I love it!

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Good.

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
        I love it!
        More in-depth time now that I'm done switching out laundry.

Spoiler:
        I love the way you explain that Jennifer doesn't really want to give him the treatment but you don't explain why (or that it's actually a treatment). Of course I'm guessing that it's because it hurts him but you never know, it could be something else. I like the way you have her instantly attracted to him (what girl wouldn't be?? LOL) but striving to not only fight it but hide it. I look forward to seeing this from Carson's POV as well as when you finish the rest of the portion above.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

More in-depth time now that I'm done switching out laundry.

Spoiler:
          I love the way you explain that Jennifer doesn't really want to give him the treatment but you don't explain why (or that it's actually a treatment). Of course I'm guessing that it's because it hurts him but you never know, it could be something else. I like the way you have her instantly attracted to him (what girl wouldn't be?? LOL) but striving to not only fight it but hide it. I look forward to seeing this from Carson's POV as well as when you finish the rest of the portion above.
          Spoiler:
          I figure Jennifer wouldn't explain much. After all, it's just a fact of life on Atlantis. I don't think it's rudeness on her part, either.

Yeah, Sarah's instantly attracted, as is Carson. But he doesn't fight it at first, primarily because. . . .well, you'll see in a few moments. But she does.

Comment

Here's the rest of the scene from Sarah's POV.

Spoiler:
            Keller interrupted the moment. “Okay, Carson, stop flirting with the nurses. You know what we need to do.”

In an instant, he changed. “Aye, love, that I do.”

Trying to recover her distance, Sarah gratefully accepted Keller's instructions. She was to stand on Dr. Beckett's right side, helping him roll toward her while Keller used that device on his back. Her nurse's training took over, and she carefully held his hand as he used her strength as leverage for the movement. It clearly caused a lot of pain based on the way he clenched his jaw and the lines around his eyes that deepened, but he let out a deep sigh of relief when they managed to get him in position.

Keller unlaced the back of Dr. Beckett's hospital gown and opened it, revealing burns in various stages of healing. Those up near his shoulders were virtually gone, with only minimal scarring in places. Further down his back, however, the wounds got worse. Keller was careful to keep his blankets above his waist, but what Sarah did see made her want to cringe. Instead, she took a deep breath and let it out slowly, her way of keeping the emotions hidden behind a blank mask. Dr. Beckett kept hold of her hand, and she suspected he used it as much for human contact as for balance.

“Ready?” Keller asked. When Dr. Beckett gave a weak nod, she pressed a button. A blue light came from the hand-held device, and Keller moved it over the edges of newly-healed burns. Sarah watched in amazement as the wounded skin apparently healed itself.

“It's really an amazin' piece o' technology.” Dr. Beckett's voice startled her, and she glanced down to see that he'd been watching her face. “It works by. . . .” He stopped and hissed, his hand involuntarily tightening on hers. “It works by stimulatin' the body's natural healin' abilities to rapidly repair damage.” He cringed again.

Keller glanced up, her expression sympathetic. “Carson, I know this hurts. But I can't help it.”

“Aye, I know, love.” He tried to smile, but it looked more like a grimace to Sarah. “I understand.”

Keller met Sarah's eyes. “This device works on most wounds save the incredibly deep ones, but it heals from the inside out. Which means multiple treatments over the course of weeks.”

Sarah nodded. “One small area at a time.”

“Yes.”

The trio fell silent with just the hum of the device as it worked over Dr. Beckett's back. Keller spoke once to warn him that she was about to begin working on a deeper injury and received a curt nod in response. Sarah felt Dr. Beckett tense when the device started its work, but he didn't make a sound other than to let out a low growl. His hand tightened on her's, though, and she looked down to see his eyes squeezed shut and his jaw clenched. Tears had gathered in the corners of his eyes, a testament to the severity of the pain, and Sarah put a hand on his shoulder. There wasn't much that she could do, but she suddenly wanted to do everything she could to help him.

Comment

Woohoo! Okay the duvet cover is on! And now I'm exhausted and panting - God I'm out of shape.

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

Woohoo! Okay the duvet cover is on! And now I'm exhausted and panting - God I'm out of shape.
                I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles like that!

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                  Here's the rest of the scene from Sarah's POV.

Spoiler:
                  Keller interrupted the moment. “Okay, Carson, stop flirting with the nurses. You know what we need to do.”

In an instant, he changed. “Aye, love, that I do.”

Trying to recover her distance, Sarah gratefully accepted Keller's instructions. She was to stand on Dr. Beckett's right side, helping him roll toward her while Keller used that device on his back. Her nurse's training took over, and she carefully held his hand as he used her strength as leverage for the movement. It clearly caused a lot of pain based on the way he clenched his jaw and the lines around his eyes that deepened, but he let out a deep sigh of relief when they managed to get him in position.

