Clear All

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
    Got this today:
    http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMGP1915.jpg
    More fun with the rewatch!
    So. Incredibly. Jealous!!
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
      Let me clarify - i referred to her being redundant more to circumstance than ability. She was a great doctor, and was passionate about her patients and a good team member.

My point was really that in the early years, it seems to me time and time again she was redundant due to circumstances where her level of medical knowledge and experience was a waste of time.

Rewatching its fascinating to see the beginnings of the SGC, when they had so little knowledge, compared to the end.

I would also like to mention that i think season 3 is actually quite poor in quality. There seem to me to be very few good episodes, and no real classics. I find this interesting, because as memory serves, season 4 was brilliant.
      I really have no idea what you mean by redundant. She was the only one with medical knowledge and often provided vital exposition. In fact her character was so essential and well drawn that the show spent three years trying unsuccessfully to replace her and it left a very obvious whole in their storytelling.

I also have to disagree with you about Season 3. It is probably my favorite season of all Stargate; although S4 comes in a close second.

Comment

I'm thinking of getting the whole series on dvd again as I've noticed with the new HD tv the quality isn't so great in the first 4 seasons...thus far. Can blu ray dvd's be played in normal dvd players?
        I'm watching the last disc of season 3 & am about to start season 4 again...still not getting old! Me yes, but the show...no!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I just wanted to mention two thoughts. The first is that I find it rather amusing (in a good way) how many people are rushing to defend Dr. Frasier in this forum. It certainly shows just how beloved her character was.

The second thought is completely off-the-wall. I saw the picture of the SG-1 DVD set that one of the posters had purchased on the previous page, and I remembered something. My DVD set, at least, had a large plastic stargate attached to the front of the box.
          Well, one day I was taking a picture of my cat, who happened to be lying next to this box. The room was dimly lit, and the flash from my camera hit the box in such a way that the stargate's event horizon appeared to be almost real. It was a really impressive cool shot I thought.
          Stargate.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            I'm thinking of getting the whole series on dvd again as I've noticed with the new HD tv the quality isn't so great in the first 4 seasons...thus far. Can blu ray dvd's be played in normal dvd players?
            I'm watching the last disc of season 3 & am about to start season 4 again...still not getting old! Me yes, but the show...no!
            I wondered for a while whether I should have bought the whole SG-1 series on DVD again, especially as I've got the first four seasons on region 2 DVD's I brought with me from the UK. I can only play these on a cheaper DVD player on which I was able to disable the region lock (couldn't buy a multi-region DVD player in Canada for love nor money!). This coupled with the fact that I agree the quality of the first four seasons isn’t great means the picture is really grainy for the first four seasons of the rewatch for me on the 52" HD TV!

The quality on that cheaper player makes it even worse as I’ve got used to the region 1 DVD’s played on the PS3 which has the HDMI enhancement and improves the quality of DVD pictures a bit more, though not to the quality of blu ray of course.

Blu ray can’t be played on normal DVD players. That’s why I bought a PS3, that plays both and I can get Netflix on it too. Well worth getting even if you don’t play games on it if you want to watch DVD’s and Blu ray.

Originally posted by Jaroch View Post
            I just wanted to mention two thoughts. The first is that I find it rather amusing (in a good way) how many people are rushing to defend Dr. Frasier in this forum. It certainly shows just how beloved her character was.

The second thought is completely off-the-wall. I saw the picture of the SG-1 DVD set that one of the posters had purchased on the previous page, and I remembered something. My DVD set, at least, had a large plastic stargate attached to the front of the box.
            Well, one day I was taking a picture of my cat, who happened to be lying next to this box. The room was dimly lit, and the flash from my camera hit the box in such a way that the stargate's event horizon appeared to be almost real. It was a really impressive cool shot I thought.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]32317[/ATTACH]
            That is amazing how the flash caught the gate like that! Love your cat too!

Funny how things turn out unintentionally to be quite surprising! I had a similar experience with the bright sunlight reflecting off the lake and the camera overexposing this picture I took of my husband and daughter, the way her long coat and the hoody she was wearing underneath came out looking like a Wraith stalking my husband for its next meal!!!!

Comment

never a big fan of Seth .... but, must say the ending when Jacob and Sam go home to make ammends ... when Jacob reaches out to hug his son!! *sigh* great moment.

teehee!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

I always thought she was amusingly incompetent, apart from on the odd occasion when she actually did something worthwhile. But hey i liked her too.
                Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  That is amazing how the flash caught the gate like that! Love your cat too!

Funny how things turn out unintentionally to be quite surprising! I had a similar experience with the bright sunlight reflecting off the lake and the camera overexposing this picture I took of my husband and daughter, the way her long coat and the hoody she was wearing underneath came out looking like a Wraith stalking my husband for its next meal!!!!
                  At first glance, especially with the smaller image, it looked more like two people on a snow-covered plain than anything else. But, I can see resemblance to a Wraith.

It's happy accidents like these that mean that, should I ever become a director, I'd avoid CGI whenever possible. The abilities of CGI are amazing, but it all but eliminates the possibility of a happy accident. Of course, it also eliminates the possibility of disasters, but I prefer not to think about those....

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
                    I always thought she was amusingly incompetent, apart from on the odd occasion when she actually did something worthwhile. But hey i liked her too.
                    Incompetent how??? She seemed very competent to me.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      So. Incredibly. Jealous!!
                      I want one!

Comment

Wait why arent we watching from sg-1 season 8 to atlantis season 1 to sg1 season 9 atlantis season 2 and so on instead? It would make more sense since they happen at the same time. Just watch the season 8 then go to atlantis then back to sg-1, etc. That way also people wont have to wait longer for continuum after u finish sg-1. Im finishing up rewatching Supernatural and I should be done in november/december. So i'll catch up and start watching after that which u guys will be on season 4 or 5. I probably wouldnt be able to catch up tho until like u guys get to 7 or 8 tho. And also i have college starting august so im not gonna be able to keep watching after so i'll finish rewatch earlier probably.

Comment

I'm going to alternate SG-1 and Atlantis episode by episode when the time comes. Splitting them up wouldn't make sense to me.
                          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Unfortunately, no, BluRay disks will not work with regular DVD players. DVD disks will, however, work in BluRay drives.

Comment

Unfortunately, no, BluRay disks will not work with regular DVD players. DVD disks will, however, work in BluRay drives.
                              Ah cool...well that was gonna be my next question...thank you.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ah cool...well that was gonna be my next question...thank you.
                                You're welcome. And, I'd like to amend my previous answer. DVD disks will work in most BluRay drives, but you should double-check before buying the drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X