and b) focusing on Carson. I normally only focus on Shep.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

I'm doing whump too...with maybe a bit of ship, but I'll see how it goes.

Yeah, I'll go find it.

Comment

Will do, Grace.

Oh! That's one thing I wanted to ask about this thread. Do we want to make it where we can ask for advice on the challenges? At least, until we grow a bit more?

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post

Well if you need any advice for writing whump, just let me know.
                        Me too! Since it's currently the only thing I write.

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

Same goes for asking about shippy stories if we ever do one of those.

Comment

Will do, Grace.

Oh! That's one thing I wanted to ask about this thread. Do we want to make it where we can ask for advice on the challenges? At least, until we grow a bit more?
                            Always! Advice is always okay to ask for. I don't think we need to cut ourselves off at any point in time if we're stumped or confused or what have you..

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

Same goes for asking about shippy stories if we ever do one of those.
                              We can TOTALLY do one of those! Or more.. We could leave it open to the writer's/creator's discretion or we can specify. Shipping is definitely a challenge for me so that seems only fair since whumping is a challenge for you.

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

Carson Beckett Thunk/Whump Challenge #2
                                This challenge is a written challenge. Use this pic to write a fic. Can be based on the episode (his thoughts during what Michael did to him), or can be something totally original. Can be any length, whatever you can do in a week's time. Post on or before Sunday, Aug 14. 3PM Mountain Time.
                                Links to the fanfics will be posted here after the deadline on Aug. 14th. Enjoy!
                                Pic:
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X