This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    Well, everybody speak up or forever hold your peace! Tame? DJ? Marimba? We're arriving on Thursday so if Thursday night is a good time for everyone that works for me. We could also try to pull off Sunday night but if anyone is leaving early Monday morning that might be a problem.

Okay I'm speaking up - I have to work on Thursday so I'm not flying in until late Thursday night (11:30PM) - don't fly out until Mon afternoon.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Friday night would work for us, I believe.

Comment

In the case of tsaxlady, not everyone may be in by Thursday night, plus it'll be better to have it closer to the weekend. That's all I'm saying

Comment

O.k. so if we go Friday night then we're going to have to just skip the Cabaret then? Cuz the con is from 1-7 then the Cabaret starts at 9. If I have to choose I'll probably choose the dinner but this is my first and maybe likely only con and I've forked out quite a bit of money to go to this thing and I'd rather not miss out on anything.
          Last edited by Shipperahoy; 21 February 2005, 07:13 PM.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I'd hate to miss out on the Cabaret as well. I think it's a unique opportunity to see a different side of these celebrities that we might never get a chance to see again. This is the first time several of us have gone to a con and I know I would like the "full experience".

I don't know, I'm never very good at planning a get together of this sort. Perhaps, instead of a dinner, a lunch would work. I don't know; it's just a thought.
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

I would be open to a lunch of that's the way the cookie crumbles. I'd just rather not miss any of the con stuff if I don't have to but I certainly don't want those who aren't coming in early to miss out either.

Comment

Well either a pre con lunch on Friday would work for me or a Saturday night one. I wasn't aware there was anything on Saturday I just see a Friday evening dessert/cabaret thing...or am I just not able to read schedules? DJF I didn't know you would be going to the con! We definitely need to meet up and drool over Shanks together. :-)

I am driving up on Thursday and leaving Monday so anything works for me...

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                Photobucket

Comment

I was just talking to David and he thinks that we may be able to fit in the dinner between the end of the daily activities and the cabaret. We may even be able to bug out of the day stuff a little early. I think that would work though it may be a bit tight. A lunch get together is out for Darren and David as they've got stuff planned and Thursday wouldn't work for some people. So let us know if this works for everyone.

Comment

I take it then, this would be somewhere near the hotel then? If so, I'll go along with it. But, if David is wrong and we miss something special, he'll owe us big time.....
                    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

David is looking in to the location and he'll get back to us. I think 2 hours will be enough if it's close to the hotel. We'll have to be mindful of the time but at least this way nobody is missing out on the dinner and we won't have to miss any of the con stuff.

Comment

I was just talking to David and he thinks that we may be able to fit in the dinner between the end of the daily activities and the cabaret. We may even be able to bug out of the day stuff a little early. I think that would work though it may be a bit tight. A lunch get together is out for Darren and David as they've got stuff planned and Thursday wouldn't work for some people. So let us know if this works for everyone.
                        Hi All,

This would work for me. I too would not be able to make a Thursday nite dinner as my flight will be arriving at around 2:10 a.m. on Thursday nite. OY!

So other than Thursday nite, I am good for whatever you guys choose.

Toni

Comment

I think between the end of the day and the cabaret would be fine. Is that on Friday or Saturday? I have a friend in Burnaby that I am staying with, I can ask him what places are close to the hotel that would work. Also the hotel, I am told, is nearby a skytrain station so we can always take the skytrain to wherever we are going.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                          Photobucket

Comment

The cabaret is on Friday night. Timewise we'll probably want to look at resaurants pretty close to the hotel. David is looking at one in particular but I'm afraid I can't remember the name of it.

Comment

Just chiming in here I will be fine with a dinner on Friday as well in between activities ...I DEFINITELY want a chance to spend some time with other GWers as well as enjoy the Con ....So I will try to attend anything I can get to
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I was just talking to David and he thinks that we may be able to fit in the dinner between the end of the daily activities and the cabaret.
                                That works for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X