No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, sorry been off a few weeks. Been busy with both my jobs. But looks like I may have the rookie situation figured out. So realived. And getting SO EXCITED!!!!!!
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Het Geo, check your PM. Sent you a message.
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        I have questions.

Is it best to buy tickets for photo ops now or should I wait until I get there? I don't want to miss out.

Also, is anyone going on the Monday location tour they are offering?

Finally (for now), my friend and I arrive in Vancouver on Wednesday afternoon. We're coming from DC so I'm sure we'll be exhausted and not up for much that evening, but we will have all day Thursday free. Any suggestions?
        There is a dinner planned at red robbin, I think, for thursday, a list is floating around here somewhere.
        as I have been to all the locations, I am not doing a tour, but I hear it is fun, and I recommend at least making it out to Jacks cabin. There are so many sci-fi shows filmed there, Sanctuary and Eurika to name a few.
        i agree with Vecturist, I have never bought photo ops ahead of time and always get the ones i want.

on another note, I am getting super excited to see everyone!!!!!
        Music and Stargate
        sigpic
        Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
          Het Geo, check your PM. Sent you a message.
          Got it! Waiting for a reply from my other roomies. Will let you know as soon as I do.

Originally posted by hoschi
          Edit: so I thought I would check and you're right it doesn't say when you put in your cc details that there is the extra charge. Mean!
          Yeah, same thing with the Breakfast tickets. It doesn't say there's an almost $8 "shipping and handling" fee until you are on the very last step of checking out.

Does anyone know if they charge that fee on each separate photo-op/autograph ticket you buy on the site, or if it's just added one time to your group purchase? I'd think you'd receive separate PDFs to print out for each one, yeah? Also, When you go to buy the tickets there at the convention, in person, Can you buy them all at once for all the days, or do you have to wait for the day that your celeb will be there?
          sigpic
          "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

The fee is per ticket, so the more you buy the higher the fee becomes.
            You can buy all the tickets at once at the convention, don't have to wait for the day A certain celeb will be there

Comment

Each item you buy online is charged the S&H fee. So 10 items: $80 plus cost of items.

Comment

*bumping forward*

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin(around the corner from the Hilton)
                Thursday April 26, 2012 time undetermined

Attendees:
                mamasue9
                Camelot7414
                Geoi McKay
                MylittleEli
                Doublecut
                AnnieS
                Nut_ty
                hlndncr
                Krisz
                silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
                Scarym1
                Starbird
                taris-eirien
                dakodia
                Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake +1 (maybe 5)
                SabrinaB - very excited
                Nynaeve69+1

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
                Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
                Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                Doublecut
                mamasue9
                Dr. Carson Beckett
                Camelot7414
                Krisz
                Geoi McKay
                Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                silvercomet
                Scarym1
                AnnieS + 1 maybe
                Nynaeve69 +1
                MylittleElit
                SabrinaB
                Starbird
                Clairec007
                Jian
                picardythirds
                nakedwesley
                knightie
                Vecturist
                SGAFan + 1
                Hoschi
                Lea
                helen450
                taris-eirien + 1
                Nut_ty

hlndncr
                Dimonah Tralon

Comment

Okay this is getting bad. I spoke to soon yesterday. Seems the roommate situation isn't done. Does anyone have room for 2 people in their room. It would be me and my friend Kari who is also a member of Gateworld. We are great roomies and were together lastyear in the same room.

Please let me know ASAP. As I need to let her know as well. Thanks!!

Am getting a bit stressed about this. I do live in the area. But it is a major pain to do transit from where I live, especially on Sunday mornings (tranist from the North Shore on my route does not start till almost 9am) and as you all know the first activites lastyear started at 7:30am (the breakfast) and the first photo-op was at (9:30am). And since there are a ton of guests in 3 days, I suspect activites will start early on ALL 3 days, plus there would be no way I could stay for the latenight stuff as transit does shut down at 1:30am and the things like Karaokee run till then. And since this is the lastone I don't want to miss anything,
                  MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                  MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                  POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                  VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Attendees:
                    mamasue9
                    Camelot7414
                    Geoi McKay
                    MylittleEli
                    Doublecut
                    AnnieS
                    Nut_ty
                    hlndncr
                    Krisz
                    Scarym1
                    Starbird
                    taris-eirien
                    dakodia
                    Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake +1 (maybe 5)
                    SabrinaB - very excited
                    Nynaeve69+1
                    CareBear

