No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately a lack of professionalism is a problem everywhere. Don't get me started!

Although I gotta say this
    Last year after Chris Judge had cancelled they promised everyone with a gold ticket that they would receive his autograph (which was included in the price) by mail. I'm still waiting for it...but after inquiring 3 or more times I gave up on it

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
      Unfortunately a lack of professionalism is a problem everywhere. Don't get me started!

Although I gotta say this
      Last year after Chris Judge had cancelled they promised everyone with a gold ticket that they would receive his autograph (which was included in the price) by mail. I'm still waiting for it...but after inquiring 3 or more times I gave up on it
      Yeah..I didn't get my Chris Judge autograph from the Vancouver convention last year either. If you haven't gotten it by now, chances are you are not going to get it.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I think if he hadn't been announced to attend this year I would have kept asking for it, but this way I'm not too fussed about it.
        His autograph is included in Gold tickets again, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
          Yeah..I didn't get my Chris Judge autograph from the Vancouver convention last year either. If you haven't gotten it by now, chances are you are not going to get it.
          That's odd. I got mine about a month later. Wouldn't hurt to ask Adam about it at the con. An email can be avoided but a question asked face to face can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve69 View Post
            That's odd. I got mine about a month later. Wouldn't hurt to ask Adam about it at the con. An email can be avoided but a question asked face to face can't.
            I asked about it in Chicago last year and all I got was a blank stare so yea, face to face can be avoided as well. They get busy and have a lot going during the convention. With the pressure being on during a con, it's not always the best time! If Chris hadn't been in Chicago, I'd probably have pushed it further.
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Chris's autograph was included in the Silver package as well, and yes as I recall ALL attendess who had Chris's auto included in their package was to get one. Yet they tried to not send me one as well. I wrote them an email and basically said I paid for the autograph, why had I not received it yet. The autograph arrived the same week as my missing photo-ops which were delayed by the mail strike. They tried to jip me of my gift as well (HELLO Creation, paid for that too. Thank God another friend had his tablet computer with him at the moment and called up their sight). What maybe 5 silver package holders, not a big expanse to give the silver people what they paid for. We paid almost as much for our package as the gold one this year costs. Had I known that lastyear a few days after I bought my Silver, they were going to drop the price of the gold. I would have waited and bought a gold one.
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                Chris's autograph was included in the Silver package as well, and yes as I recall ALL attendess who had Chris's auto included in their package was to get one. Yet they tried to not send me one as well. I wrote them an email and basically said I paid for the autograph, why had I not received it yet. The autograph arrived the same week as my missing photo-ops which were delayed by the mail strike. They tried to jip me of my gift as well (HELLO Creation, paid for that too. Thank God another friend had his tablet computer with him at the moment and called up their sight). What maybe 5 silver package holders, not a big expanse to give the silver people what they paid for. We paid almost as much for our package as the gold one this year costs. Had I known that lastyear a few days after I bought my Silver, they were going to drop the price of the gold. I would have waited and bought a gold one.
                You know its too bad that there are so many stories like your about Creation. I was so happy with my first convention with them (when they had the last set tour) but since then it seems like their level of quality has gone down quite a bit. I don't know if they are loosing the passion for the conventions or what but it seems like they just don't have the same love for the fans who are the ones that actually pay their bills. You'd think they would treat the fans like favoured clients they have to keep happy since its our repeat patronage at their events that keep them in business.

I understand they are in the business to make money, but I work in sales myself and I feel like their customer service is a little lacking considering how much money they are asking from us.
                sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                GateCon Vancouver 2011
                Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Not surprised - there's a reason I'm not attending this year and I can't blame it all on rising air fares, poor exchange rates and lack of funding.....

I'm sure you'll all have a blast at the very last one......if, and it's only a tiny, tentative if, certain guests get invited to the Vancouver Expo the weekend before, and some of you are there earlier, I may see you around........but it's extremely unlikely..

I will remember the glory days of 06, 07 and 08 with great fondness

Deeds xx
                  Last edited by discodiva; 04 February 2012, 07:03 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                    You guys should totally demand two free autographs from Chris this year! That's disheartening though. Why would they promise that if they weren't going to deliver on it?

The breakfast is like a mini A Dog's Breakfast reunion. When they first put it up, there was a link to buy tickets, but when you went to it, there was no place to actually buy the tickets. It took them two or three days to fix that, and they didn't even bother fixing Jane Loughman's name. I was just like, hmmm, not exactly inspiring a lot of faith for my hundreds and hundreds of hard-earned dollars. Cos seriously, this is the most I've ever spent on myself without like getting a car or a house to show for it. This is costing more than my computer and tablet and TV put together.
                    sigpic
                    "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

LIttle mod note.....guys expressing any gripes about the con company here gains nothing. No, i'm not saying it has to be all praise all the time, however the best way to get any issues addressed is to direct them at Creation themselves.

I'm not saying you can't say anything negative, but let's not turn this into a witch hunt please.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        LIttle mod note.....guys expressing any gripes about the con company here gains nothing. No, i'm not saying it has to be all praise all the time, however the best way to get any issues addressed is to direct them at Creation themselves.

I'm not saying you can't say anything negative, but let's not turn this into a witch hunt please.
                        That's okay, SD. Not trying to "accomplish" anything. Don't have an agenda or a vendetta. It's all goodz.
                        sigpic
                        "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Sorry SD I think I got carried away with my last post a bit. I'm just sad for all the ppl with unfortunate stories about their experiences. Thanks for the reminder
                          sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                          Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                          GateCon Vancouver 2011
                          Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                            Noooooooooooooooooo! I was hoping that since it would be the last one and it was close to home that amanda would somehow be able to put in an appearance. Now, I guess there's no chance of that.

I admit, I am tempted to go to calgary instead (haven't bought gatecon tickets yet...waiting for a few things to come together). Probably won't, since it does involve more travel. *sigh*

Usually, you can get wifi @ blendz and starbucks in Canada, if you really need it. Both are close by. Some McDonald's have it too,
                            The irony of this is that I swap planes in Calgary on way to Van!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

As I recall I think you can get wi-fi reception in the lobby.
                              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                                I will remember the glory days of 06, 07 and 08 with great fondness and I'm devastated to see they've reinstated the Star Breakfast after many times of me requesting it .....it's the one thing I'm going to be gutted to miss...
                                Deeds xx
                                Me too, best con experience I've had were those first Van Cons.
                                I wrote this huge thing on here defending creation, and then I hit the other side of the arguement and realised I am not so one sided about it so I am shutting up! well, about that!!

i am going to this con to see all my friends, minus the gorgeous Deeds (I will be in Van on thursday if you are still around or you can make a trip over here??). The guests and the con are just an added bonus. My favorite thing is that I can go off on a tangent about any sci-fi show and EVERYONE gets it!! There are no "that chick is crazy"
                                Music and Stargate
                                sigpic
                                Perfection

Comment

Working...
                                X