Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
    Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM Mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
    Doublecut
    mamasue9
    Dr. Carson Beckett
    Camelot7414
    Krisz
    Geoi McKay
    Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
    silvercomet
    Scarym1
    AnnieS
    Nynaeve69 +1

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
      Hey guys,

Anyone still need a roomate for the convention. Even though I live in North Vancouver. I find that it SO MUCH easier to stay at the hotel. Especially as it is shaping up to be a VERY busy weekend and Sunday is a ***** for transit here on the North Shore. Let me know. I had messages out to at least 2 people and nothing came of this . Please let me know ASAP thanks.

The last response was for Friday night only. I need for the whole weekend (Thursday to Monday).
      Hey AnnieS. I will know more in a couple of weeks, but I'm already booked at the Holiday Inn with one or two or three tentative roomies. Nobody can really confirm until mid-February though. Let me know if you don't have anybody by Simon Pegg Day. (Valentine's Day for the rest of the world )
      sigpic
      "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Seating plan.

Comment

Thanks Geo. Will let you know. Am willing to sleep on a cot andd the HI would be cheaper and closer to transit.
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

]

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM Mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
            Doublecut
            mamasue9
            Dr. Carson Beckett
            Camelot7414
            Krisz
            Geoi McKay
            Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
            silvercomet
            Scarym1
            AnnieS
            Nynaeve69 +1
            MylittleEli
            sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
            Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
            GateCon Vancouver 2011
            Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Ok folks...now that the new year is here I can finally start to put convention time at the front of my brain. Yay!

So I have signed up for the after party...but whats the deal with the pre-convention get together? There may a post about it in the last few pages but just thought I'd ask instead of searching.

And finally, if anyone has any questions about Vancouver stuff (like transit, attractions, restaurants etc) I live just outside the main city (in steveston where they filmed "Nightwalkers") so i have free advice
              sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
              Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
              GateCon Vancouver 2011
              Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                Doublecut
                mamasue9
                Dr. Carson Beckett
                Camelot7414
                Krisz
                Geoi McKay
                Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                silvercomet
                Scarym1
                [B]AnnieS + 1 maybe[/B]
                Nynaeve69 +1
                MylittleEli
                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                  Ok folks...now that the new year is here I can finally start to put convention time at the front of my brain. Yay!

So I have signed up for the after party...but whats the deal with the pre-convention get together? There may a post about it in the last few pages but just thought I'd ask instead of searching.
                  I wanna know too, is there anything going on thursday night? I am driving up (Kelowna is only 4 hours away) leaving at around noon(If I get my butt outa bed) and should be there for supper if anyone wants to go?
                  Music and Stargate
                  sigpic
                  Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                    I wanna know too, is there anything going on thursday night? I am driving up (Kelowna is only 4 hours away) leaving at around noon(If I get my butt outa bed) and should be there for supper if anyone wants to go?
                    I arrive about 6:30pm on Thursday evening, and I was wondering if there was a gathering somewhere for a meetup dinner..

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                      I arrive about 6:30pm on Thursday evening, and I was wondering if there was a gathering somewhere for a meetup dinner..
                      Historically, the evening prior to the con starting, we've usually gone across the street to Red Robin, if anyone is game. It's close by, cheap, and shouldn't interfere with anyone attempting early pre-registration.
                      Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                      Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                      Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                      Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                      Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                      Con-Version Calgary 2010
                      C2E2 2013-2015
                      TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                      Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                      Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                      FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                        Historically, the evening prior to the con starting, we've usually gone across the street to Red Robin, if anyone is game. It's close by, cheap, and shouldn't interfere with anyone attempting early pre-registration.
                        works for me..

Comment

Sounds good here as well.
                          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                          VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                            That sounds great. Do we need a reservation?
                            sigpic
                            Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                              That sounds great. Do we need a reservation?
                              They don't accept reservations. We'll have to go in as a group and they will clear an area for us. Red Robin is very familiar with Stargate convention attendees.

Comment

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                                Doublecut
                                mamasue9
                                Dr. Carson Beckett
                                Camelot7414
                                Krisz
                                Geoi McKay
                                Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
                                silvercomet
                                Scarym1
                                [B]AnnieS + 1 maybe