Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
    OMG do not get her started!! i felt so bad for the people that believed her in the past. what was it? kiss the guy behind the counter of the hotel? there were so many, hmmm...
    hahaha and the sunglasses thing is a B.C. thing, not just Vancouver. I have had so many pairs...
    on a side note, did you send all your fog over here?
    Heh, heh ,heh……AG has some good ones definitely!

Must have, haven’t seen any fog for a couple of days, it's nice to share things with our neighbours!!!

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I love these! I'm gonna use them all the time from now on. And the sad part is they are SO TRUE! Although I have to say that this winter has been decidedly mild by comparison to other years, at least it has been down here in Steveston (southern Vancouver Metropolis for those who don't know the area ). I am hoping that maybe it means we will have a nice hot summer
    Mild and drier, using dry as a description of the weather here is odd I know, I too am hoping for the nice hot summer.

It seems that every time we walk down the hill from our usual breakfast place on a Saturday morning back to our house and look towards your bit of southern Vancouver across the Fraser River, Langley and Surrey we always see sunshine on the horizon, even when it's raining on us! Price I pay for being closer to the mountains I guess! I love the crazy pockets of variable weather you get here sometimes. When we had that snow a few weeks ago I left Maple Ridge and it wasn't snowing. Just as I got to Cloverdale it was like driving into a curtain of snow, from none at all, just weird!

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
      aw thats too bad. I'd love to meet you there. My husband actually worked at Dave's for 6 years when he was a younger man Maybe I can get you some take out and bring it to convention one day
      Just curious, are you planning on getting a room or driving up everyday? Becuase i too am fromtherabouts and wouldn't mind carpooling...

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin(around the corner from the Hilton)
        Thursday April 26, 2012
        time undetermined
        Attendees:
        mamasue9
        Camelot7414
        Geoi McKay
        MylittleEli
        Doublecut
        AnnieS
        Nut_ty
        hlndncr
        Krisz
        silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
        Scarym1
        Starbird
        SabrinaB - very excited

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
        Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
        Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
        Doublecut
        mamasue9
        Dr. Carson Beckett
        Camelot7414
        Krisz
        Geoi McKay
        Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
        silvercomet
        Scarym1
        AnnieS + 1 maybe
        Nynaeve69 +1
        MylittleElit
        SabrinaB
        Starbird
        Clairec007
        Jian
        picardythirds
        nakedwesley
        knightie
        Vecturist
        SGAFan + 1
        Hoschi
        Lea
        helen450
        taris-eirien + 1
        Nut_ty

hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          Heh, heh ,heh……AG has some good ones definitely!

Must have, haven’t seen any fog for a couple of days, it's nice to share things with our neighbours!!!

Mild and drier, using dry as a description of the weather here is odd I know, I too am hoping for the nice hot summer.

It seems that every time we walk down the hill from our usual breakfast place on a Saturday morning back to our house and look towards your bit of southern Vancouver across the Fraser River, Langley and Surrey we always see sunshine on the horizon, even when it's raining on us! Price I pay for being closer to the mountains I guess! I love the crazy pockets of variable weather you get here sometimes. When we had that snow a few weeks ago I left Maple Ridge and it wasn't snowing. Just as I got to Cloverdale it was like driving into a curtain of snow, from none at all, just weird!
          hahahhahahhahahah vancouver has wonderful weather!! it just rains...in random spurtz..a lot...
          Oh and you can take your fog back thank you very much. four days of Zombie apocalypse is enough.
          Music and Stargate
          sigpic
          Perfection

Comment

Thursday April 26, 2012
            time undetermined
            Attendees:
            mamasue9
            Camelot7414
            Geoi McKay
            MylittleEli
            Doublecut
            AnnieS
            Nut_ty
            hlndncr
            Krisz
            Scarym1
            Starbird
            taris-eirien
            dakodia
            Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake +1 (maybe 5)
            SabrinaB - very excited

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
            Doublecut
            mamasue9
            Dr. Carson Beckett
            Camelot7414
            Krisz
            Geoi McKay
            Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
            silvercomet
            Scarym1
            AnnieS + 1 maybe
            Nynaeve69 +1
            MylittleElit
            SabrinaB
            Starbird
            Clairec007
            Jian
            picardythirds
            nakedwesley
            knightie
            Vecturist
            SGAFan + 1
            Hoschi
            Lea
            helen450
            taris-eirien + 1
            Nut_ty

hlndncr

Comment

Thursday April 26, 2012
              time undetermined
              Attendees:
              mamasue9
              Camelot7414
              Geoi McKay
              MylittleEli
              Doublecut
              AnnieS
              Nut_ty
              hlndncr
              Krisz
              Scarym1
              Starbird
              taris-eirien
              dakodia
              Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake +1 (maybe 5)
              SabrinaB - very excited