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                    Doublecut
                    mamasue9
                    Dr. Carson Beckett
                    Camelot7414
                    Krisz
                    Geoi McKay
                    Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                    silvercomet
                    Scarym1
                    AnnieS + 1 maybe
                    Nynaeve69 +1
                    MylittleElit
                    SabrinaB
                    Starbird
                    Clairec007
                    Jian
                    picardythirds
                    nakedwesley
                    knightie
                    Vecturist
                    SGAFan + 1
                    Hoschi
                    Lea
                    helen450
                    taris-eirien + 1
                    Nut_ty

hlndncr
                    Dimonah Tralon
                    CareBear

Comment

Attendees:
                      mamasue9
                      Camelot7414
                      Geoi McKay
                      MylittleEli
                      Doublecut
                      AnnieS
                      Nut_ty
                      hlndncr
                      Krisz
                      Scarym1
                      Starbird
                      taris-eirien
                      dakodia
                      Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake +1 (maybe 5)
                      SabrinaB - very excited
                      Nynaeve69+1
                      CareBear
                      Clairec007

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                      Doublecut
                      mamasue9
                      Dr. Carson Beckett
                      Camelot7414
                      Krisz
                      Geoi McKay
                      Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                      silvercomet
                      Scarym1
                      AnnieS + 1 maybe
                      Nynaeve69 +1
                      MylittleElit
                      SabrinaB
                      Starbird
                      Clairec007
                      Jian
                      picardythirds
                      nakedwesley
                      knightie
                      Vecturist
                      SGAFan + 1
                      Hoschi
                      Lea
                      helen450
                      taris-eirien + 1
                      Nut_ty

hlndncr
                      Dimonah Tralon
                      CareBear
                      llp
                      sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on multiple fees, guys! Wow! That's CRAZY!

(BTW, just cos people keep calling me "Geo" in messages and stuff, to avoid any awkwardness, my name is Geoi, pronounced like "Joey". I just feel weird about having to tell people to their faces that they're saying it wrong.)
                        Last edited by Geoi McKay; 17 February 2012, 09:30 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CareBear View Post
                          Finally made my way back over here. Can't wait to go up there one final year it is kind of sad though. Oh and does anyone know of someone that needs a roommate preferably at the Hilton? I've kind of been slacking in that department this year and procrastinating. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ohh I also got quite a lot of catching up to do on this thread.
                          Carebear check your PM's. I sent you one.
                          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                          VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Attendees:
                            mamasue9
                            Camelot7414
                            Geoi McKay
                            MylittleEli
                            Doublecut
                            AnnieS
                            Nut_ty
                            hlndncr
                            Krisz
                            Scarym1
                            Starbird
                            taris-eirien
                            dakodia
                            Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake +1 (maybe 5)
                            SabrinaB - very excited
                            Nynaeve69+1
                            CareBear
                            Clairec007

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                            Doublecut
                            mamasue9
                            Dr. Carson Beckett
                            Camelot7414
                            Krisz
                            Geoi McKay
                            Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                            silvercomet
                            Scarym1
                            AnnieS + 1 maybe
                            Nynaeve69 +1
                            MylittleElit
                            SabrinaB
                            Starbird
                            Clairec007
                            Jian
                            picardythirds
                            nakedwesley
                            knightie
                            Vecturist
                            SGAFan + 1
                            Hoschi
                            Lea
                            helen450
                            taris-eirien + 1
                            Nut_ty

hlndncr
                            Dimonah Tralon
                            CareBear
                            llp
                            RinkRat

Comment

Alrighty then. Due to popular demand (1 person), I will share with you all the secrets of Canadian culture. The ones that you don't hear about from the Canadian government or any Canadian tourism sites. I have no idea why they don't share these very important cues. But I will.

When you first get off the plane in Canada (Vancouver for you guys) you will be handed a parka. It gets pretty cold when you cross the border. Don't pay any attention to any "official" temperatures on any sites. After all, you have to admit that 25 degrees in the summer is pretty darned cold. And even on our hottest days, it only goes up to about 30 or so. Anyway, before you are allowed to leave Canada on your way home, you will have to return the parka to the airport authority. If you don't we won't let you leave and you will have to live your remaining days as a Canadian. Oh, the humanity!

While in the airport, please notice as you walk by the Duty Free, that you will also have to pay a hortax. After all, our whores need to buy parkas too. We are nice people. We think of everybody.

If you decide to rent a car (especially in Vancouver) you will notice large puck shaped objects being hurled down the street. These are commonly called Curling Stones. Women with long hair use them to get that massive curl every Canadian wants. And the men use them to play a game with brooms. As a result, you will see that our streets are very very clean.

When you arrive at the hotel, you will be greeted by a Canadian in a uniform. His job is to hand you an umbrella so you don't get wet in the shower. Canadians never use hot water. And being mindful of the comfort of our foreign friends, we make sure you each have protection when you need to get clean. Make sure you ask for the Timmies umbrellas. They are bigger than the rest.

Speaking of Timmies, it's very important that you visit one while in Canada. It's sort of expected. If you don't, you will not be allowed to leave. We will know.

And, finally, if anyone tells you what I have just shared, is not true, call them a liar. The Canadian government does not want you to know these things.

I hope this helps you adjust to the customs of our fine, yet frozen country.
                              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Hahaha! AG, you're a trip!

Hey, didn't you put your name on the GW dinner list, or the Red Robbin's list? I don't see you on either now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X