No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett Challenges and Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we say long. How long we thinkin? 11 pages? Sorry if all this is too much for you lg, you don't have to answer if you don't want.

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
      When we say long. How long we thinkin? 11 pages? Sorry if all this is too much for you lg, you don't have to answer if you don't want.
      Not too much for me. Just sitting here thinking I need to write some fluffy Carson.

Um......for me, long is word count, not page count. I tend to keep my chapters between 3,000 and 4,000 words in length. So long for me would be 6-8,000 words. But that's me.

Comment

Gotcha. I'm only at 3700 (this story is going slowly for me apparently) so I'm good for awhile.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

Honestly, is it so hard for me to pick a character from SGA to be a doctor or must I always find an OC in there somewhere??? LOL

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

Honestly, is it so hard for me to pick a character from SGA to be a doctor or must I always find an OC in there somewhere??? LOL
            I typically use Amanda Cole.

Btw, a short snippet of something I'm working on simply because I wanted a little fluffiness for Carson. It'll get to the fluffy part, I promise.

Spoiler:
            Feeling like he hadn't slept the night before, Carson Beckett trudged into the infirmary on Atlantis and walked straight to his office. His head pounded, his eyes felt like sandpaper, and he could barely breathe. In addition, his throat, while not sore, was scratchy and making his voice sound more like Ronon's growl than his usual tenor. He knew the diagnosis without ever asking Amanda to head over to him. He had a cold.

Closing his office door, Carson snagged a box of Kleenex and made sure his tea was close by. He'd managed to swipe some of the English Breakfast tea in the cafeteria and made it to his liking. The Athosian version of honey sweetened it, and it helped with the scratchiness in his voice. He'd not taken any medications the night before and likely would tonight. If this didn't let off, that is. He'd never been one to take medications until coming to Pegasus, but he'd rarely needed to take them. Which explained why this cold got on his nerves so badly. How did he manage to come down with a common Earth malady in the middle of the Pegasus galaxy?

“There you are.” Rodney McKay's voice interrupted his thoughts, and Carson glanced up with a frown.

“Where else would I be, Rodney?”

“The morning briefing?”

Carson swore under his breath and glanced at his watch. Of course he'd forgotten the morning briefing. “Give me a moment.”

“Oh, don't worry about it.” Rodney smiled smugly. “I told Elizabeth you weren't feeling very well last night, and she understood.”

“Oh, well that's very kind of you,” Carson said sarcastically. He would have preferred no one knew he was sick. It made his work a lot easier. “Did I miss anything?”

“Not really.” Rodney folded his arms. “Just the daily reports, security stuff, and an annoying complaint about me.”

“You?”

“Yeah. I'm not sure why.” Rodney shook his head, seeming rather amazed that anyone would dare complain about his arrogant, superior attitude.

Carson let out a breath and tried to pretend he felt better than he actually did. “Well, if that's it, then, I do have work to get done.”

Rodney frowned. “Hey, are you okay?”

“Peachy. Why?”

“Because you look a little pale.”

“It's a cold, Rodney.” Carson waved a hand. “I'll be fine.”

“You sure?” The physicist held up both hands when Carson gave him an annoyed look. “Fine. You'll be fine. Right. See you later.” With that, he walked out of the office.

As the door closed behind him, Carson sat back in his chair and pinched the bridge of his nose. He really didn't feel as good as he'd pretended to Rodney and should be resting. Instead, he sat here glaring at paperwork and wondering why he didn't take one of the dozen or so personal days he'd built up since his last stay in the infirmary.

Which leads to my question. Can I use the nurse you created in your Identity 2.0 story?

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
              I typically use Amanda Cole.

Btw, a short snippet of something I'm working on simply because I wanted a little fluffiness for Carson. It'll get to the fluffy part, I promise.

Spoiler:
              Feeling like he hadn't slept the night before, Carson Beckett trudged into the infirmary on Atlantis and walked straight to his office. His head pounded, his eyes felt like sandpaper, and he could barely breathe. In addition, his throat, while not sore, was scratchy and making his voice sound more like Ronon's growl than his usual tenor. He knew the diagnosis without ever asking Amanda to head over to him. He had a cold.

Closing his office door, Carson snagged a box of Kleenex and made sure his tea was close by. He'd managed to swipe some of the English Breakfast tea in the cafeteria and made it to his liking. The Athosian version of honey sweetened it, and it helped with the scratchiness in his voice. He'd not taken any medications the night before and likely would tonight. If this didn't let off, that is. He'd never been one to take medications until coming to Pegasus, but he'd rarely needed to take them. Which explained why this cold got on his nerves so badly. How did he manage to come down with a common Earth malady in the middle of the Pegasus galaxy?

