This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaroch View Post
    You're welcome. And, I'd like to amend my previous answer. DVD disks will work in most BluRay drives, but you should double-check before buying the drive.
    Thank you again. Hubby & I have been holding off getting a blu ray becuase of the cost & the fact that we have a plethora of dvd's that aren't blu ray...but mostly because of cost. Might have to re think that option in the near future. Might have to wait til blu ray really takes off as not all dvd's releases are on blu ray...yet.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh and to get back on subject...am up to one of my all time fave eps of SG1...Window of Opportunity. Yay!!
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Oh and to get back on subject...am up to one of my all time fave eps of SG1...Window of Opportunity. Yay!!
        Wow, you've moved on ahead!

Just watched 'Forever In a Day' and 'Past and Present'. It seems that season 3 has a lot of episodes that I just seem not to be enjoying very much, it also has the worst episode in SG-1 for me 'Urgo'. I'm going to watch it for the first time since it first aired only for this rewatch,to say that I have watched every episode. I'm wondering if the passage of time may have softened my initial dislike of this episode, but given what I've felt with the rewatch of season 3 so far I don't know, still, I continue with an open mind.

I made a list of the ones I like just to see what the pattern was, were they scattered through the season or towards the end?

Into the Fire - 01
        Point of View - 06
        Jolinar's Memories - 12
        The Devil You Know - 13
        Foothold 14 -
        A Hundred Days - 17
        Shades of Grey - 18
        Crystal Skull - 21
        Nemesis - 22

Looks like more towards the end. This is where SG-1 hit its stride for me and season four's list will have more episodes I've always enjoyed rewatching. Season 3 isn't a season I revisit much and I thought with the rewatch I would change that view but it has remained the same. These are the episodes I go back and watch individually if I ever feel like going back in Stargate time!

Comment

WoO is such a great ep...so many funny bits...gonna be hard to pick the best Jack/Teal'c/Daniel/Sam/team moments for season 4...just so many in this one ep.
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            It seems that season 3 has a lot of episodes that I just seem not to be enjoying very much, it also has the worst episode in SG-1 for me 'Urgo'. I'm going to watch it for the first time since it first aired only for this rewatch,to say that I have watched every episode. I'm wondering if the passage of time may have softened my initial dislike of this episode, but given what I've felt with the rewatch of season 3 so far I don't know, still, I continue with an open mind.

Season 3 isn't a season I revisit much and I thought with the rewatch I would change that view but it has remained the same.
            My list of season 3 episodes I usually watch over, and over, is limited:

Point of View - 06
            Foothold - 14
            Crystal Skull - 21
            Nemesis - 22

For me, it isn't that season 3 has a lot of bad episodes; there just aren't many episodes I really enjoy, and make a special effort to view. I haven't watched "Urgo" in years. Although Dom DeLuise is one of my favorite comedians, I didn't enjoy that episode. At this point of the re-watch, I think "Hathor" and "Emancipation" from season one are tied as being the worst episodes. I'm up to "Forever in a Day," and so far, the only season 3 episode that is better than I remember it being is "Deadman Switch," although it still is not a favorite of mine.
            My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
              I haven't watched "Urgo" in years. Although Dom DeLuise is one of my favorite comedians, I didn't enjoy that episode.
              Just had to quickly run & and ask...did you watch the SF's face when they were in the infirmary & Urgo told Teal'c to try the paddles? That cracks me up all the time. The SF is not meant to see Urgo yet you can clearly see him look at him & he's desperately trying to hide a laugh...it's funny! Just thought I'd throw that one out there...just in case you missed it. It's one of the funny moments for me.
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Just had to quickly run & and ask...did you watch the SF's face when they were in the infirmary & Urgo told Teal'c to try the paddles? That cracks me up all the time. The SF is not meant to see Urgo yet you can clearly see him look at him & he's desperately trying to hide a laugh...it's funny! Just thought I'd throw that one out there...just in case you missed it. It's one of the funny moments for me.
                It will probably be Sunday or Monday before I watch "Urgo," but I will keep an eye out for this scene. Thanks!

Comment

Chelle, I saw that

Comment

Something to look forward to looking for in 'Urgo' then. I will get to that episode sometime early next week. Probably miss the moment, people always seem to notice these sorts of things and I'm going..

So far I haven't seen the Egyptian statue that I bought in the Stargate Liquidation sale at the Bridge Studios in June. I always hope to see it in Daniel's office scenes and his apartment in 'Forever in a Day' or some Goa'uld palace or 'treasure trove'. Maybe I'm not that eagle eyed! Or it was made but never used as a prop in the show. Still, it looks pretty cool and I love anything to do with Ancient Egypt.

Comment

So far I haven't seen the Egyptian statue that I bought in the Stargate Liquidation sale at the Bridge Studios in June. I always hope to see it in Daniel's office scenes and his apartment in 'Forever in a Day' or some Goa'uld palace or 'treasure trove'. Maybe I'm not that eagle eyed! Or it was made but never used as a prop in the show. Still, it looks pretty cool and I love anything to do with Ancient Egypt.
                      Belated congratulations on your purchase! Do you have a picture of the statue you can share? I bet a sharp-eyed Gateworlder will spot the statue, if it appears in an episode.

Comment

Since we've got a lot of newbies to the discussion thanks to this fabulous Rewatch I wanted to extend a special invitation to any Sam/Jack shippers out there to join us for our annual shipper holiday celebrations (details below).

It's almost holiday time again, and that means Shipsgiving!

Spoiler:

To help spread the word, Nolamom has not only made this lovely invite, she has also prepared a matching sig and avatar set:

Feel free to use them so everyone you interact with on the forum will see your love of Sam and Jack and know about the big party. And spread the word to shippers new and not so new.

Looking forward to sharing a day celebrating the joy that is Sam and Jack!
                        See you there!

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
                          Belated congratulations on your purchase! Do you have a picture of the statue you can share? I bet a sharp-eyed Gateworlder will spot the statue, if it appears in an episode.
                          Here is King Knut as I call him!

Be interesting to see if anyone can spot him, if indeed he ever made an appearance on screen. He's a bit damaged and looks as if he was holding something at one point in the broken hand.

Comment

Here is King Knut as I call him!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32427[/ATTACH]

Be interesting to see if anyone can spot him, if indeed he ever made an appearance on screen. He's a bit damaged and looks as if he was holding something at one point in the broken hand.
                            Very nice! I will look for King Knut.

Comment

I watched this segment 8 or 9 times, but I don't see it. The SF's face doesn't seem to change all that much, and he seems to be looking at Teal'c, over Urgo who is shorter than both the SF and Tea'c.

I do love Dom DeLuise--this character is perfect for him. It almost seems like this episode was written for him, as none of SG-1 stands out, nor is it a team episode.

I find that I love this episode because it's silly and very funny. While there seems to be no character development, and only one major issue (is Urgo alive) that's discussed, but not very deeply. These qualities I like are most likely the ones that lowers the opinion of others.

But, hey, differing opinions are what makes the threads and forums interesting.

I haven't been around lately, as I slipped, fell, and the concrete floor had a close encounter with my right knee. I have an appointment for a MRI on Tuesday, so I will have a better idea of what's going on. I just hope that I'm not on crutches for this year's LA Stargate convention. I was last year, and it's a real pain in the ass.
                              Last edited by Nut_ty; 16 October 2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

So I've just watched Tangent...this season really is gonna be hard to find best of's...too many best moments to just single out one.
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X