Keller unlaced the back of Dr. Beckett's hospital gown and opened it, revealing burns in various stages of healing. Those up near his shoulders were virtually gone, with only minimal scarring in places. Further down his back, however, the wounds got worse. Keller was careful to keep his blankets above his waist, but what Sarah did see made her want to cringe. Instead, she took a deep breath and let it out slowly, her way of keeping the emotions hidden behind a blank mask. Dr. Beckett kept hold of her hand, and she suspected he used it as much for human contact as for balance.

“Ready?” Keller asked. When Dr. Beckett gave a weak nod, she pressed a button. A blue light came from the hand-held device, and Keller moved it over the edges of newly-healed burns. Sarah watched in amazement as the wounded skin apparently healed itself.

“It's really an amazin' piece o' technology.” Dr. Beckett's voice startled her, and she glanced down to see that he'd been watching her face. “It works by. . . .” He stopped and hissed, his hand involuntarily tightening on hers. “It works by stimulatin' the body's natural healin' abilities to rapidly repair damage.” He cringed again.

Keller glanced up, her expression sympathetic. “Carson, I know this hurts. But I can't help it.”

“Aye, I know, love.” He tried to smile, but it looked more like a grimace to Sarah. “I understand.”

Keller met Sarah's eyes. “This device works on most wounds save the incredibly deep ones, but it heals from the inside out. Which means multiple treatments over the course of weeks.”

Sarah nodded. “One small area at a time.”

“Yes.”

The trio fell silent with just the hum of the device as it worked over Dr. Beckett's back. Keller spoke once to warn him that she was about to begin working on a deeper injury and received a curt nod in response. Sarah felt Dr. Beckett tense when the device started its work, but he didn't make a sound other than to let out a low growl. His hand tightened on her's, though, and she looked down to see his eyes squeezed shut and his jaw clenched. Tears had gathered in the corners of his eyes, a testament to the severity of the pain, and Sarah put a hand on his shoulder. There wasn't much that she could do, but she suddenly wanted to do everything she could to help him.
                  Awwwwwwwwww.. *swoon*..
                  Spoiler:
                  I loved the ending. So fluffy and SO understandable. If I were in her place I would have to deeply struggle not to cry for him. I'm weeping on the inside for the pain he's going through. The part that really got me (or made me feel that way) was the tears that started to gather in the corners of his eyes - I hate to see a man cry especially because of pain.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles like that!
                    Nope it's me too! And now my head hurts.. ugh. How are you feelin' deary?

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

Awwwwwwwwww.. *swoon*..
                      Spoiler:
                      I loved the ending. So fluffy and SO understandable. If I were in her place I would have to deeply struggle not to cry for him. I'm weeping on the inside for the pain he's going through. The part that really got me (or made me feel that way) was the tears that started to gather in the corners of his eyes - I hate to see a man cry especially because of pain.
                      Oh, me too!

Spoiler:
                      But I can see that device really hurting even if it does help in the long run.

Comment

Nope it's me too! And now my head hurts.. ugh. How are you feelin' deary?
                        Better. My neck is sore from the way I was sitting earlier, but my cold symptoms are almost gone. Just that annoying tickle in the back of my throat.

Comment

Oh, me too!

Spoiler:
                          But I can see that device really hurting even if it does help in the long run.
                          I'm sure it does! The things that tend to help us the most also hurt the most - hence things like chemo.

Better. My neck is sore from the way I was sitting earlier, but my cold symptoms are almost gone. Just that annoying tickle in the back of my throat.
                          That's good to hear/read. Not about the neck part but that you're feeling better.

Hey whenever the mood strikes could you make me a sig?

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

I'm sure it does! The things that tend to help us the most also hurt the most - hence things like chemo.

That's good to hear/read. Not about the neck part but that you're feeling better.

Hey whenever the mood strikes could you make me a sig?
                            Sure. What do you have in mind?

Comment

Sure. What do you have in mind?
                              I like what you did with the fall sig earlier but could you put a pic of Carson in there instead and of course change the name so that it's right? I'm not sure which picture so I'll leave that up to you (maybe one of the ones with him smiling? ). I would love for it to be something along the lines of "Autumn/Fall means being snuggled up with Carson and a good book." But I think that may be pushing it.

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

I like what you did with the fall sig earlier but could you put a pic of Carson in there instead and of course change the name so that it's right? I'm not sure which picture so I'll leave that up to you (maybe one of the ones with him smiling? ). I would love for it to be something along the lines of "Autumn/Fall means being snuggled up with Carson and a good book." But I think that may be pushing it.
                                Hmm.....

Let me post the fall backgrounds I have under spoilers, and you can pick which one you like.

Spoiler:

I used the first one for the background earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X