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
              Doublecut
              mamasue9
              Dr. Carson Beckett
              Camelot7414
              Krisz
              Geoi McKay
              Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
              silvercomet
              Scarym1
              AnnieS + 1 maybe
              Nynaeve69 +1
              MylittleElit
              SabrinaB
              Starbird
              Clairec007
              Jian
              picardythirds
              nakedwesley
              knightie
              Vecturist
              SGAFan + 1
              Hoschi
              Lea
              helen450
              taris-eirien + 1
              Nut_ty

hlndncr
              Dimonah Tralon

Comment

If your adding a name to the dinner list, please make sure you're quoting the latest version.

Thanks.

Comment

I knew there was another name I needed to add but hit the submit button instead of preview..

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                    I knew there was another name I needed to add but hit the submit button instead of preview..
                    I've done that before.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                      Just curious, are you planning on getting a room or driving up everyday? Becuase i too am fromtherabouts and wouldn't mind carpooling...
                      I was planning to drive and I would definitly be open to that idea! I do sometimes like to stay late if there are things going on but we can play it by ear. PM me with your info and wherebouts you are and we can arrange things
                      sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                      Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                      GateCon Vancouver 2011
                      Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Thursday April 26, 2012
                        time undetermined
                        Attendees:
                        mamasue9
                        Camelot7414
                        Geoi McKay
                        MylittleEli
                        Doublecut
                        AnnieS
                        Nut_ty
                        hlndncr
                        Krisz
                        Scarym1
                        Starbird
                        taris-eirien
                        dakodia
                        Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake +1 (maybe 5)
                        SabrinaB - very excited
                        Nynaeve69+1

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                        Doublecut
                        mamasue9
                        Dr. Carson Beckett
                        Camelot7414
                        Krisz
                        Geoi McKay
                        Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                        silvercomet
                        Scarym1
                        AnnieS + 1 maybe
                        Nynaeve69 +1
                        MylittleElit
                        SabrinaB
                        Starbird
                        Clairec007
                        Jian
                        picardythirds
                        nakedwesley
                        knightie
                        Vecturist
                        SGAFan + 1
                        Hoschi
                        Lea
                        helen450
                        taris-eirien + 1
                        Nut_ty

hlndncr
                        Dimonah Tralon

Comment

I've had a couple PM's with some confusion...

To all, please be sure that you pay attention to what meet-up you are signing up for. The sign-ups for both Red Robin on Thursday and the GateWorld dinner on Sunday are contained in the same post. BUT...we need accuracy as much as possible on head counts for both. So make sure if you plan to attend both events, that you sign up there in both spots.

I'm days away from more exciting GW dinner news....more to come!

And...I have a cool idea for a photo op. Is anyone going a Doctor Who fan? And someone that already has a sonic screwdriver from the 10th or 11th Doctor that they could bring with?
                          Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                          Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                          Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                          Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                          Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                          Con-Version Calgary 2010
                          C2E2 2013-2015
                          TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                          Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                          Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                          FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post

And...I have a cool idea for a photo op. Is anyone going a Doctor Who fan? And someone that already has a sonic screwdriver from the 10th or 11th Doctor that they could bring with?

I have a 10th Doctor sonic screwdriver, and yeah, I'll bring it.

I take it with me everywhere.

sigpic
                            "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Finally made my way back over here. Can't wait to go up there one final year it is kind of sad though. Oh and does anyone know of someone that needs a roommate preferably at the Hilton? I've kind of been slacking in that department this year and procrastinating. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ohh I also got quite a lot of catching up to do on this thread.
                              Last edited by CareBear; 11 February 2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
                                I have a 10th Doctor sonic screwdriver, and yeah, I'll bring it.

I take it with me everywhere.

LMAO!!! You seriously just made my day. I think the smaller, quieter font size is what did it!

Good to see you're coming, CareBear! Definitely need to catch up!
                                Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                                Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                                Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                                Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                                Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                                Con-Version Calgary 2010
                                C2E2 2013-2015
                                TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                                Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                                Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                                FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Working...
                                X