Stargate Minneapolis Convention June 12-13 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the response from Gary-

As this is meant to be a small show our budget is smaller than others (and tickets cheaper at least!). So we won't be able to hire David, maybe next time!
    Best,
    gary

Oh well- I tried. Maybe he'll just randomly show up. Ya never know!
    sigpic
    Sig by im_meli
    More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post

As this is meant to be a small show our budget is smaller than others (and tickets cheaper at least!). So we won't be able to hire David, maybe next time!
      Best,
      gary

It was a long shot - given low ticket sales, etc. Thanks for trying though. At least you put David's name in there for the future.
      sigpic

Comment

hi NW (Nakedwesley):

how ya doin?? are you still coming to the chicago con?? hope to see ya there james from chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post

Best,
          gary

That's kind of what I expected because it's a small convention! *sigh* At least you tried, thanks!

Well, I almost got to meet him this year!
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Totally off topic- did all of us join GW back in 06 or what? LOL

Yeah, no David. At least for Gatecon, David lives in the area. You may see him go by on his bike.

GW is giving away Gold tickets. I'm not upset paying full price since I only bought a ticket to Sunday, but wow. I hope there are no cancellations for us. (off to go hug my voodoo doll to keep David and Joe for Sunday)
            sigpic
            Sig by im_meli

Comment

Originally posted by james watson View Post
              hi NW (Nakedwesley):

how ya doin?? are you still coming to the chicago con?? hope to see ya there james from chicago.
              Hi James! Yep, I'll be in Chicago. Like you, I go every year. Should be a good time this year!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
                Hi James! Yep, I'll be in Chicago. Like you, I go every year. Should be a good time this year!
                hi there:

oh cool, what row are you in?? i'm in the fourth row this year row D1. is it august yet?? james from chicago. yes should be fun this year with lots of great guests.

Comment

Woaw.. I finally booked everything ... and I hope there will be no cancellation (don't have a voodoo doll but crossing all fingers)

Comment

Originally posted by james watson View Post
                    hi there:

oh cool, what row are you in?? i'm in the fourth row this year row D1. is it august yet?? james from chicago. yes should be fun this year with lots of great guests.
                    I'm in A7. I lucked into it back in '06 and keep renewing it. I will look for you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
                      I'm in A7. I lucked into it back in '06 and keep renewing it. I will look for you.
                      hi there:

i will look for you too maybe we can exchange emails?? mine is: [email protected] i also added you on yahoo too. do you read any stargate novels or get the stargate magazine??? the breakfast is the best part of the whole convention, i think. myabe i will stay now for the dessert party since i made a new friend james from chicago. do you generally go by yourself?? i do too as no one in my family likes sci-fi or stargate.

Comment

Oh I really really want to go!! Talk about an intimate convention!
                        The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                        Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
                          Oh I really really want to go!! Talk about an intimate convention!
                          Yeah, I think this is really going to be a different kind of Creation convention. Similar in format but different because it's going to be so much smaller then what they usually have.

I just wish they would publish the schedule early, I have some conflicts on Saturday and have to make some tough choices on when to leave for about an hour and a half.
                          sigpic

Comment

Schedule from Creation: http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgmn.htm

SHOW HOURS

SATURDAY JUNE 12
                            9:00 am to NOON: VENDORS ROOM Set-Up/Vendors Only
                            11 am to 11:30am: Pre-Registration for Gold Weekend Patrons, not a necessity, just a convenience.
                            11:30 am to 11:45 am: Pre-Registration for Preferred Weekend Patrons, not a necessity, just a convenience
                            11:45 am to 6pm: Registration for all
                            Noon to 6pm: Vendors room opens, and Theatre Open featuring appearances Brian Smith, Gary Jones, and Alaina Huffman, hosted by Dan Shea. Dynamite Comics Stargate Presentation. Costume Contest. Note autographing will continue well beyond 6pm.
                            9:00 pm: SATURDAY NIGHT DESSERT PARTY (complimentary and exclusive for Gold Weekend Patrons) With celebrity appearances by Brian Smith, Gary Jones, and Dan Shea. Featuring The Stargate Centerpiece Contest ($250 gift certificate prize).

SUNDAY JUNE 13
                            10:30 am to 11:00 am: VENDORS ROOM SET UP/ Vendors Only
                            11:00 am to 6 pm: Registration, Vendors Room Open
                            11:30 am to 6pm: Theatre Open, guest appearances with Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett, hosted by Dan Shea. Note that autographs will go beyond 6pm, so please be prepared if you wish to get autographs.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by im_meli

Comment

nothing on friday .. hum.. I will be already there.. hope that some of you will be too

Comment

Originally posted by sylvie View Post
                                nothing on friday .. hum.. I will be already there.. hope that some of you will be too
                                I live in the area so I will be around though I'm not staying at the hotel.

If anyone coming in on Friday wants to get dinner or something we can do that! There's lots to do downtown on a Friday night.

I think we are also doing something on Sunday evening after autographs!

Okay, anyone on here get one of the Meet N Greets?????
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X