Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post

How C A N A D I A N of you

Hey Krisz, you can update the seating chart for RinkRat and me. We're somewhere in the front row. Uh...if anyone remembers what seats Col. Mike and Jack's CSM were in, that's us.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Creation has added general admission and single day passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

Hey Krisz, you can update the seating chart for RinkRat and me. We're somewhere in the front row. Uh...if anyone remembers what seats Col. Mike and Jack's CSM were in, that's us.
        I've put you in the seats they were in 2010. I didn't have them listed in last year's seating plan. It looks to me like the same seats you had last year. I was close behind you and I was in seat B24 last year.

Comment

hey guys--

I have yet another question...sorry! (I feel bad that I'm constantly asking questions, but have nothing to offer in return.)

Anyway, I am trying to choose between the "Preferred Weekend Package" and the "Weekend General Admission" ticket. Based on the website, the only difference is that one offers a reserved seat and the other does not.

I've looked at the seating charts, but there is no indication of how many "non-reserved" seats exist.

Based on what you've seen in previous years, is there a significant advantage to paying for the reserved seats? Are the theaters so large that having a reserved seat really puts you close enough to the stage to make a difference?

I went to the 2011 LA convention, and the theaters were small enough that--for me--it didn't matter whether I sat in the first or last row. I could see and hear the actors the same, and the pictures I took (with my budget point and shoot) came out pretty much the same.

Thanks in advance (And sorry again for being a knowledge leech!)
          sigpic
          ~~sig created by bailey1ak~~

Comment

Has anyone been to the celebrity cabaret in the past? Is it worth going?

Comment

Originally posted by Kikyonyc View Post
              Has anyone been to the celebrity cabaret in the past? Is it worth going?
              The Cabaret is one of the highlights of the weekend. Lastyear Alexis Cruz was one of the Celeb performers and I jave to tell you he was a totally RIOT. And needless to say the show was 13+ age wise. If you ever saw Alexis do his act you would understand.

This year see's Ryan Robbins (a talented singer), Robert Picardo (singer and comedian) and Chuck Campbell (not sure since I haven't seen him perform). But knowing the first two are on the list, I know it will be GOOD!!!
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by iheartcam View Post
                hey guys--

I have yet another question...sorry! (I feel bad that I'm constantly asking questions, but have nothing to offer in return.)

Anyway, I am trying to choose between the "Preferred Weekend Package" and the "Weekend General Admission" ticket. Based on the website, the only difference is that one offers a reserved seat and the other does not.

I've looked at the seating charts, but there is no indication of how many "non-reserved" seats exist.

Based on what you've seen in previous years, is there a significant advantage to paying for the reserved seats? Are the theaters so large that having a reserved seat really puts you close enough to the stage to make a difference?

I went to the 2011 LA convention, and the theaters were small enough that--for me--it didn't matter whether I sat in the first or last row. I could see and hear the actors the same, and the pictures I took (with my budget point and shoot) came out pretty much the same.

Thanks in advance (And sorry again for being a knowledge leech!)
                Go with the package with the reserved seat. That way you know you have a seat, and can come and go when you please. With a non-reserved seat, you aren't guarnteed a seat. The room at the Hilton where they hold the panel is a good size, and pictures from the back can be a bit blurry (or at least I found that happening).
                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                  The Cabaret is one of the highlights of the weekend. Lastyear Alexis Cruz was one of the Celeb performers and I jave to tell you he was a totally RIOT. And needless to say the show was 13+ age wise. If you ever saw Alexis do his act you would understand.

This year see's Ryan Robbins (a talented singer), Robert Picardo (singer and comedian) and Chuck Campbell (not sure since I haven't seen him perform). But knowing the first two are on the list, I know it will be GOOD!!!
                  OMG - Chuck is awesome and really really funny on stage! He was at Chicago a few years ago. He gets up there on stage and people are going - who is this guy. By the time he was done, everyone was laughing so hard and everyone knew who Chuck was! Chuck is a great addition to the Cabaret!
                  sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                    OMG - Chuck is awesome and really really funny on stage! He was at Chicago a few years ago. He gets up there on stage and people are going - who is this guy. By the time he was done, everyone was laughing so hard and everyone knew who Chuck was! Chuck is a great addition to the Cabaret!
                    Looking forward to him now. Thanks Rosehawk!!!
                    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                    VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Thanks for info, AnnieS and Rosehawk

Comment

Just bought my tickets to the celebrity cabaret! Can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          I've put you in the seats they were in 2010. I didn't have them listed in last year's seating plan. It looks to me like the same seats you had last year. I was close behind you and I was in seat B24 last year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34072[/ATTACH]
                          Thanks Krisz. I never thought to look at last years thread, or the 2010 one. Much appreciated.

Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Does anyone know if we're allowed to loan our seat to someone else if we're not going to attend a certain panel? I'm just in row F, but it'd be a shame if I meet someone there who is a big fan of someone that I'm not going to be able to see, and my seat is closer than theirs. Know what I mean?
                            sigpic
                            "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
                              Does anyone know if we're allowed to loan our seat to someone else if we're not going to attend a certain panel? I'm just in row F, but it'd be a shame if I meet someone there who is a big fan of someone that I'm not going to be able to see, and my seat is closer than theirs. Know what I mean?
                              It's only an issue if the people around you complain to Creation. A few years ago in Chicago, a few did that for a few panels - seats were just switched - no one was out any money. The people doing it were helping friends who were uber fans of the actor on stage. Because the seat was so nice (front row) others complained that it wasn't fair since the people who were switching didn't pay for that specific seat and Creation cracked down a bit on it after that.

Personally, if you bought the ticket and want to switch seats with someone for a panel, I don't see anything wrong with it. You are not cheating anyone, Creation still gets their money regardless of who is sitting there...so it gets down to those around you and if they have issues with it.

I suspect in most cases no one is going to say anything.
                              Last edited by Rosehawk; 10 March 2012, 11:56 AM.
                              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
                                I doubt it would be an issue, in most cases. If the other person were not gold also, someone might complain b/c they see a different color wristband. OTOH, if you get along with your seatmates, you could always mention to them that, since you can't be there, a friend is going to fill your spot for a panel. I really can't see why that's a problem. After all, it's your seat, not theirs.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X