Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
    I wanna know too, is there anything going on thursday night? I am driving up (Kelowna is only 4 hours away) leaving at around noon(If I get my butt outa bed) and should be there for supper if anyone wants to go?
    I'm in!

Comment

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
      Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
      Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM Mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
      Doublecut
      mamasue9
      Dr. Carson Beckett
      Camelot7414
      Krisz
      Geoi McKay
      Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
      silvercomet
      Scarym1
      [B]AnnieS + 1 maybe[/B]
      Nynaeve69 +1
      MylittleEli[/QUOTE]
      Starbird
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        Seating plan.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33647[/ATTACH]
        Did they add another row of seats at the end? I chose seat 33 so I could be on the end.
        sigpic
        "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

They've added Brent Stait.
          sigpic

Comment

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM Mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
            Doublecut
            mamasue9
            Dr. Carson Beckett
            Camelot7414
            Krisz
            Geoi McKay
            Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
            silvercomet
            Scarym1
            [B]AnnieS + 1 maybe
            Nynaeve69 +1
            MylittleEli
            SabrinaB
            Starbird

Reposting with all names on

Comment

Krisz, I'm B 10

Comment

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                Doublecut
                mamasue9
                Dr. Carson Beckett
                Camelot7414
                Krisz
                Geoi McKay
                Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                silvercomet
                Scarym1
                [B]AnnieS + 1 maybe
                Nynaeve69 +1
                MylittleEli
                SabrinaB
                Starbird
                Clairec007....my first ever Creationcon

sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
                  Did they add another row of seats at the end? I chose seat 33 so I could be on the end.
                  No, I just checked the seating plan on Creation's site and 33 is the last row. It just turns out that the number of rows are not equal on both sides of the center aisle, with there being 17 rows of seats on the left and 16 on the right.

Mike Dopud has been added to the guest list and the "Additional guests to be announced" thing at the bottom is gone (it isn't even present on the Chicago page, either), yet it remains in the description for gold ticket complimentary autographs.

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                    Historically, the evening prior to the con starting, we've usually gone across the street to Red Robin, if anyone is game. It's close by, cheap, and shouldn't interfere with anyone attempting early pre-registration.
                    I'm in. I think..
                    Music and Stargate
                    sigpic
                    Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                      Historically, the evening prior to the con starting, we've usually gone across the street to Red Robin, if anyone is game. It's close by, cheap, and shouldn't interfere with anyone attempting early pre-registration.
                      I'm in as well
                      sigpic

Comment

It should be noted that this year's GateWorld dinner will be attended by no fewer than 3 celeb guests...I just had another one confirm. And several more are looking at their schedules to see if they can make it. A diverse group. All 3 series. Some just recurring guests, some full-time cast members. And most are NOT con guests. Am I torturing you all enough yet?? Ready for 3 more months of this??

The third ticket winner declined...if you entered, keep watching your inboxes. I'll let you know when they are finally claimed. You still have hope, RinkRat! lol
                        Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                        Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                        Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                        Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                        Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                        Con-Version Calgary 2010
                        C2E2 2013-2015
                        TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                        Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                        Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                        FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

I'll be there. It might not be a bad idea just to reserve a table for a large number of people anyway. That way we won't have to wait while they get everything ready.

Now, a potentially stupid question. In the seating plan, there is a black line down the middle. Is that an aisle or just for orientation purposes?

Comment

A THIRD person declined?! Wow. I sure wish i had stumbled into this forum a few months earlier....good luck to everyone else though.

Comment

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                              Doublecut
                              mamasue9
                              Dr. Carson Beckett
                              Camelot7414
                              Krisz
                              Geoi McKay
                              Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                              silvercomet
                              Scarym1
                              [B]AnnieS + 1 maybe
                              Nynaeve69 +1
                              MylittleEli
                              SabrinaB
                              Starbird
                              Clairec007
                              Jian

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                                I'll be there. It might not be a bad idea just to reserve a table for a large number of people anyway. That way we won't have to wait while they get everything ready.

Now, a potentially stupid question. In the seating plan, there is a black line down the middle. Is that an aisle or just for orientation purposes?
                                No question is stupid, I always ask those, I like to make sure of things!!! The black line is the aisle.

I've taken out the extra seat row. I forgot that Creation reduced the number of seats by one in each row after people had written to them saying there was not much room between seats.

Geoi McKay - You are on an end seat, worry not!!!

Updated seating plan.

I'm up for the pre-con meetup at Red Robins on Thursday evening.

Works out quite well for when I get back from the location tour. I wanted to hang around a bit so that the rush hour traffic would be gone before I set off home. Don't think I'll have the energy left for hanging around at pre-registration though, so I guess I'll just have to drive in earlier to register on Friday morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X