“There you are.” Rodney McKay's voice interrupted his thoughts, and Carson glanced up with a frown.

“Where else would I be, Rodney?”

“The morning briefing?”

Carson swore under his breath and glanced at his watch. Of course he'd forgotten the morning briefing. “Give me a moment.”

“Oh, don't worry about it.” Rodney smiled smugly. “I told Elizabeth you weren't feeling very well last night, and she understood.”

“Oh, well that's very kind of you,” Carson said sarcastically. He would have preferred no one knew he was sick. It made his work a lot easier. “Did I miss anything?”

“Not really.” Rodney folded his arms. “Just the daily reports, security stuff, and an annoying complaint about me.”

“You?”

“Yeah. I'm not sure why.” Rodney shook his head, seeming rather amazed that anyone would dare complain about his arrogant, superior attitude.

Carson let out a breath and tried to pretend he felt better than he actually did. “Well, if that's it, then, I do have work to get done.”

Rodney frowned. “Hey, are you okay?”

“Peachy. Why?”

“Because you look a little pale.”

“It's a cold, Rodney.” Carson waved a hand. “I'll be fine.”

“You sure?” The physicist held up both hands when Carson gave him an annoyed look. “Fine. You'll be fine. Right. See you later.” With that, he walked out of the office.

As the door closed behind him, Carson sat back in his chair and pinched the bridge of his nose. He really didn't feel as good as he'd pretended to Rodney and should be resting. Instead, he sat here glaring at paperwork and wondering why he didn't take one of the dozen or so personal days he'd built up since his last stay in the infirmary.

Which leads to my question. Can I use the nurse you created in your Identity 2.0 story?
              I don't know her.. Which one is she?

Yeah you can use her.. I'm assuming she's going to help make him feel better?? Great start by the way - I'm looking forward to more.

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

I don't know her.. Which one is she?

Yeah you can use her.. I'm assuming she's going to help make him feel better?? Great start by the way - I'm looking forward to more.
                I meant Sarah from your Return rewrite. Sorry. I asked the question and then ran off to pick up my daughter before realizing I had the wrong story.

Comment

I meant Sarah from your Return rewrite. Sorry. I asked the question and then ran off to pick up my daughter before realizing I had the wrong story.
                  I knew who you meant. What I meant was Amanda Cole. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

I knew who you meant. What I meant was Amanda Cole. Sorry I wasn't clearer.
                    No, the mistake was mine.

Amanda Cole is the doc in Sunday who has a migraine. She's only referred to as Dr. Cole, but she earned the first name Amanda in fanfic.

Comment

No, the mistake was mine.

Amanda Cole is the doc in Sunday who has a migraine. She's only referred to as Dr. Cole, but she earned the first name Amanda in fanfic.
                      Hm.. Yeah that would be why I don't know her.

sigpic
                      Coming January 2017

Comment

Hm.. Yeah that would be why I don't know her.
                        She makes a good doctor to have on standby if you don't want to use Keller.

Btw, my little one-shot here is going to be set earlier than yours. I just liked Sarah, if it's still okay to use her.

Comment

She makes a good doctor to have on standby if you don't want to use Keller.

Btw, my little one-shot here is going to be set earlier than yours. I just liked Sarah, if it's still okay to use her.
                          Yeah us her all you want. I'm glad that you liked her enough to do that.

I think I prefer making up my own actually. I don't know why.

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

Yeah us her all you want. I'm glad that you liked her enough to do that.

I think I prefer making up my own actually. I don't know why.
                            Awesome.

My problem with making up my own is that I like each character to be slightly different. So it's really hard to keep coming up with names.

Comment

I just run through a list of last names from movie, tv show, etc characters or other fanfics that I've read then come up with a first name. This one's name is
                              Spoiler:
                              Rita Porter

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

I just run through a list of last names from movie, tv show, etc characters or other fanfics that I've read then come up with a first name. This one's name is
                                Spoiler:
                                Rita Porter
                                Reminds me of Alison Porter.

Out of curiosity, what did you imagine Sarah looking like?

Spoiler:
                                Because I imagined her somewhat petite with fair skin, long straight blond hair, and classic style.

Comment

Working...
                                X