This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spidey3121 View Post
    When will we be able to nominate awards for season 7?
    Thread's up !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Sorry for the delay -- I got sick late last week. Thanks everybody for the Season Seven nominations!
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Darn, i completely forgot to put a nom in for Col. Reynolds somewhere. I feel like he would easily fit into a new category of sorts. How about Best Multiple Recurring Sidekick. Too much like Best Guest Star? For example, in Season 7, its tough to not vote for Bra'tac in Orpheus and Lost City Part 2 with all of the one-off rolls throughout the season.
        When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

I should be finishing up season 7 today now to my second least favorite season 8 at least I get to meet Vala for the first time
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

That's it, season 7 over already!

I don't think I've really watched the whole season in its entirety since it first aired, only tended to pick out my favourite episodes for re-watching.

Re-watching it for this re-watch surprisingly made me aware of a fact I'd never noticed before; that season 7 is such a fragmented season! I never realised how many stand alone episodes there were in it, most of which weren't that memorable either, and how few episodes actually set up the Anubis storyline! Goes to show how good the Anubis arc related episodes were to make this season one that is pretty good overall.

Now on to Season 8, the one I call the 'no mans land' season. It stands between the end of the 'classic' era and the big changes that were to come. Jack stepping out of SG-1, the winds of change blowing through the corridors of the SGC makes it a sad season I guess, with a forlorn sort of vibe. Maybe that's why there's not much love for it, it seems to me.

I feel I'm very much in the minority for liking it, there were some great episodes in it, and I didn't mind the development of the human form replicator arc. I even chose to screen cap season 8 when GW was creating the screen cap gallery as I didn't want it to be left till last, such is my feeling that this season is generally avoided if possible!

Comment

Starting up on S8 tomorrow.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I'm strugglling to watch SGA - best scene thus far is of the city rising up out of the water.
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I really don't know what to watch now. S8 of SG-1 or S1 of Atlantis.

What are the majority of you watching?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                    I did all of SG1 then started SGA - I actually watched season 4 of SGA first, to get me into the SGA feeling.
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey everyone!! I have been out of the forums for a bit and even though I wanted to participate in the re-watch (which I did try by rewatching S1-S3 again), but I had just got done rewatching the whole series prior to so I kinda moved to other series. But yesterday I had a Stargate itch and watched my favorite of my favs from S7 thru S10 and I would have to say it was one of the best Sundays I have had in a while!! Got to love Stargate!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post

I'm continuing with SG1. I will start SGA at the end of Season 10 of SG1.
                        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                          I'm continuing with SG1. I will start SGA at the end of Season 10 of SG1.
                          Yeah I think I'll do the same.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I've watched all of SG1 and the ark of truth, I've not got Continuum so will have a few days off and go grab a copy at the weekend...
                            Then Atlantis I guess...

Comment

I've been sick this week so have finished season 1 of SGA & am a third way through season 2 - I am definitely not a fan of Ronan - yet.
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm watching SG-1 first, I suppose it makes sense to watch the movies after SG-1 since they are part of the SG-1 family. Then I'll start on SGA following the GW timetable, and actually watch it in its entirety for the first time.

I've never watched a whole season apart from season five, missing many episodes so some references in later seasons I've watched make no sense. SGA is the only series of Stargate I didn't get into so it will be interesting to watch it all the way through and see if I change my view of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X